NameSilo

Dan.com stole my $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Dan.com accepted the $ for the domain they knew they did not have. I have proof they didn't have that domain and accepted money anyway. They refunded $4,000 short for the name. They are breaking the law by not keeping your $ in secure escrow account. Instead they returned $4,000 less from different BANK, different COUNTRY, and shorted me $4,000.
I demand they return the $ I paid for the name. They held the $ for 1 week!!! and returned $4,000 short.
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I already put up the numbers here. Its in this chat. They shorted me $4,000

•••
The problem there is...

Show attachment 206162

Show attachment 206163

...there wasn't that much of a currency swing between Monday and Friday in EUR/USD. So if you are claiming you originated the transaction in dollars, then why are you saying they waited until the exchange rate would be worse?
I got paid $4,000 less, I obviously have all receipts to prove it. I would have to prove it to dan.com to get refunded. I asked dan.com to contact me to refund me for my losses.

•••
Nobody has ever had similar situation with dan.com and got returned the RIGHT amount.

•••
The rate should be fixed. You should return on same rate I paid for the domain,

•••
Dan.com failed to provide the name. They kept the money as long as possible after I asked for refund 10 times.
Th
If we'd contact you privately it would be our lawyer contacting you about the defamation and extortion case you're building in this thread.

We're closely monitoring your actions here and elsewher

•••
$4000 big money.
I think Only Problem here dan not refunded full money same account.

Thanks for sharing issues/alerts

Last edited:
•••
I sent an offer to dan.com. It was ACCEPTED!. I sent the money and they already knew the name was not available.
They accepted money. Refused to return it for 1week. Then shorted me $4,000 usd. They used 2 different banks from 2 different companies and countries. Your money is NOT safe in their escrow. They using the funds which were paid for the name they DO NOT have. They refusing to answer why they shorted me $4,000 USD.
They doing money laundering between banks and different countries. You money is not safe with them.
You are supposed to return SAME AMOUNT, FROM SAME ACCOUNT you GOT PAID.

•••
They have to return the funds with same exchange rate I paid for the domain. I should not be losing $ due to exchange rates difference and them sending money back on worst day possible for exchange rate to cheat me.

•••
Dan.com failed to provide the name. They kept the money as long as possible after I asked for refund 10 times.
They send it on worst rate possible.
Well, since @ksusha64 is more interested in asking questions and making accusations than answering them, I noticed there is an ambiguity in the claim, and I think I have a better idea of what is happening. Part of the problem here is that English is obviously not his or her first language.

IF @ksusha64 ever decides to post the proof which they promised in the OP, then it would also be good to get a clear explanation of (a) where @ksusha64 is located, (b) what is @ksusha64 's bank and (c) in what currency was the payment intended to be sent and received.

There are some banks which cannot receive foreign currency payments. For example, if you have an account with TD Bank in the United States, you can send and receive US dollar payments. If, however, you are a US TD Bank customer, and you either receive or send a payment in non-US currency, then the payment will be routed through the Canadian Toronto Dominion Bank corporation as an intermediary bank.

But since @ksusha64 just wants to have a hissy fit instead of posting useful information, we will probably not know.

You haven't posted evidence of anything. And your stance of "I won't post anything unless someone promises me something" is simply childish.

@
[/QUOTE]
I would share your view - but after learning this ...

+

... I can't.
They informed about name not being available after MONEY WAS SENT. This proof about fraud intentions to keep the money for whole business week instead of returning it right away.

•••
Also used two different companies, undeveloped and dan.com for 2 transactions.
2 different banks, 2 different countries 2 different companies.

•••
Why did they not return the $ same day with same rate? I would not of lost the $

•••
Why should I pay for exchange rate difference when they failed to deliver the name??

•••
None of the domaines here stated they paid 5+ figures in euros for domain and got returned exact amount.
Not one person has proof of successful transaction of returning wired funds from dan.com.
Not one person in this chat.

•••
Not one domainer here said they had similar situation and got their money back correctly.
NOT ONE PERSON.

•••
Just because you sent 1 BTC back when its 10K less and use the date when it falls doesn't mean you didn't scam the person for 10K. Thats exactly what they did. They waited until bad exchange rate to return funds.

•••
Dan.com didn't answer any of my questions.

•••
I gradually started moving my domains landing page from Dan to other sites in solidarity with our colleague and lack of sympathy for her problem (even with her bad way of presenting her problem).

We have to admit that there are people who are more bad and less polite than we have seen their comments here.

Thank you Dan, I love and appreciate you very much But I am psychologically damaged for this (op)

•••
I want some answers from Dan.com. Will they refund me the money I lost on this transaction? Its clearly THEIR FAULT

•••
They knew name was not available according to them before I sent the money, but failed to return it same day.
Instead they waited for rate exchange to drop to steal the funds. If u send someone 1 btc for a name that you don't have, then wait until btc goes from 60-50K and then return 1 btc thats fraud. Thats exactly what they did with exchange rate.
My bank is CHASE , They also LIED in this thread that they used same bank. I obviously have receipts.
They sent from from USA bank Wells Fargo and took money in Netherland Bank in Holland.
They lying in this thread about all the details.
Also used two different companies, undeveloped and dan.com for 2 transactions.

•••
Why should I take the loss on transaction where they played switch and bait, kept money for unreasonable time etc?

•••
If any of you bought a name and got $4,000 less you would probably file a lawsuit by now.

•••
Except lied about bunch of things. Like telling me not to send the money after money was already sent.

•••
So, five hours ago you post this:

Then, you go on a multi-post rant like an energizer bunny with zero "screen shots and proof" in sight.

@DAN.COM shows up, answers your post, and also posts what purport to be screen shots of the transaction from their end, and you still haven't made good on your original post in this thread for these screen shots of yours.

You've also posted that @DAN.COM held your money for a "week", when it looks to be closer to three days. However, sometimes, international wire transfers can be held up, for a variety of reasons.

Now @ksusha64 hasn't mentioned what country they are in, but it could take some time for the December 9 payment from @DAN.COM to reach the destination account - and possibly not by the Monday morning time at which @ksusha64 made the OP in this thread.

My best guess is that @ksusha64 is upset by the fact that the domain listing was not legit in the first place, and that annoyance has blinded him or her to perhaps making a mistake in looking at his/her bank records, and mis-attributed two payments to the expected refund.

Here's a simple question for the reader... if part of the refund payment from @DAN.COM was sent to @ksusha64 from "a different company" as alleged by @ksusha64 , then on what basis is @ksusha64 claiming that it has anything to do with any amount sent by @DAN.COM ? I mean, instead of saying "there were two wires which are $4,000 short, and one is from a different company" why isn't he or she saying "there was one wire which was $XX,XXX short"?

That detail alone in @ksusha64 's story doesn't make any sense to me.

If "Bob" owed me 10,000, and I received a 5,000 payment from Bob, and a 4,000 payment from Alice, I would be saying that Bob shorted me by 5,000. I wouldn't be saying that Bob shorted me by 1,000 and sent part of his payment pretending to be Alice. Why would I even think the payment from Alice had anything to do with Bob?
The logic is much simpler, I got paid $4,000 less for the product I did not receive. Thats my damages. They did it intentionally based on evidence.

•••
If Dan.com lied about using 2 different banks in this thread , does it prove they committed fraud?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back