Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just me then ! Monthly views down over 30% this month. Just don't seem to get any engagement via Dan landers, those on Epik landers are doing better.
Dear @doofer,

Could you send me a chat message or a PM with your account email? I will check what can be improved as we have seen steady traffic and sales for the past months still.

Best,

•••
An update on pending payouts with Payoneer.

Out of 6 payouts that went into pending since 13 Nov, 2 were rejected today by Payoneer. 4 are still in pending but Payoneer has asked for information despite me submitting invoices and explanation of actual payment.

I have no idea if the issue has anything to do with Payoneer or Dan or both but one thing is certain that anyone using Payoneer to withdraw funds from DAN sales could face this.

I have a fully verified Payoneer account which has been active for a long time.
Good afternoon @UmerK,

An upper senior Payoneer manager resolved the problems encountered with our account over three weeks ago. If you do encounter problems still it is best to contact our chat support directly in order to have it investigated and resolved. Could you contact our support chat with the details and we will make sure to resolve it

Best regards,

•••
•••
Is it just me........

Every now and then the homepage freezes for a few seconds and you get the following in the search bar....

"Find the perfect domain for your Bra"

Normally reads as Brand......

•••
Good morning @NickB,

We have received no mentions so far. Could you provide me with a print screen of the window you are seeing and your account email through a private message?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
WARNING FOR PAYONEER USERS:

The latest payment from DAN caused my account to be restricted with the funds reversed, despite sending all the info to Payoneer. In other words, the 'Global Payment Service' part of your account will be disabled. Use DAN at your own risk.

•••

The latest payment from DAN caused my account to be restricted with the funds reversed, despite sending all the info to Payoneer. In other words, the 'Global Payment Service' part of your account will be disabled. Use DAN at your own risk.

I know ATLEAST 2 more people who have faced this. My Global Payment Service wasn't disabled but my payments were cancelled and refunded.

DAN did speak to their contact with Payoneer and the message from him was that the issue is specific to the user (me) and Payoneer.

I also sent them invoices, conversations with Dan and what not but they did not seem to accept them. Also speaking with the support, It appeared that Payoneer customer support agents still somewhat see DAN.com as an individual because I was asked - Do you have any conversation with him?

I will probably give it a last try and speak with their support today and see if they can resolve this - if not, I will have to go back to using my local bank which would mean that I get my DAN.com funds 14 days later after they send them.

I hope and wish DAN.com will prioritize this request and roll out Payoneer payouts as soon as possible as that is the only fix for this situation.

•••

Hi Eternaldomains,

When you make claims like this it's best to be 100% sure about the cause. It's disappointing to see that a seller that we work with for such a long time would engage in this type of action.

We have a senior Payoneer manager handling these issues for us and he informed us (and the sellers in question know this...) that Payoneer has not marked our account in any way.

Having said this, if you send us your Payoneer account details, we'll double-check with our account manager what's causing the issue for you.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Eternaldomains,

When you make claims like this it's best to be 100% sure about the cause. It's disappointing to see that a seller that we work with for such a long time would engage in this type of action.

We have a senior Payoneer manager handling these issues for us and he informed us (and the sellers in question know this...) that Payoneer has not marked our account in any way.

Having said this, if you send us your Payoneer account details, we'll double-check with our account manager what's causing the issue for you.

I don't think the other seller is accusing you in any case, Payoneer manager told you guys that the issue is with my account and Payoneer.

Once payments go into pending and you keep asking them about it - they will create a requirement which Payments team reviews - they will ask a brief explanation of transaction, contract of work and conversation.

I submitted DAN.com invoice as a proof of work contract but they did not accept it. Would your Payoneer manager somehow tell payments team to accept DAN invoices as a valid proof of contract of work carried out?

Also; it's pretty much random. I know some people who have no issues in receiving payments from DAN while others like me who see payments going into review and ultimately being cancelled while some who have global payments service being banned from their account for good.

•••
Hi Eternaldomains,

It is truly disappointing to even see myself having to write the above post, because, why would I want to post that? I would rather not be on this thread and happily do like I've always did in the past years and not have to think about this issue at all. And I'm sure that I'm 100% sure about this, since others are getting it as well. And the fact that I got zero problems dealing with other companies before my account got restricted. And yes, it was specifically mentioned based on what I see on this email:

We are sorry to inform you that your access to Payoneer’s Global Payment Service has been discontinued, and the following payment could not be delivered to you:

Payment ID 237820265
Sent from UNDEVELOPED BV
Amount €562.50
This payment will be returned to UNDEVELOPED BV in the next 7-10 business days, and you will not be charged a fee for it.

Please note that you may continue to access your funds and receive payments from our partners.

The reason for this change in your access to Payoneer’s services is a violation of our Terms & Conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience.

It seemed quite direct, doesn't it? And it's strange that days before when the verification request email was sent it mentioned "DAN Domain Transfer Foun" like as if you keep changing the bank account name again (but I highly doubt it since in the last email it said as quoted above)

And besides, what damage can I really do with the above "accusation"? Based on what I see on this thread so far, it doesn't seem like there's enough Payoneer users for you to actually bother doing much about it. Or do you want to have Payoneer users keep falling into "traps" while the issue is still not truly 100% resolved?

