IT.COM

Domain ownership at Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webdomainhub

Established Member
Impact
I was trying to add a newly bought domain at dan.com just now but failed after multiple attempts. Reached out to dan.com but yet to receive a reply. I investigated the root cause and found out that someone else has already uploaded it into dan.com

My question is this. If everyone can just upload any domain onto the platform, then how can the buyer distinguised between a genuine owner or a fake one. Secondly, it will be frustrating and a hassle for real owners to list on the platform if the fake sellers have already uploaded them. Doesn't dan.com require some sort of ownership verification before domains can be uploaded?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK, thanks. I meant the later.
Just that, my afternic dashboard says 37 domains in my portfolio(which is correct), but on clicking my portfolio, only 17 domains are present.

•••
If your "portfolio" is to mean "Registrar account", then yes, definitely.

If you mean "portfolio" like "domains I've listed on DAN or other sites" then it could just mean that someone else loaded them to the same site and they auto-deleted your listing. if so, contact the site admin.

OK, thanks. I meant the later.
Just that, my afternic dashboard says 37 domains in my portfolio(which is correct), but on clicking my portfolio, only 17 is present.

•••
I was trying to add a newly bought domain at dan.com just now but failed after multiple attempts. Reached out to dan.com but yet to receive a reply. I investigated the root cause and found out that someone else has already uploaded it into dan.com

My question is this. If everyone can just upload any domain onto the platform, then how can the buyer distinguised between a genuine owner or a fake one. Secondly, it will be frustrating and a hassle for real owners to list on the platform if the fake sellers have already uploaded them. Doesn't dan.com require some sort of ownership verification before domains can be uploaded?

They are the worst!!!
Some scammer is selling my domain name!!!
I contacted them thinking they'd erase his account...nope!!!
I have to provide more info to prove im the owner!!!
Dummies...just put the domain in and go to the parking page!!! Its not his account!!

•••
They are the worst!!!
Some scammer is selling my domain name!!!
I contacted them thinking they'd erase his account...nope!!!
I have to provide more info to prove im the owner!!!
Dummies...just put the domain in and go to the parking page!!! Its not his account!!
It is not a scammer.
Just another domainer (or domain company) prior you (previous registrant)...
This problem is everywhere (Sedo, Afternic, Uni etc.)... too hard task for those domainers to clean their accounts after drop.

•••
No...you dont understand....
He bought the domain on sedo last week from me...then he immediately wanted a receipt with my signature...now his credit card has been denied by sedo...they are cancelling the transaction...but he is selling the domain anyways!!! He knows he doesn't own it...he is posing as the owner.
I checked some of his other domains for sale are registered to someone else.
SCAM ALERT

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back