IT.COM

Dan.com is careless

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

youaintme

Established Member
Impact
I used to use dan.com, but for the last two years, I was using epik.com marketplace alone.

And you know what happed over there, even if their "master" bucks is back to the game, I don't want to use them. I can not trust epik anymore.

So I moved to dan.com and I've realised being a godaddy brand helps. my domains are selling, but here comes the problem.

I always save the first sale profit for re-investment purpose and wire the next to my local bank account and repeat since it's easy to exchange $ to our currency, but almost impossible to reverse.

At dan, There's wasn't any verification requirement for bitcoin withdrawals before two years or at least for $$$ sales since all my sales are in low to mid $$$ all the time.

And now when I was setting up my old account, I wanted to update the btc address, but it was disabled for my account.

It requires verification so I contacted their rep, She told me everything and said I've to make a sale first in order to start the verification process.

I was afraid of being trapped and said this all:

i.PNG

And now, I made my first sale over there and here's what they have come up with:

ii.PNG

I sent an my documents which have an english caption like my school id, bank account book and atm card. It doesn't work.

There's still a a bank withdrawal option, but as I've already mentioned I wanted this for re-investment purpose since it's hard to get $s from here once it's wired to my bank.

Anyways, I'm not saying they have to accept me. I can understand their concern. They've the right and obligation to protect their company and customers.

Here's my question: Shouldn't they have to let us verify our account at first just before making a sale?

I would simply leave without saying a word if they had let me verify myself before making a sale.

Now, I'm trapped. I've lost my domain and my re-investment balance at once.

Just to let everyone know, in case you want to join dan but doesn't have a passport, think again. Just an alert.

I

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This verification only if you're using crypto payout right? You still can cash out using Wire or Paypal or maybe Payoneer in this case

•••
•••
This verification only if you're using crypto payout right? You still can cash out using Wire or Paypal or maybe Payoneer in this case
As I've already mentioned, I wanted the $s in bitcoins since once a money is wired to my country, It's almost impossible to get it back to the digital system for re-investment purpose. It will be just a banknote for a local use alone.

And Paypal is not available over here. Anyways, I will be using the wire transfer right now.

But if they had let me verify myself at first, even if they declined my documents, I could simply sell the domain via epik and re-invest the funds. Now, I lost two chances ( my domain & my re-investment option ) and unwillingly forced to wire the funds.

As a domain investor, I should have to re-invest a portion of my profit or else there won't be another sale/profit.

Anyways, All I'm saying is they have to make the verification process first for those who want a bictoin withdrawal. So it let us decide whether to continue or give up.

Last edited:
•••
Careless? You want them to be shut down by the feds and their bank accounts frozen? You want people there to get locked up and thrown in prison?

Crypto has become the most intrusive way to conduct business. My brother did a 30 dollar freelance job on a popular site, he decided for the first time to ask for pay in crypto. The website made him submit documents that you usually are only asked if you are applying to work for as a kings chef.

We need to stop blaming companies like coinbase, dan, and others that are asking for everything other than a hair sample (that will come). They know that if they do not have the paperwork when the government comes knocking, they will get shut down immediately.

Dan is all about lower commissions and to do that, they must conserve all resources. Most domainers never sell a name and if they do most don't want btc. So instead of wasting resources they decided to only have you do the verification once there is money.

I am against all these privacy violations, however, the companies are not the ones to blame.

How ironic that the currency that gave millions of hope of privacy, has become the currency that destroys privacy more than anything else. Thanks to crypto, millions of people now have their most personal data floating around servers everywhere.

•••
Careless? You want them to be shut down by the feds and their bank accounts frozen? You want people there to get locked up and thrown in prison?

Crypto has become the most intrusive way to conduct business. My brother did a 30 dollar freelance job on a popular site, he decided for the first time to ask for pay in crypto. The website made him submit documents that you usually are only asked if you are applying to work for as a kings chef.

We need to stop blaming companies like coinbase, dan, and others that are asking for everything other than a hair sample (that will come). They know that if they do not have the paperwork when the government comes knocking, they will get shut down immediately.

Dan is all about lower commissions and to do that, they must conserve all resources. Most domainers never sell a name and if they do most don't want btc. So instead of wasting resources they decided to only have you do the verification once there is money.

I am against all these privacy violations, however, the companies are not the ones to blame.

How ironic that the currency that gave millions of hope of privacy, has become the currency that destroys privacy more than anything else. Thanks to crypto, millions of people now have their most personal data floating around servers everywhere.

lol I always laugh at all those moronic fools who setup even whole communes of crypto addicts and antigovnt people they call themselves... cause crypto is nothing more than a govt experiment. like everything else for millennia is a preplanned setup of control where our freedom is just illusion.

•••
https://dan.com/terms_of_use

In section 5.7:

You agree to provide government-issued photo identification and/or government-issued business identification as required for verification of identity when requested.

Simply send them your "government-issued photo identification and/or government-issued business identification". If you don't have one, first get this document from the government.

Last edited:
•••
Good morning.

