IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recommend to change wording to: "...will be relayed after your confirmation"
AND to show "Congratulations, your offer has been sent" only AFTER the buyer's confirmation.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
But from external visitors (who use Epik system for the 1st time) I never receive any 2nd bids or internal messages.
Very strangely

My ratio is about 25%...meaning about one fourth of those that make an inquiry, where I counter, ever responds again. About a third of those that do respond (with help from Rob every now and then) ends up in a sale in a range that is acceptable.

•••
•••
when i trying to delete or add a new url forwarding destination i am getting en error Invalid Destination parameter, use only ASCII characters

•••
Screenshot_20210316-153311.png

Sigh...

•••
This is a small thing but it has bothered me for years...makes me think of the old Tarzan movies.

epik now order.jpg

Shouldn't it say "Order this domain now"?

•••
•••
My ratio is about 25%...meaning about one fourth of those that make an inquiry, where I counter, ever responds again. About a third of those that do respond (with help from Rob every now and then) ends up in a sale in a range that is acceptable.

You ask for Rob's help at the beginning of the offer or somewhere in between?

•••
You ask for Rob's help at the beginning of the offer or somewhere in between?

I don't think I've ever asked for his input up front...usually comes as things break down...kind of a hail Mary sort of play. Although we have never discussed it, I imagine he watches the marketplace offers...I'm sure he has seen some interesting things! He is sincere when he says he wants us (investors) to succeed...it keeps the ball rolling for all of us.

•••
We’ll look into your case today and revert on the case of transfers during grace renewal. I believe there is something unique happening there where the receiving registrar is supposed to add a year but then does not.
You should, because Epik got it, if one would believe ICANN: https://www.icann.org/news/advisory-2002-06-06-en
refund not received.

now i have issue with url forwarding it seems to be this option was disabled on my account due i forwarded all of my domains to my primary domain.

•••
I don't think I've ever asked for his input up front...usually comes as things break down...kind of a hail Mary sort of play. Although we have never discussed it, I imagine he watches the marketplace offers...I'm sure he has seen some interesting things! He is sincere when he says he wants us (investors) to succeed...it keeps the ball rolling for all of us.

He's watching a lot of things and it's amazing he's able to find the time, at his position, to be that actively involved.

He's definitely putting in the time and work to help out when needed. Sincerely appreciate that.

•••
He's watching a lot of things and it's amazing he's able to find the time, at his position, to be that actively involved.

He's definitely putting in the time and work to help out when needed. Sincerely appreciate that.

Thanks.

It is not easy keeping trains running on time as we scale up. There are a few moving parts:

- Scale up of core registrar, marketplace and escrow businesses with near perfection

- Helping our clients close deals and succeed with their purchases

- Managing a high impact innovation program

- Incubating numerous digital empowerment initiatives.

- Finding and hiring amazing people that want to "Be Epik".

- Evaluating numerous acquisition opportunities

- Holding the line on constitutional liberty in the digital age

I believe we do underestimate what can be done in a day.

These are fascinating times when tremendous value will both be created and destroyed. Our goal is to create value to bring as many people along as possible.

We are very fortunate to be surrounded by capable people on all sides who co-create abundance. The folks who don't take us for granted, often find out that we were pretty good allies and friends.

As for people who use this thread as their personal support thread, there are way more efficient ways to get help, starting with the free 24/7 live chat and phone support that are usually excellent.

Related context for anyone who is trying to understand why we do what we do:

•••
As I see, all domains on Epik marketplace are shown as Premium Domains...
Please remove this word Premium to prevent the buyer's misunderstanding of yearly renewals...

2021-03-17-004941_1191x125_scrot.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
As I see, all domains on Epik marketplace are shown as Premium Domains...
Please remove this word Premium to prevent the buyer's misunderstanding of yearly renewals...

Show attachment 185372
a com domain has no premium renewal. so com buyers not misunderstanding

for other tlds new gtlds or cctlds should be a different word or term..

•••
Even if .com
blah-blah-blah-247.com will be displayed as Premium domain.
This label/adjective must be not used regardless of TLD.

Last edited:
•••
refund not received.

now i have issue with url forwarding it seems to be this option was disabled on my account due i forwarded all of my domains to my primary domain.
refund received
url forwarding issue resolved

Great and reliable registrar. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Personal Thank You to @Rob Monster

•••
Hi !

I wanna talk about my last experience ... the last week I taken a long conversation with a reseller to purchase a domain name, after we concluded it with a BUY PRICE ... I suggested to the seller so we do the exchange using EPIK ESCROW (Why? Because ultra fast and already used that service, low cost), then he accepted and when he were about to transfer the domain name, he got a problem and he said that he can't pay for the transfer fees (About 7.49$ on EPIK) - I tought that he can't pay because of PayPal problem or something ... so, I contacted EPIK support quickly in order to send him 8.49$ from my INSTORE CREDIT to her/his account so he pay the transaction fees (transfer).

But the support need to fellow the case first to the manager responsible about this task since it's not allowed to transfer credits to another account other than yours ! (Notice that I recieved an instant/live support).

So, I decided to contact @Rob Monster, I was worried to pass behind this opportunity ... again he answered few seconds after my message ... what he did? He top upped directly the sellers account without removing credit from my own balance.

I contacted the seller and notified him to fellow up with the transaction ... after many other exchanges it appeared as a scammer (It was confirmed by contacting the real owner to the email that @Rob Monster provided to me again !).

This is a review about the CEO of @epik ... I really recommand you to use Epik Escrow/Services (It's not because only of this, but I am comfortable with it and offer all options that domainer needs in one place.).

Thanks again for your help (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) !

Last edited:
•••
i dont think the support team understands all the products, i realize there are a lot but i cant get them to differentiate between Nameliquidate and the daily diamonds. page

•••
i dont think the support team understands all the products, i realize there are a lot but i cant get them to differentiate between Nameliquidate and the daily diamonds. page

Will review your chat transcripts. Weekend also has a smaller array of support experts to choose from. Behind the scenes they are supporting each other, especially when it comes the newer team additions. We have added some real support rockstars lately. Jaime and Nelson in particular have built a big fan base in a short time.

•••
Just memoralized vhat w jaime. I know im using a little used section.. thank u for private revure. Page

•••
Jaime from Epik support is on NP at @JLJ. Will ask Mods to give him an Epik badge.

When he is not working on Epik support, he is a very talented violinist. Sometimes he shares musical clips with the Epik team. See example. I think he makes dreadlocks look pretty distinguished.

One of the side projects Jaime has agreed to take on is our long time incubated project called FullVenue.com for empowering event commerce. That was a name selected right here on NP.

It is a joy at Epik to identify the unique talents and passions of each individual and tailor a role around that person. I don't know why this is not more commonly done. It is the core of what it means to #BeEpik.

•••
A pleasure to officially "debut" on the forum as an Epik representative.

It's an even greater pleasure to not only be valued by Rob and the awesome team at Epik as an employee and human being, but to thrive every day to elevate our support and help our customers and fellow domain investors create, launch and run their businesses. It's truly fulfilling to be able to serve this community.

If you're ever in need of assistance, feel free to tag me or send me a mail at [email protected].

•••
- Helping our clients close deals and succeed with their purchases

.... just to keep you guys busy, especially Epik Dev dep. Have a fun! Regards

epik-landingpage.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I also received the email notification about my update with some obsolete text, it must be corrected...

Parking Settings:

Parking Type: VOODOO
So 14+ months elapsed since my report - it wasn't fixed.
Epik sends these emails when I set Premium parking in a bulk (for tens of my domains)...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back