IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Not sure if you're aware already or working on something in the background but landing pages still slow. Timed it again, it's about 9.5 seconds.
Hi there,

I hope you are doing well.

Currently, all systems are up and running at optimum capacity, we are not having any issues with loading speeds.

Kind regards,

•••

periodontaLsystemicevaLuationcenter.com​

Listed but not registered.
And our old character
https://dan.com/domain-seller/658f2...6?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=24800

域名卖家​

Mega accounts with the bro’s characters
Wont let me break the link on mobile.
I’ll get a Np slap for that. To bad fix your forum so its mobile friendly really hope this helps
Hi there,

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, we will validate the seller and ensure their portfolio is updated.

Kind regards,

•••
Someone has listed Ordinals dot com on DAN:

https://dan.com/buy-domain/ordinals.com

But it's most likely a fake listing because this is a website that's currently in use.

With "ordinals" being a hot term right now and the website acting as a hub for all things related to it, I really doubt the rightful owner would even think of selling the domain.

So to avoid a bad experience for potential buyers, DAN should ask this Howard Hoffman (and I bet this isn't the seller's real name) for proof of domain ownership and remove it if they fail to provide it.

Show attachment 231942
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We will validate the seller and make sure it's updated.

Kind regards,

•••
Hi there,
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

I have bought a domain last week with GoDaddy. Can I put it for sale on Dan today ( in case of sale use Transfer method push, as it's same compay) or should I wait for 60days ?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Although I've left names on the Dan marketplace with make offer activated, it seems we are unable to respond to offers with anything other than numbers.

This is not acceptable. A person can communicate with a seller after an offer has been entered but the seller can not respond. In the past I've been able to be cordial with a potential buyer.

•••
Although I've left names on the Dan marketplace with make offer activated, it seems we are unable to respond to offers with anything other than numbers.

This is not acceptable. A person can communicate with a seller after an offer has been entered but the seller can not respond. In the past I've been able to be cordial with a potential buyer.
This is exactly why I've asked (multiple times) for a "Contact Seller" button. There really needs to be a better way to interact with the buyer. That communication helps to nudge an inquiry into a sale.

•••
This is exactly why I've asked (multiple times) for a "Contact Seller" button. There really needs to be a better way to interact with the buyer. That communication helps to nudge an inquiry into a sale.
What is extra irritating is the fact they show the 'message' box but it is unusable.

How can the person making an offer continue to send me messages with statements and questions I cant answer?!?

It makes me look callous/cold/unprofessional when I can not even answer basic questions. The Dan/Daddy overlords can see all the communications (if they are worried they might lose a commission to an end run). It might even help them to let communications occur so the 'broker' staff can see how it is done.

Last edited:
•••
Hi there,
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

I have bought a domain last week with GoDaddy. Can I put it for sale on Dan today ( in case of sale use Transfer method push, as it's same compay) or should I wait for 60days ?

Thanks
Hi there,

Of course, you can list your domains as soon as you have control over the domain.

We facilitate domain pushes.

Kind regards,

•••
Hi there,

Of course, you can list your domains as soon as you have control over the domain.

We facilitate domain pushes.

Kind regards,
Already listed it

Kind regards

•••
Is it possible to have a public profile without having your domains listed? It's either have a public profile with/without being linked to it from sales pages, with all domains listed, or don't have a public profile at all.

dan-public-profile.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I found multiple listings on Afternic that were unregistered domains, being offered for $1000s of dollars. My hope was that Dan was doing better at this point. On a spot check of one keyword search 60% of the domains were unregistered, and some were up for sale for thousands of dollars. When I checked a registrar site, they were available for less than $10. So, now I am very concerned that DAN is helping to perpetrate fraud on a massive scale with fraudulent seller listings.

If so, please do the mandatory verification steps, DAN. It really is very unbecoming of any of these marketplaces to have suckers paying large amounts for domains that they could simply otherwise register at a registrar for perhaps $20 or less. Do you really want to allow your fraudulent sellers to take advantage of some unsuspecting customers?

Last edited:
•••
Where is the trusted seller badge? What page can it be found on?
Good morning Dane,

It cannot be found on a page. However, if you wish for this to get activated, you need to go to your general settings and enable it through the meet the seller boxes.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Someone has listed Ordinals dot com on DAN:

https://dan.com/buy-domain/ordinals.com

But it's most likely a fake listing because this is a website that's currently in use.