Sometimes we have to do something that we do not like or we do not agree with. I can't believe that in the 21st Century you do not have a passport or an internationally recognized national identity card. This is more relevant to you as a domain name investor who has signed up to the future of technology and the advances required to facilitate commerce etc etc. There must be millions of people in your country who have a passport and/or a national identity card.

I'd suggest that you get formalized now as it will be even more of a requirement in the future when it will be the accepted norm.

I've been validated online in the literal blink of an eye, and it takes just a few minutes and once done I will not have to do it again.

I wish you well with your endeavours, but you should reconsider your options now before it becomes a bigger problem.

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
OP here's the another hidden DAN.COM term: after successful verification and first complete sale for withdrawal in cryptos you should have several successful sales (5 or more) your account should be "trusted".

Last edited:
•••
This post don't make any sense. :)

•••
Seems like everyone is with dan. Well! But what you guys doesn't understand is I'm may not fulfill their reqirement, but shouldn't they have to let me know first? I'm trapped now.

Let's take sedo.com! they require my passport so i simply left.

But dan mislead me saying it's okay and now gifted my domain for someone else. I lost my domain and my balance.

So this is just to let them know the verification process for btc withdrawal should be started before making any sale. they have to update their traditional system. It's a trap.

Last edited:
•••
Seems like everyone is with dan. Well! But what you guys doesn't understand is I'm may not fulfill their reqirement, but shouldn't they have to let me know first? I'm trapped now.

But dan mislead me saying it's okay and now gifted my domain for someone else. I lost my domain and my balance.

So this is just to let them know the verification process for btc withdrawal should be started before making any sale. they have to update their traditional system. It's a trap.
Where are you from? Such thing is ok for EU businesses. Hidden terms and any sh*t..

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

Loop:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dan-com-is-careless.1286208/#post-8734911

•••
It isn’t DAN’s fault you don’t have commonly used ID docs. It isn’t DAN’s fault you want crypto. It isn’t DAN’s fault you don’t like your country’s banking.

You are the one who is careless. KYC is everywhere. If you want to receive money/crypto on the web you better accept that.

•••
•••
What everyone doesn't understand is I've realised I'm ineligible to use bictoin withdrawal on dan.

You know, sedo.com required my passport on the gate and i left.

But dan mislead me to make a sale and now hold my money.

I'm just saying they have to require verification before making us sale. It's a trap.

If they have declined my documnets at first, I could simply sell the domain anywhere else.

Last edited:
•••
What everyone doesn't understand is I've realised I'm ineligible to use bictoin withdrawal on dan.

You know, sedo.com required my passport on the gate and i left.

But dan mislead me to make a sale and now hold my money.

I'm just saying they have to require verification before making us sale. It's a trap.

If they have declined my documnets at first, I could simply sell the domain anywhere else.
It's very unlikely that anyone can move money around the world without verification anymore.
How much money you're awaiting for payout?

Last edited:
•••
It's very unlikely that anyone can move money around the world without verification anymore.
How much money you're awaiting for payout?
I can understand. But my point is they have to make it clear at first, not after I made a sale.
And it's low $$$, but I've another 2 similar transactions on the way. What matters was the continuity.

•••
I can understand. But my point is they have to make it clear at first, not after I made a sale.
And it's low $$$, but I've another 2 similar transactions on the way. What matters was the continuity.
The world changes rapidly fast on daily basis. Like I wrote before - you can't expect to move money around the world without verification anymore.
DAN wrote you that the compliance team will request a series of documents from you. Well, what where you expecting from them to request?

•••
The world changes rapidly fast on daily basis. Like I wrote before - you can't expect to move money around the world without verification anymore.
DAN wrote you that the compliance team will request a series of documents from you. Well, what where you expecting from them to request?
Everything except passport and driving license since I've already let them know I don't have these two. I've everything from local ID, bank details and educational certificates. They are written in english except the local id.

Attachments

• i.PNG
    i.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 52
•••
Everything except passport and driving license since I've already let them know I don't have these two. I've everything from local ID, bank details and educational certificates. They are written in english except the local id.
Write to DAN.com that you don't have a passport and if they can wire you the amount to your bank account.

•••
Write to DAN.com that you don't have a passport and if they can wire you the amount to your bank account.
Now I don't have a choice, but to choose wire transfer. I'm waiting for monday. Thank you :xf.smile:

•••
•••
People commenting on the thread don't seem to get what the OP is talking about.

He doesn't have a problem with the verification requirements. The issue is that DAN did not allow him to verify his kyc details from the onset.

He was explicit about the documents he had available to him.

This thread would not exist if they'd let him verify, or try to verify, his details from the beginning. That way, he'd have moved on if his credentials were rejected.

But DAN made it compulsory to have a pending payout before he could be allowed to verify his kyc details.

That is Dan's fault.

Anyway, @youaintme consider using the Payoneer option. Payoneer allows you to request for a debit card after you've received a minimum of (I think) $2k.

That should solve your Forex problems.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back