IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning,

That is correct, we do not provide ACH payouts yet. We are working on this and hope to release this option in the very near future. In addition, @UmerK is right as well. We do provide payouts through Payoneer but only to EU Payoneer accounts.

Have a great day!

•••
Good morning,

That is correct, we do not provide ACH payouts yet. We are working on this and hope to release this option in the very near future. In addition, @UmerK is right as well. We do provide payouts through Payoneer but only to EU Payoneer accounts.

Have a great day!
Great, alreadybused the Euro method. Looking forward to the ACH

•••
lost sale on dan cause no amex support on dan

apparently they got no amex cause easy charges ... and yet all or lost other markets have amex... how does this make sense ? @LaszloSchenk

Last edited:
•••
Hi Team,

Which price feed is used for determining the price of Bitcoin at time of payout? E.g. CoinMarketCap, Coinbase Pro, CoinGecko, Chainlink, etc.?

Much appreciated - always incredibly smooth transactions with prompt pay-outs. BTC as a pay-out option is truly innovative for the industry.

•••
lost sale on dan cause no amex support on dan

apparently they got no amex cause easy charges ... and yet all or lost other markets have amex... how does this make sense ? @LaszloSchenk
Alcy,

Not sure why this is mentioned structurally by you but I do believe you have known we do not accept AMEX for quite some time now. It has absolutely nothing to do with easy charges but I will yet explain it once again.

AMEX has an extremely low barrier for its users to chargeback their payment. I do not know how "all" other platforms do it but we tend to cover our sellers when such chargeback is made once the domain is delivered. However, if this number is becoming increasingly high we tend to scrape such payment options as we have to maintain a viable business. Instead, we have introduced and allowed many other options for our users. We even permit users to pay extremely high sums with credit cards and this flexibility comes with no additional costs.

Regards,

•••
Hi Team,

Which price feed is used for determining the price of Bitcoin at time of payout? E.g. CoinMarketCap, Coinbase Pro, CoinGecko, Chainlink, etc.?

Much appreciated - always incredibly smooth transactions with prompt pay-outs. BTC as a pay-out option is truly innovative for the industry.
Good morning Joshua,

Thank you for the inquiry.

We use the live rate of Blockchain.com at the time of processing the payout.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Alcy,

Not sure why this is mentioned structurally by you but I do believe you have known we do not accept AMEX for quite some time now. It has absolutely nothing to do with easy charges but I will yet explain it once again.

AMEX has an extremely low barrier for its users to chargeback their payment. I do not know how "all" other platforms do it but we tend to cover our sellers when such chargeback is made once the domain is delivered. However, if this number is becoming increasingly high we tend to scrape such payment options as we have to maintain a viable business. Instead, we have introduced and allowed many other options for our users. We even permit users to pay extremely high sums with credit cards and this flexibility comes with no additional costs.

Regards,

well as yer client I am unhappy to lose sales . as are 100s or 1000s of yer other clients who lose sales from yer lack of amex support. imo as service provider u should care about lost sales. especially when other markets accept it. then questions begin to arise for clients like why is amex so evil to u while it's perfectly usable to others.

is there something u can do or consider to allow amex? why deprive yerself and many clients of tons of sales.

ty

Last edited:
•••
Amex should not be used for aftermarket domain sales. First, it is more expensive to accept it. Second, they offer chargebacks with almost no questions asked. As a matter of fact... OK, should DAN finally open an own registrar someday - then, with the domain remaining within DAN control, such a thing may be considered imho. With an extra fee (paid by the seller?). And, with a clear understanding as to how to reverse everything should a chargeback happen.
The last but not the least, amex cards are frequently considered as somewhat elite cards, so the cardholder in most cases also has other cards in his wallet.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM Why don't you delete all the expired domains using automated tools? Don't you think we are going to loose credibility if someone happens to buy a expired name?

I didn't mean to compare with other marketplaces. Sedo deletes all the expired names if a seller forgets.

Last edited:
•••
Just want to report that the previously reversed payments are now safe in my account. Thanks!

