IT.COM

Domain Buyer's Payment Issues with Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
So to cut the long story short, I just completed an outbound sale earlier today through Paypal because my enduser wasnt able to make payment with his card at DAN.com few days ago and went silent, so I followed up and he mentioned about the "payment issue, and he'll try another card next morning or check with his bank". I had imported this lead into their (Dan's) system.

Have you had similar experience with Dan.com where you had almost lost a domain sale, or were on the verge of losing a sale but saved it somehow?

Just to highlight, I had 8-9 various buyer offers on different domain names at Dan, which disappeared or went silent a month and a half ago, so I have decided to switch platforms and shifted base to EFTY earlier this week.

UPDATED:

Here are some proofs for you regarding payment failures at DAN.com:

fullsizeoutput_a6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ad.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_af.jpeg

If it was one-off instance that I have mentioned or have been complaining about, and DAN is religiously refuting, I would have gone my way but when more than one person complains, there must be something wrong.. think about from a business point of view and do as you please!

This is the thread where you voice it out and let 'em know that they (Dan.com) are losing the game!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I had a serious buyer for a domain for $1450 and for 2 weeks he couldnt pay and he thought it was a problem with his bank. After 2 weeks I told DAN to cancel the deal, then I received his info. I contacted him just to see what happened. And then I told him, alright lets try somewhere else.
Tried Sedo and the payment was instantly processed. I don't know what was the problem but he couldn't use his card on DAN.

Other than that I love DAN. And never had any problem with them

Last edited:
•••
Hi Soofi,

We handle thousands of payments a month successfully and use Adyen as payment gateway to ensure payments are accepted easily. The biggest added value of us using Adyen is that we can offer almost all locally preferred payment sources to DAN buyers. This decreases payment friction significantly.

Adyen is used by Facebook, Ebay and Google for payment collection so they know how to handle collecting payments.

When handling thousands of payments every month, I’m not surprised that once in a while some buyers for whatever reason might bump into issues.

When issues do arise and we reject a payment, we’ve got automated notifications in place to guide buyers to our support and resolve the issue by actively assisting them.

To conclude, there’s no payment issue at DAN.

Every single marketplace that collects payments also rejects some for various reasons. We use the best of the best payment processors which work on an invite only basis to ensure an as smooth as possible purchase experience.

In my opinion, you shouldn’t and didn’t have to create this defamatory thread which hurts our brand for no good reason.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Yes same issue happened with me.
Buyer was agreed to pay $2990 for one of domain and actually he tried 2 times on buy now button from Dan.com landing page.
Dan.com declined their payment and next day their both cards were blocked by their bank.
Now deal has been cold for forever, because it was outbound, now buyer has an trust issue.

•••
Hi Soofi,

We handle thousands of payments a month successfully and use Adyen as payment gateway to ensure payments are accepted easily. The biggest added value of us using Adyen is that we can offer almost all locally preferred payment sources to DAN buyers. This decreases payment friction significantly.

Adyen is used by Facebook, Ebay and Google for payment collection so they know how to handle collecting payments.

When handling thousands of payments every month, I’m not surprised that once in a while some buyers for whatever reason might bump into issues.

When issues do arise and we reject a payment, we’ve got automated notifications in place to guide buyers to our support and resolve the issue by actively assisting them.

Every single marketplace that collects payments also rejects some for various reasons. We use the best of the best payment processors which work on an invite only basis to ensure an as smooth as possible purchase experience.

In my opinion, you shouldn’t and didn’t have to create this defamatory thread which hurts our brand for no good reason.

Kind regards,

Reza

I'm not sure this is entirely true. I've heard compliant from a lot of domain investors regarding clients' payment with DAN, especially when such client is using American Express. I urge you to look into this post objectively and see if there is actually an issue and how it can be fixed.

FYI: I also lost a sale due to this.

