IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, any news on this? Thanks
Dear Alexej K,

The Light version was released already. The Advanced version is launched but only available for corporate entities. The Medium version still is under development but we will make sure to notify you all once it is ready to be shipped.

Best regards,

•••
Subdomain traffic doesn't work even using your Hybrid lander.
Only root and www traffic is accepted by your configuration.

•••
Hello

I used DAN escrow service to close one of my sale finalized on NP & got paid for it today but to my surprise, the final amount received was short by $15. I had a quick word with them & they say any fees associated with your bank or an intermediary bank is covered by you. In this case, this $15 fee is either from your bank or an intermediary bank to process the payout.

I use transferwise borderless service to collect my payments & the transfer details clearly state Fee 0.00 USD.
Anyone else had a similar experience with DAN recently?

Just to add the deal was closed in USD & payment requested in US bank account.

ty

Last edited:
•••
Hello

I used DAN escrow service to close one of my sale finalized on NP & got paid for it today but to my surprise, the final amount received was short by $15. I had a quick word with them & they say any fees associated with your bank or an intermediary bank is covered by you. In this case, this $15 fee is either from your bank or an intermediary bank to process the payout.

I use transferwise borderless service to collect my payments & the transfer details clearly state Fee 0.00 USD.
Anyone else had a similar experience with DAN recently?

ty
Also just completed a transaction ($1785) using DAN escrow service.
The email notification does not reflect any bank charges. It reflects only the 5% deduction for their escrow service.
I'll crosscheck and update after receiving the money.

•••
Also just completed a transaction ($1785) using DAN escrow service.
The email notification does not reflect any bank charges. It reflects only the 5% deduction for their escrow service.
I'll crosscheck and update after receiving the money.

thanks, in my case the transfer window quoted the correct amount as well but the actual payment received in transferwise account was short.

•••
thanks, in my case the transfer window quoted the correct amount as well but the actual payment received in transferwise account was short.
It's normal. Some bank transfer charges can be up to $50 or more per transaction - depending on the country/bank, based on my experience with transfers from several other payment processors.

•••
It's normal. Some bank transfer charges can be up to $50 or more per transaction - depending on the country/bank, based on my experience with transfers from several other payment processors.

I understand that part but this was a USD to USD transfer & the transaction details listed on transferwise state fee as NIL.

•••
I have already raised a request with DAN, will update what they have to say on this.

•••
My recent IBAN-wire from DAN was in October.
I received it without additional fee, the same as in April.

•••
•••
•••
Recheck your Bank settings...
For US banks - US mode must be set on DAN.

•••
Recheck your Bank settings...
For US banks - US mode must be set on DAN.

Sorry are you referring to this

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 20.55.51.png

•••
My bank is in the same country as DAN so wires are instant.
It can be within 4-8 hours even if different countries.
If both banks are linked well.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Yes, it's been set at USA (international wire).
I use "Rest of World".
No additional fee for IBAN payouts to my bank.

•••
I use "Rest of World".
No additional fee for IBAN payouts to my bank.

I have received payments on my current settings in the past without being charged as well :)
Will wait for an update from DAN & post it here.

Ty

Last edited:
•••
It can be within 4-8 hours even if different countries.
If both banks are linked well.

Yeah,it depends on the time you make the wire if I'm not mistaking. Everything before a certain hour get processed the same day, within a certain timeframe.

I do a lot of business with Germany. It takes just a couple of hours if payments are processed before noon.

As for Dan, sometimes it takes a bit longer but I don't think I've ever had to wait for longer than 48 hours to receive my funds.

•••
Good morning,

@NameDeck, @aamyra @Jurgen Wolf, it fully depends on where the payout has to be made to if the bank requires an intermediary bank or not. We have received the inquiry several times before and always produced a payout statement showing the exact amount that was transferred out by us. No charges are made on our bank's end as we tend to incur all costs possible. However, if a payout is made outside the EU for example an intermediary bank is required. This due to the fact that the sending bank is located in the Netherlands.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning,

@NameDeck, @aamyra @Jurgen Wolf, it fully depends on where the payout has to be made to if the bank requires an intermediary bank or not. We have received the inquiry several times before and always produced a payout statement showing the exact amount that was transferred out by us. No charges are made on our bank's end as we tend to incur all costs possible. However, if a payout is made outside the EU for example an intermediary bank is required. This due to the fact that the sending bank is located in the Netherlands.

Best regards,

Morning,

This is what transferwise has to say

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 08.27.17.png

•••
Dear Alexej K,

The Light version was released already. The Advanced version is launched but only available for corporate entities. The Medium version still is under development but we will make sure to notify you all once it is ready to be shipped.

Best regards,

Hi Laszlo,

could you please explain what the Light version is and where I could find it? Is it available?

Thanks,

Al

•••
Last edited:
•••
1. I sold a domain for £3750, but it says $3750 received in my account. I'm not transferring the domain till I receive confirmation that this is a bug and full payment has been received in GBP.

2. I don't charge VAT on this domain sale but can DAN.com still charge VAT on the seller fee?

3. How long does it take for someone to reply on their site? putting '@ simon' (w/o the space) doesn't seems to work.

Last edited:
•••
@LucidDomains
It was already asked a few times regarding the proper indication of currencies on Dashboard and in Revenue reports... There always default currency regardless of your actual transactions.
This issue is cosmetic.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back