•••
@DAN.COM

This is the perfect way to shy away a German buyer:

For any kind of German seller selling to any kind of German buyer
you don't want to "estimate" the VAT

upload_2020-11-15_10-14-56.png

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

This is the perfect way to shy away a German buyer:

For any kind of German seller selling to any kind of German buyer
you don't want to "estimate" the VAT

Show attachment 173668
I think they understand it but would something in that style help to solve your issue ?
As they can't know for sure if the buyer has to pay VAT or not, if they display it the way they currently do it's to not surprise them at checkout..
upload_2020-11-15_11-25-6.png

•••

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

1) Just to note - seems DAN.com doesn't allow the new Google Analytics 4 property code format (G-XXX...)

2) Any sales data on whether re-directing to DAN.com's internal marketplace landers fare better than using the standard lander (imagining so due to the live support button but just want to confirm)

•••
imagining so due to the live support button but just want to confirm
To bump on that, it's technically possible to add the support widget on all domains, but the limit would be with the cookies data (One cookie, one site making data shares between multiple domains limited, it has an impact here)
It could also be for another reason, something I realized is that many visitors are simply lost. Many people still don't know what a sale lander is. Adding the chat widget to some domains may bring them many extra contacts for only a small portion of potential buyers.
Happy to know the reason though

•••
I think they understand it but would something in that style help to solve your issue ?
As they can't know for sure if the buyer has to pay VAT or not, if they display it the way they currently do it's to not surprise them at checkout..
Show attachment 173675

they DO NEED to pay VAT in any case
when seller is a VAT registered Company from Germany as defined in DAN profile
and it will be EXACTLY 16% as for now

and Buyer is anybody from Germany

Asterix ( i ) and estimate
as well as explanations what A VAT is
( not how much THE Vat is )
shies buyers away

WHY NOT TETS IT, @DAN.COM
you test everything, right?

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM Why don't you delete all the expired domains using automated tools? Don't you think we are going to loose credibility if someone happens to buy a expired name?

I didn't mean to compare with other marketplaces. Sedo deletes all the expired names if a seller forgets.
Dear @DNGear

Thank you for your query.

I have relayed it to our product team. I do believe they already have it listed as a product improvement.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

1) Just to note - seems DAN.com doesn't allow the new Google Analytics 4 property code format (G-XXX...)

2) Any sales data on whether re-directing to DAN.com's internal marketplace landers fare better than using the standard lander (imagining so due to the live support button but just want to confirm)
Good morning @griff,

I have made sure to verify this with our product team and was given the notice that they are investigating the matter and will look for a solution to cover the new Google Analytics 4 property code format. I will make sure to notify you here once the updates have been implemented.

Also, the re-directing to our internal marketplace landers do convert better. I do not have the exact numbers but our account managers are operating our chat support continuously in order to close deals. All leads who still have remaining questions can have it tackled fairly instantly rather than having to submit an email or take the extra step to find chat support.

Have a great week.

•••
@DAN.COM

I've gathered some more features/suggestions and noticed some small bugs.

Features/suggestions
  • First of all it would be nice to create a global roadmap and set up a section on Dan.com where buyers and sellers can post and vote on upcoming features. So your customers know what's currently in the works and Dan.com gets a better understanding of what's important to their customers. It also prevends multiple requests for the same feature.
  • If the 'mininum offer' and 'buy now' amounts exactly match, don't show the 'make offer' button. It has no use and leads to friction.
  • I prefer of the old 'lease to own' box (really don't like the look of the new one). But the 'pay in installments' term contract isn't translated in my local language (Dutch), except for a few words, while the rest of the site is. That might seem a bit odd to potential buyers who want to pay in installments.
  • I would love the ability to add sale prices, and even better: sales prices with a countdown/end date. E.g. domainX.com $2497 -> $1497, offer ends in 5 days.
  • An option to bundle domains (with a discount) would be nice as well. E.g. the ability to sell car.com and cars.com in one sale.
  • Add a search filter for 'buy now listings' and 'make offer listings'
  • The info icon next to a domain name doesn't seem to have a real use, except for lowercasing it? But it takes up a prime spot on the page.