•••
Hi Soofi,

Kind regards,

Reza

believe me, we don't care which technology or platform you use for payment, " if on ground reality our buyer is not able to pay" That's it.

•••
Hi Soofi,

Kind regards,

Reza
I knw you would not agree to payment issues even if all investors prove there is one . Your competitors are taking your clients already. Still have my names pointed to Dan, with time I will decide on what to do

Last edited:
•••
I hope maybe theres notification for us as seller, if theres any buyer was trying to buy the domains, but payment declined many times. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR we can actually put notes on our landing page, in case you find some difficulties,contact my email. Seller maybe will respond faster than dan customer service. Just an idea

•••
I hope maybe theres notification for us as seller, if theres any buyer was trying to buy the domains, but payment declined many times. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR we can actually put notes on our landing page, in case you find some difficulties,contact my email. Seller maybe will respond faster than dan customer service. Just an idea
That's a good idea. Hope they implement that. If dan decides to take forever in attending to incoming chats, there should be a way to contact me directly. I am available 24/7, even on weekends

Last edited:
•••
if you have a Visa Debit credit card or a D Mastercard , D AMEX it doesn’t matter – online payment processors will treat it as a pure credit card and may decline it.

If you live in another country and your CC origin is f.e. US, sometimes that can be issue. You’ll need to call / contact y bank and ask for offline authorization (confirming purchase).

Last edited:
•••
@Reza please take it very seriously, i have seen there are many sellers planning to switch from Dan.com, and some already did, and i am also one of them.
You accept it or not, but it is true.

•••
Every single marketplace that collects payments also rejects some for various reasons

True. For one of my domain names, Sedo rejected the payment. And I re-directed the buyer to DAN.com and the payment was processed successfully at DAN.com

•••
I'm not sure this is entirely true. I've heard compliant from a lot of domain investors regarding clients' payment with DAN, especially when such client is using American Express. I urge you to look into this post objectively and see if there is actually an issue and how it can be fixed.

FYI: I also lost a sale due to this.

AFAIK AMEX is not accepted at Dan.

•••
For one of my domain names, Sedo rejected the payment. And I re-directed the buyer to DAN.com and the payment was processed successfully at DAN.com
Rejected during Card verification OR just this payment option was't provided to the buyer?
Some countries/territories are banned by Sedo, so CC for buyers from such countries can be enabled only per individual request to Sedo Security Team...
+ CC/PayPal are limited to $5K on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Rejected during Card verification OR just this payment option was't provided to the buyer?
Some countries/territories are banned by Sedo, so CC for buyers from such countries can be enabled only per individual request to Sedo Security Team...
+ CC/PayPal are limited to $5K on Sedo.

Rejected during card verification.

•••
Rejected during card verification.
Thanks.
I heard 1 or 2 times about the failed verifications on Sedo from my friends.
Regarding my own experience on Sedo - 0 such cases.

•••
I recently lost a sale on Dan base on this same complaints though a small one, the buyer reached out to me about payment error and I complained to Laszlo but he claimed the buyer didn't attempt the payment.
I love Dan and most of my sales are done through their platform.
Another area am not really pleased with, is online chat, I think online chat is for quick resolution for clients who run in to problem or who needs urgent attention. Dan customer reps are horrible in replying online chat, it takes more than 24 hours before answering a simple query
@Reza should not take this complaints lightly, It my be a unique selling point for their competitors

Last edited:
•••

I had to create, not really defamatory but a suggestive/feedback thread, because I am not alone in this..

If it was one-off, I'd let it slide but after experiencing it personally, I have had multiple, not just one but multiple people point out that same concern regarding payments to which you have come out in all the more defensive-mode, rather than trying to figure and fix it.

Not that its any of our concern whether you become developed or stay underdeveloped from the undeveloped days, but since we have used and were using your platform + services, and have every right to voice our opinion, feedback and concerns faced with, at your platform.

Now, its a different story altogether that you have been and will continue to deny or be defensive about the fact that there are issues with your payment processing process at Dan.com platform.

