Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh looky this morning they changed the setting again and relisted on Afternic. Is this going to happen every morning?

•••
Oh looky this morning they changed the setting again and relisted on Afternic. Is this going to happen every morning?
It's getting a bit annoying indeed. Why is the option even there if DAN.com changes it every time without us having any influence on it?

Last edited:
•••
Support said it’s a bug and they will fix it.

•••

Same here, I had to opt-out again. Let's hope they fixed it!

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk howdy... this afternic network I nevr saw more confusing since my day of birth... can u plz explain 100percent cearly all options.. all possible settings and what happens for each. as example I removed all my afternic names... and put bins on dan everywhere... kept makeoffr too... now I went to gd auctions and my names show as make offer only ... 20usd min...no bin... what is the logic behind this? ty

•••
There are now OpenResty errors constantly, and also other errors.

The DAN.com website is terribly slow.

Show attachment 234010

1679239498065.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have not seen this error, but someone just reported this on one of my domains.
I am not able to replicate it.
Thanks for reporting this as well, Brad. It must be a capacity problem at Dan.com. There was an upgrade of the infra last week (see Dan.com product update #8 on Medium), but some finetuning is still needed. Imagine that a buyer is in the checkout process and gets this OpenResty error. Poof.

https://dancom.medium.com/dan-com-product-update-8-87aef5d586dc

Screenshot_20230319_234519_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for reporting this as well, Brad. It must be a capacity problem at Dan.com. There was an upgrade of the infra last week (see Dan newsletter on Medium), but some finetuning is still needed. Imagine that a buyer is in the checkout process and gets this OpenResty error. Poof.

Yeah, that is a pretty bad look for "A GoDaddy Brand".

Brad

•••
@LaszloSchenk @GoDaddy

Please pay attention to above mentioned capacity problem as soon as possible. Thanks a lot.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just searched a bunch of my Dan listed names on GoDaddy, & they're not showing up in the search. I'm not even surprised. Has happened before & will continue to happen.

The names are showing up on other registrars in the Afternic network just fine.

I mean you guys are the same company, how can you allow such things to happen?

You're making my life difficult, I'm not even gonna contact support.

Whatever..

•••
Lately, it looks like they need to wait for a whois info update to release the payment and I have some domains sold which they still have my whois, sold 8 years ago. When the comission was 9% they didn't needed a whois info update, at 15% they are now in the big league and they can wait days/weeks/months/years for a whois update until the payment is released. Also, customer service it's getting worse...so looks like godaddy started to change dan to fit their policy. We are just waiting for a godddy style 22 days average payment release.

•••
Just searched a bunch of my Dan listed names on GoDaddy, & they're not showing up in the search. I'm not even surprised. Has happened before & will continue to happen.
That's frustrating, and hopefully readily fixed by GoDaddy. After all, sales are connected to potential buyers putting in a search at GoDaddy for a domain name. You and DAN would likely not want to miss out on that lead opportunity.
I'm not even gonna contact support.
GoDaddy customer service appears to be fairly busy these days. Perhaps, it is still worth contacting them AND DAN, to see if you can have a speedy resolution to this issue. They may not be aware of the problem in general, and may need to do a tweak on their database connectivity.

•••
•••
Hi,

there's no currency symbol when domain is set to 'Make offer', or am I missing something?

1679408285797.png

•••
I think Dan should decide on either "Lease to Own" or "Lease to own", so it looks the same everywhere. I prefer "Lease to own" so it looks similar to "Buy now". I know it is a very small detail, but it has annoyed me for years now LOL, @LaszloSchenk.
Screenshot 2023-03-21 15.30.37.png

Last edited:
•••
If one puts a BIN of around $2400, the default lease to own period is 26 months. However, due to the increased markup that's a worse deal for the buyer than a period of 24 months. Buyers have to move the slider to get a deal that's better in all aspects. One can assume they'll feel they're being deceived when they notice it.

LTO periods of 13, 25/26 and 37/38/39 months shouldn't be offered at all, as these are always more expensive for the buyer than the preceding period.

1679420622670.png

1679420634471.png

Also, why not show LTO rates in the format $100 * n months instead of $100/month? That way it would be much clearer it's a purchase in installments rather than rent and it would also explain different monthly rates while the total price is the same.

1679420657222.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have tried to use the integration to update Afternic pricing via Dan and could not. It says "Already listed (listing failure)". Well sure it is already listed, isn't it supposed to replace the domain price with the higher one (from Dan)?

•••
I have tried to use the integration to update Afternic pricing via Dan and could not. It says "Already listed (listing failure)". Well sure it is already listed, isn't it supposed to replace the domain price with the higher one (from Dan)?
I also have a domain at Dan that says "Already listed (listing failure)" even though I have already reached out to Afternic and they have confirmed that the listing has been removed...

I have three other names that keep saying "Processing" after both Dan and Afternic support have been trying to solve the issue for weeks. It just doesn't work.

So this integration between Dan and Afternic could definitely improve.

•••
Hi,

there's no currency symbol when domain is set to 'Make offer', or am I missing something?

Show attachment 234248
Good morning @DotKing,

Prior to entering the offer the currency is written in text. For EUR landers it looks like this "My offer in EUR".

All the best,

•••
Good morning @DotKing,

Prior to entering the offer the currency is written in text. For EUR landers it looks like this "My offer in EUR".

All the best,
Hi @LaszloSchenk , this is how it looks with a blank field. Placeholder doesn't have "EUR", just "Make an offer"

1679470386261.png

•••
I think Dan should decide on either "Lease to Own" or "Lease to own", so it looks the same everywhere. I prefer "Lease to own" so it looks similar to "Buy now". I know it is a very small detail, but it has annoyed me for years now LOL, @LaszloSchenk. Show attachment 234251
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you for raising this. We completely agree and have made sure to relay this to our product team. It will be altered shortly!

Have a great day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back