Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought so too until I went to Afternic and GoDaddy and searched for a bunch of my names.
i checked for mine, they are showing

•••
@BRANDERX Yikes... I had removed my names from Afternic and then turned on the Distribution Network from within my Dan account. Thanks to your post, I just discovered that many of my names within Dan with an Afternic status of "Active listing" are actually NOT listed on Afternic (or on GoDaddy). That's not good.

@LaszloSchenk or @James Iles - What's up with that? And how can it be corrected?
Yes, "Active listing" on Dan's dashboard, not listed in reality. Weird...

•••
•••
Yes, "Active listing" on Dan's dashboard, not listed in reality. Weird...
the problem you are experiencing is not system wide. there may be a problem with your account at dan or afternic.

•••
@BRANDERX Yikes... I had removed my names from Afternic and then turned on the Distribution Network from within my Dan account. Thanks to your post, I just discovered that many of my names within Dan with an Afternic status of "Active listing" are actually NOT listed on Afternic (or on GoDaddy). That's not good.

@LaszloSchenk or @James Iles - What's up with that? And how can it be corrected?
Good morning Dane,

Thank you for your message.

This should not be the case. Could you make sure to contact our support straight away with some examples of domain names that are not resolving?

They will make sure to investigate and get it sorted where needed.

•••
Good morning Dane,

Thank you for your message.

This should not be the case. Could you make sure to contact our support straight away with some examples of domain names that are not resolving?

They will make sure to investigate and get it sorted where needed.

@Dane I contacted them, waiting for a reply.

Will update accordingly..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anyone else unable to login !? Just get a message saying retry later !?

•••
Anyone else unable to login !? Just get a message saying retry later !?

No problem for me

Last edited:
•••
@Dane I contacted them, waiting for a reply.

Will update accordingly..
More problems with the names in my Dan account that are part of the Distribution Network: there's a long list of names that show a status of "Already Listed (Listing Failure)." The problem is that they are NOT listed in my Afternic account because I deleted every name from there. So I checked with Dan support and they said I need to verify I own the names since the names are with another registrar. But guess what? They're not. They're with GoDaddy. And, they were all in my Afternic account until I deleted them last week. Clearly this Dan / Afternic integration is not fully baked.

•••
More problems with the names in my Dan account that are part of the Distribution Network: there's a long list of names that show a status of "Already Listed (Listing Failure)." The problem is that they are NOT listed in my Afternic account because I deleted every name from there. So I checked with Dan support and they said I need to verify I own the names since the names are with another registrar. But guess what? They're not. They're with GoDaddy. And, they were all in my Afternic account until I deleted them last week. Clearly this Dan / Afternic integration is not fully baked.
Dear @Dane,

We have informed all users that if you already have domain names listed with Afternic, it is strongly recommended not to delete any of these names in order to integrate through Dan. Backend updates are done several times a day and as both platforms backends have to communicate in order to integrate inventory it could result in situations where domain names are shown with the status "Already listed". If you do decide to remove them from Afternic and see this status, all you have to do is add one of your ownership verification records to it and our team can initiate the migration process on Afternic's end in order to get it sorted.

All the best,

•••
•••
Dear @Dane,

We have informed all users that if you already have domain names listed with Afternic, it is strongly recommended not to delete any of these names in order to integrate through Dan. Backend updates are done several times a day and as both platforms backends have to communicate in order to integrate inventory it could result in situations where domain names are shown with the status "Already listed". If you do decide to remove them from Afternic and see this status, all you have to do is add one of your ownership verification records to it and our team can initiate the migration process on Afternic's end in order to get it sorted.

All the best,
Thanks @LaszloSchenk, but I was informed differently. I asked someone before deleting the names from Afternic and was told: "If the domain is already listed on Afternic and they want to use Dan, it’s not possible to enable DLS listing via Dan, because our system will return the “already listed” portfolio status. Therefore, they indeed first need to remove their domains from Afternic, and then enable DLS in their Dan portfolio."

Also, the Dan website says "Please note that if you already have your domains listed on Afternic, those listings will take precedence, and the Dan integration listing will be ignored by Afternic." If it had said "it is strongly recommended not to delete any of these names in order to integrate through Dan" I would not have done it.

Oh well.