After quite some deliberations I've chosen to show prices including VAT. One reason is that because in search prices are shown without VAT. Which leads to an unexpected price increase for a potential customer.
  • On the domain page if a price is shown excluding VAT, the approximate VAT amount is shown. But the opposite isn't true. If the price is shown including VAT, that's not mentioned at all (anywhere). An idea might be to show it like in the attached screenshot, where it's calculated including VAT.
  • Also imo in the search results the price should be the total price for a consumer. Right now prices are mixed between those with and without VAT.
  • In the screenshot there are also some idea's you might AB-test to improve conversions like showing payments options (obviously related to the language/country), adding USP's, and removing the dot in the price for amounts over 1K.
Small bugs
  • If you don't fill in a phone number on the detail page the following error appears: "translation missing: nl-nl.activemodel.errors.models.checkout.attributes.phone.phone"
  • The info icon next to VAT on the details page is cut off when you hover over it.
The payment detail page could also use improvement, but I'll leave that for another post. :)

dan-including-vat-price-usp.png

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk
How do I initiate a cashout after a successful domain sales on the dan market place.

•••
Good morning @griff,

I have made sure to verify this with our product team and was given the notice that they are investigating the matter and will look for a solution to cover the new Google Analytics 4 property code format. I will make sure to notify you here once the updates have been implemented.

Also, the re-directing to our internal marketplace landers do convert better. I do not have the exact numbers but our account managers are operating our chat support continuously in order to close deals. All leads who still have remaining questions can have it tackled fairly instantly rather than having to submit an email or take the extra step to find chat support.

Have a great week.

why no numbers regarding directing to marketplace landers vs url lander?
you say your account managers are operating your chat support continuously in order to close deals. You have 24 hour chat support now

•••
Any chance of bitcoin checkout in future, I understand it is volatile, but there are ways to hedge this?

•••
Anyone gets a message like your domain is sold before payment?

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk
How do I initiate a cashout after a successful domain sales on the dan market place.
Make sure your payment details are filled correctly under settings. You will have to choose between PayPal, Wire or BTC. But if you already had that done before the sale, Dan will payout automatically once you are done with the domain transfer

•••
@DAN.COM

I've gathered some more features/suggestions and noticed some small bugs.

Features/suggestions
  • First of all it would be nice to create a global roadmap and set up a section on Dan.com where buyers and sellers can post and vote on upcoming features. So your customers know what's currently in the works and Dan.com gets a better understanding of what's important to their customers. It also prevends multiple requests for the same feature.
  • If the 'mininum offer' and 'buy now' amounts exactly match, don't show the 'make offer' button. It has no use and leads to friction.
  • I prefer of the old 'lease to own' box (really don't like the look of the new one). But the 'pay in installments' term contract isn't translated in my local language (Dutch), except for a few words, while the rest of the site is. That might seem a bit odd to potential buyers who want to pay in installments.
  • I would love the ability to add sale prices, and even better: sales prices with a countdown/end date. E.g. domainX.com $2497 -> $1497, offer ends in 5 days.
  • An option to bundle domains (with a discount) would be nice as well. E.g. the ability to sell car.com and cars.com in one sale.
  • Add a search filter for 'buy now listings' and 'make offer listings'
  • The info icon next to a domain name doesn't seem to have a real use, except for lowercasing it? But it takes up a prime spot on the page.

After quite some deliberations I've chosen to show prices including VAT. One reason is that because in search prices are shown without VAT. Which leads to an unexpected price increase for a potential customer.
  • On the domain page if a price is shown excluding VAT, the approximate VAT amount is shown. But the opposite isn't true. If the price is shown including VAT, that's not mentioned at all (anywhere). An idea might be to show it like in the attached screenshot, where it's calculated including VAT.
  • Also imo in the search results the price should be the total price for a consumer. Right now prices are mixed between those with and without VAT.
  • In the screenshot there are also some idea's you might AB-test to improve conversions like showing payments options (obviously related to the language/country), adding USP's, and removing the dot in the price for amounts over 1K.
Small bugs
  • If you don't fill in a phone number on the detail page the following error appears: "translation missing: nl-nl.activemodel.errors.models.checkout.attributes.phone.phone"
  • The info icon next to VAT on the details page is cut off when you hover over it.
The payment detail page could also use improvement, but I'll leave that for another post. :)

Show attachment 173773

I agree. Especially if a sales discount deal and an option to bundle two domains together like singular/plural or TLDs like .com/org/net of the same domain name are possible

Like for Black Friday, we can have for instance a 3-day discount sale on some certain names

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back