With "ordinals" being a hot term right now and the website acting as a hub for all things related to it, I really doubt the rightful owner would even think of selling the domain.

So to avoid a bad experience for potential buyers, DAN should ask this Howard Hoffman (and I bet this isn't the seller's real name) for proof of domain ownership and remove it if they fail to provide it.

Show attachment 231942
Good morning,

Thank you for mentioning this to us.

This domain name has been listed with us for a very long time already. However, we will send out a message to the owner to be sure.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Not sure if you're aware already or working on something in the background but landing pages still slow. Timed it again, it's about 9.5 seconds.
Good morning @JB Lions,

Thank you for reporting this.

Have you contacted our support regarding this yet? When looking at the pages themselves they appear to be loading as expected and resolve instantly for me while using different browsers, devices, and networks.

•••
Is it possible to have a public profile without having your domains listed? It's either have a public profile with/without being linked to it from sales pages, with all domains listed, or don't have a public profile at all.

Show attachment 232293
Good morning @HotKey,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a public profile without having the domain names displayed in it.

Have a nice day ahead.

•••
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a public profile without having the domain names displayed in it.

Just to be sure, does this also mean you cannot display a Trusted Seller Badge without first having a Public Profile with all your domains displayed in it?

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know if Dan has a bigger distribution network than Afternic ?

•••
Just to be sure, does this also mean you cannot display a Trusted Seller Badge without first having a Public Profile with all your domains displayed in it?
Good morning @DomainRecap,

This is not required. In the privacy section of your general settings, you are able to disable your public profile. The meet the seller box only is allocated to the landing pages. It only requires you to enable the "meet the seller" functionality, which will only display information on the landing page itself.

Have a nice week.

•••
I personally have also had terrible experiences with Dan's support team.

They have their European team handling US inquiries so you have to wake up early in the US to get that team on the phone & can't get anything done on Fridays.
When you wake up early to call or chat they refuse to transfer you to their payment verification or transfer team, and you are unable to contact any team members who can actually assist with transferring your domain via live chat or email.

They charged $100s/$1000s of dollars in support fees, and it takes me WEEKS to get anything transferred properly with them.

High fees and garbage support

•••
They charged $100s/$1000s of dollars in support fees, and it takes me WEEKS to get anything transferred properly with them.
Wut? DAN doesn't charge any fees for support

Domain transfers are done on the same day most of the time. Can take a few days in some cases. But I've never heard of any case where it takes weeks.

•••
It seems Afternic sales through Dan doesnt make sense. Waiting for the transfer to be initiated since friday but nothing has been done on it yet...
@LaszloSchenk and @DAN.COM kindly do something about this.

•••
It seems Afternic sales through Dan doesnt make sense. Waiting for the transfer to be initiated since friday but nothing has been done on it yet...
@LaszloSchenk and @DAN.COM kindly do something about this.
Good morning @massive1019,

Thank you for reporting this. It should not take this long as the Afternic sales in general get processed at our regular transfer speed.

Have you already contacted our support? If you have not, please make sure to do so while providing the domain name involved. We will make sure to identify the problem and tackle it promptly.

Have a great day!

•••
Thought I'd share a post to see if we get get some improvements on Dan and the godaddy/afternic integration.
So copying in @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk @GoDaddy @James Iles

We've been happy members of Dan for a number of years and service has been excellent. We've not been happy with takeover as it has resulted in a significant increase in commission - but are willing to see if GoDaddy/Afternic network opportunity can lead to better sales. Unfortunately we've decided not to integrate at the present time as it doesn't seem to work well with .uk domains. We have a few .coms but most of our portfolio (over 2000 domains are .uk).

Firstly our domains are priced up in GBP as we are mainly targeting the UK market. However if we integrate with GoDaddy/Afternic our domains are listed in dollars. So a £5000 buy now domain on dan is $5000 on godaddy/afternic - that is unworkable for us. Why can't the dan platform work out the equivalent dollar price across our portfolio?

Secondly there is a lack of visibility for .uk domains on the godaddy platform. The platform pushes all manner of extensions but .uk cannot be seen. Someone on the main uk domain forum said yesterday that a really top .uk domain he owned was not listed at all after he integrated his dan/godaddy account. Instead godaddy was offering a .life domain - and this on the GoDaddy United Kingdom section. When are Godaddy in the UK going to promote .uk domains?