•••
Thanks @LaszloSchenk, but I was informed differently. I asked someone before deleting the names from Afternic and was told: "If the domain is already listed on Afternic and they want to use Dan, it’s not possible to enable DLS listing via Dan, because our system will return the “already listed” portfolio status. Therefore, they indeed first need to remove their domains from Afternic, and then enable DLS in their Dan portfolio."

Also, the Dan website says "Please note that if you already have your domains listed on Afternic, those listings will take precedence, and the Dan integration listing will be ignored by Afternic." If it had said "it is strongly recommended not to delete any of these names in order to integrate through Dan" I would not have done it.

Oh well.
Good morning @Dane,

I am sorry if this was not clear enough. Our support will ask act on any inquiry stating a domain is marked as Already Listed which indeed requires the deletion of formerly listed domains, assuming they are in other sellers accounts at Afternic.

Have you already contact our support desk to get the missing domain names sorted?

•••
Good morning @Dane,

I am sorry if this was not clear enough. Our support will ask act on any inquiry stating a domain is marked as Already Listed which indeed requires the deletion of formerly listed domains, assuming they are in other sellers accounts at Afternic.

Have you already contact our support desk to get the missing domain names sorted?
Yes, I'm in contact with support. But I decided to start fresh, so I turned off the Dist Network integration within Dan yesterday. Today I turned it back on. The good news is the "Already Listed" status is gone, all names now say either "Active listing" or "Pending listing." The bad news is that the names are not listed on Afternic/GoDaddy, not even the Active listing names. I've given it some time but they're still not there. I give up. Not sure what I'll do now.

EDIT - I thought it would be easier to stick with just one interface (Dan) but it's proving to be too frustrating... so I've decided to just go back to using Afternic directly.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know how this is being done? I added a bunch of names directly to Afternic but left them unpriced for now (so it just says Make Offer). I'm now receiving Price Request email messages from Afternic on a handful of names that I added. How is this being done? How are people requesting prices when all that's there is Make Offer? And why are they *able* to request a price when it says Make Offer? Anyone know?

•••
@DAN.COM hello, can i list domains with make offer landers and force buyer to pay for the domain via bitcoin to my personal wallet?
I can pay 25% fees (for successful deal) to Dan bitcoin wallet.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know how this is being done? I added a bunch of names directly to Afternic but left them unpriced for now (so it just says Make Offer). I'm now receiving Price Request email messages from Afternic on a handful of names that I added. How is this being done? How are people requesting prices when all that's there is Make Offer? And why are they *able* to request a price when it says Make Offer? Anyone know?
I found the answer to my question, at least for one of the Price Request cases. I'm posting it here in case it helps someone else.

It turns out that someone made a $45 offer on one of my names that is obviously worth much more than $45. The offer went to an an unknown Afternic rep who then sent me a Price Request email since they knew $45 was a silly offer. So the buyer did NOT request the price, the Afternic rep did. That explains it.

•••
@DAN.COM hello, can i list domains with make offer landers and force buyer to pay for the domain via bitcoin to my personal wallet?
I can pay 25% fees (for successful deal) to Dan bitcoin wallet.
Good morning @ReallyBigIdea.com,

You cannot force buyers to pay with BTC. However, if enabled and verified in your account you are able to get a BTC payout up to $50,000.

All the best,

•••

You cannot force buyers to pay with BTC. However, if enabled and verified in your account you are able to get a BTC payout up to $50,000.

All the best,
The requirement of 5 successful deals was canceled? Cryptocurrencies are anonymous why do you want verified?

•••
Hello @LaszloSchenk how much fee will be charged for Afternic's Distribution Network after February 1, 2023, is it 15% or 20% ?

-Edit-
Just received email from Dan regarding my question. Solved!

Screenshot_20230125_221127.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The requirement of 5 successful deals was canceled? Cryptocurrencies are anonymous why do you want verified?

The processes are still applied in full. However, there are increased rules and regulations involving BTC payments or payouts. As a company you have to abide by them in order to be able to process any BTC payment. This is why the KYC is required.

Best regards,

•••
Edit

Last edited:
•••
Received another email from dan saying they advise to enable afternic, but it's not possible to add the afternic price on the csv import, please understand that's important as lander market is different than afternic market...

•••
@Dan

I was trying to turn buy now listings into make offer in bulk but It doesn't work

I was trying the filter and selected pricing, then buy now off then apply but nothing changes

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back