Wish you the best with your platform!

•••
Am currently facing the same problem. Buyer contacted me about it because Dan didn't respond to him. When I lay a complain to Dan it took 32 hours before I got response.

I've made up mind that if I lose this client because of Dan payment issue, another marketplace will get a new customer.

•••
Am currently facing the same problem. Buyer contacted me about it because Dan didn't respond to him. When I lay a complain to Dan it took 32 hours before I got response.

I've made up mind that if I lose this client because of Dan payment issue, another marketplace will get a new customer.

and than sir Reza says there is no need to give them feedback as there’s nothing wrong with them or their platform!! Smh

•••
I knw you would not agree to payment issues even if all investors prove there is one . Your competitors are taking your clients already. Still have my names pointed to Dan, with time I will decide on what to do

Hi Haykay,

We're growing bigger every day and just closed a big financing round to double down on our product development and to continue our growth path.

I see no seller that actually sells domains with us leaving and we just see the marketplace becoming bigger and bigger each month. We currently process and successfully capture $2M in domain sales a month, these are all fully processed payments. Less than 5% of all payment attempts are rejected and these include scammers, fraudsters, no balance payments, reject payment due to card limits etc.

The reason why we're growing fast is because we know what we're doing and are data driven instead of basing decisions on gut feelings or anything like that.

The moment we start changing our strategy and focusing our energy on items that are not relevant will be the moment that DAN will turn into an Afternic or Sedo. And that's not something I'm allowing to happen.

As mentioned before, we use the identical payment processor that Uber, AirBnB, Ebay and Google use.

The implementation of that payment gateway is identical in our setup and so when users like Soofi and you Haykay keep repeating that there are issues, you will continue to say that a billion-dollar company: Adyen is not competent in securing payments. Which is not a conclusion you can make that easily as you do.

When processing so many payments, you will always have some cases where for whatever reason a buyer wasn't able to pay. Creating a thread to single those out is a terrible idea and only shifts the focus on the minority of purchase attempts that are unsuccessful. Therefore, I won't be active in this thread either after this post.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi Haykay,

We're growing bigger every day and just closed a big financing round to double down on our product development and to continue our growth path.

I see no seller that actually sells domains with us leaving and we just see the marketplace becoming bigger and bigger each month. We currently process and successfully capture $2M in domain sales a month, these are all fully processed payments. Less than 5% of all payment attempts are rejected and these include scammers, fraudsters, no balance payments, reject payment due to card limits etc.

The reason why we're growing fast is because we know what we're doing and are data driven instead of basing decisions on gut feelings or anything like that.

The moment we start changing our strategy and focusing our energy on items that are not relevant will be the moment that DAN will turn into an Afternic or Sedo. And that's not something I'm allowing to happen.

As mentioned before, we use the identical payment processor that Uber, AirBnB, Ebay and Google use.

The implementation of that payment gateway is identical in our setup and so when users like Soofi and you Haykay keep repeating that there are issues, you will continue to say that a billion-dollar company: Adyen is not competent in securing payments. Which is not a conclusion you can make that easily as you do.

When processing so many payments, you will always have some cases where for whatever reason a buyer wasn't able to pay. Creating a thread to single those out is a terrible idea and only shifts the focus on the minority of purchase attempts that are unsuccessful. Therefore, I won't be active in this thread either after this post.

Kind regards,

Reza
It is well

•••
...so when users like Soofi and you Haykay keep repeating that there are issues

Users like Soofi and Haykay contributed to your so-called-growth that you are proudly chest-thumping about right now, but again, you have your head stuck somewhere else.

I left, and plenty of others did too but you my friend, again will not accept that.. Fix your payment processing issues rather than repeating the same god-darn statements.

•••
I do use dan and haven't had any payment issues but i have heard a few people contacting me asking me the same question do i ever have any payment issues with DAN...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back