Thirdly Godaddy United Kingdom have for some time been producing incorrect whois results when a prospective customer looks for a chosen domain. For example I just typed in carinsurance and it shows car-insurance.co.uk as a free to reg domain - similarly if you type creditcards it shows credit-cards.co.uk as free to reg. Both of these are not free to reg - they were registered long ago. It makes me wonder if there are other errors. In that respect someone on the uk domain forum today stated that godaddy were showing that restrictions apply to .uk domains. So I just typed in creditcards-online.uk and it does show *Restrictions Apply ? and a lot of out of date information about .uk domains appears which can't help uk domainers sell their domains.

So I think Godaddy in the United Kingdom need to look at these issues and once whois results and .uk information is corrected and the right prominence given to .uk domains then I think it might be worth integrating - at least we would then get some extra coverage across the godaddy/afternic network. I do hope things can be improved for us here in the UK - in any event Godaddy will need to correct the errors being shown on their United Kingdom platform.

If any other dan customers would like to comment that might help get things resolved. Thanks.

•••
Thought I'd share a post to see if we get get some improvements on Dan and the godaddy/afternic integration.
So copying in @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk @GoDaddy @James Iles

We've been happy members of Dan for a number of years and service has been excellent. We've not been happy with takeover as it has resulted in a significant increase in commission - but are willing to see if GoDaddy/Afternic network opportunity can lead to better sales. Unfortunately we've decided not to integrate at the present time as it doesn't seem to work well with .uk domains. We have a few .coms but most of our portfolio (over 2000 domains are .uk).

Firstly our domains are priced up in GBP as we are mainly targeting the UK market. However if we integrate with GoDaddy/Afternic our domains are listed in dollars. So a £5000 buy now domain on dan is $5000 on godaddy/afternic - that is unworkable for us. Why can't the dan platform work out the equivalent dollar price across our portfolio?

Secondly there is a lack of visibility for .uk domains on the godaddy platform. The platform pushes all manner of extensions but .uk cannot be seen. Someone on the main uk domain forum said yesterday that a really top .uk domain he owned was not listed at all after he integrated his dan/godaddy account. Instead godaddy was offering a .life domain - and this on the GoDaddy United Kingdom section. When are Godaddy in the UK going to promote .uk domains?

Thirdly Godaddy United Kingdom have for some time been producing incorrect whois results when a prospective customer looks for a chosen domain. For example I just typed in carinsurance and it shows car-insurance.co.uk as a free to reg domain - similarly if you type creditcards it shows credit-cards.co.uk as free to reg. Both of these are not free to reg - they were registered long ago. It makes me wonder if there are other errors. In that respect someone on the uk domain forum today stated that godaddy were showing that restrictions apply to .uk domains. So I just typed in creditcards-online.uk and it does show *Restrictions Apply ? and a lot of out of date information about .uk domains appears which can't help uk domainers sell their domains.

So I think Godaddy in the United Kingdom need to look at these issues and once whois results and .uk information is corrected and the right prominence given to .uk domains then I think it might be worth integrating - at least we would then get some extra coverage across the godaddy/afternic network. I do hope things can be improved for us here in the UK - in any event Godaddy will need to correct the errors being shown on their United Kingdom platform.

If any other dan customers would like to comment that might help get things resolved. Thanks.
Hi @NigelD,

Thank you for your message and feedback. It is highly appreciated.

We currently offer a solution to the currency problem that you are experiencing having to deal with currency differences. By selecting all domain names in your My Domains section through the checker boxes, a toolbar will show at the bottom of your screen. Select distribution and click on the calculator that shows. This allows you to increase your Afternic prices by X percent to ensure you can increase the prices to cover the difference in currencies.

In addition, we have made sure to relay your feedback regarding GoDaddy for review and inspection.

All the best,

•••
This allows you to increase your Afternic prices by X percent to ensure you can increase the prices to cover the difference in currencies.
Hi @LaszloSchenk

It's not allowed according to Afternic ToS to maintain different pricing like this, so this is not a solution.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...ive-feb-1st-2023.1292012/page-36#post-8830686

https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...ive-feb-1st-2023.1292012/page-37#post-8831447

https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...ive-feb-1st-2023.1292012/page-37#post-8831517

and subsequent posts in the same thread, and on Twitter.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back