If there are any Payoneer users here who actually managed to get payments from DAN especially lately, please post with proofs please. I want to be proven wrong, and I want to know what I did wrong too, if I actually did any wrong, since all I did all these years are the same things over and over, yet this happened starting at the point when you last changed your account name. (For others who don't know, it was UD > DAN.COM > UD > DDTF, all based on my Payoneer account's transaction records)

I don't think anything can be done at this point, other than pre-informing Payoneer users not to use your site, as you should yourself, unless you prefer seeing this kind of posting over and over again from other Payoneer users.

At any rate, I have supplied my Payoneer info via PM to you.

•••
Now that I think about it, I think any financial institution would probably go bonkers if they see payments from an account that keeps changing it's name so freely like this.

•••
It is truly disappointing to even see myself having to write the above post, because, why would I want to post that? I would rather not be on this thread and happily do like I've always did in the past years and not have to think about this issue at all. And I'm sure that I'm 100% sure about this, since others are getting it as well. And the fact that I got zero problems dealing with other companies before my account got restricted. And yes, it was specifically mentioned based on what I see on this email:

It seemed quite direct, doesn't it? And it's strange that days before when the verification request email was sent it mentioned "DAN Domain Transfer Foun" like as if you keep changing the bank account name again (but I highly doubt it since in the last email it said as quoted above)

And besides, what damage can I really do with the above "accusation"? Based on what I see on this thread so far, it doesn't seem like there's enough Payoneer users for you to actually bother doing much about it. Or do you want to have Payoneer users keep falling into "traps" while the issue is still not truly 100% resolved?

If there are any Payoneer users here who actually managed to get payments from DAN especially lately, please post with proofs please. I want to be proven wrong, and I want to know what I did wrong too, if I actually did any wrong, since all I did all these years are the same things over and over, yet this happened starting at the point when you last changed your account name. (For others who don't know, it was UD > DAN.COM > UD > DDTF, all based on my Payoneer account's transaction records)

I don't think anything can be done at this point, other than pre-informing Payoneer users not to use your site, as you should yourself, unless you prefer seeing this kind of posting over and over again from other Payoneer users.

We've forwarded your message to Payoneer and will post their response here.

Based on your message it's more likely that Payoneer did additional research on your account and closed it for whatever reason they found relevant. If you want to know why they closed your account, you should directly ask them.

Last edited:
•••
•••
We've forwarded your message to Payoneer and will post their response here.

Based on your message it's more likely that Payoneer did additional research on your account and closed it for whatever reason they found relevant. If you want to know why they closed your account, you should directly ask them.
It's not closed, it's just restricted. Read properly will you? I can still take payment from their official partners, just not companies like yours. Based on this response, now I know what's left to do on DAN.

•••
I think this name change to foundation is throwing things off. Still not sure why that is necessary. You aren’t a foundation.

•••
•••
Please add one more button to negotiation window: DECLINE and BAN
I don't want just to reject some bids, I want to ban those annoying/fake bidders at all.

Last edited:
•••
Please add one more button to negotiation window: DECLINE and BAN
I don't want just to reject some bids, I want to ban those annoying/fake bidders at all.
Dear Jurgen,

We have our own processes for this and take care of the ones wasting time. In addition, there are changes which are being introduced shortly that will reduce this number significantly as well.

Best regards,

•••
From a buyer perspective, I still really miss these features:

- ability to search for patterns such as CVC.com and CVCV.com
- no need to enter at least two characters to do a search
- ability to search only for names that can be purchased in installments

Also, when searching for e.g. LLL.com, I come across a lot of unauthorized listings. Could it be an idea to add a star or some other symbol to listings that use your landing page as a (almost) guarantee that these names are indeed for sale?

•••
From a buyer perspective, I still really miss these features:

- the ability to search for patterns such as CVC.com and CVCV.com
- no need to enter at least two characters to do a search
- ability to search only for names that can be purchased in installments

Also, when searching for e.g. LLL.com, I come across a lot of unauthorized listings. Could it be an idea to add a star or some other symbol to listings that use your landing page as a (almost) guarantee that these names are indeed for sale?
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

The majority of your requests are already listed with the product team. When it comes to searching, there is no need to put in at least two characters. You can actually already search the entire inventory by simply placing a space in the search bar. It will enable you to fine-tune your filtering in order to narrow it down to a curated list.

Could you further elaborate on the suggestion of adding a star? It will help me formulate my suggestion to the product team.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

The majority of your requests are already listed with the product team. When it comes to searching, there is no need to put in at least two characters. You can actually already search the entire inventory by simply placing a space in the search bar. It will enable you to fine-tune your filtering in order to narrow it down to a curated list.

Could you further elaborate on the suggestion of adding a star? It will help me formulate my suggestion to the product team.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Thanks, Laszlo

Wow, I have been searching for names at DAN for years without knowing you could place a space in the search bar :)

Regarding the "star", I was just thinking of some way to highlight listed names that use your nameservers to make buyers confident they are indeed legitimate listings. Just like BrandBucket writes "guaranteed delivery" on their landing pages because sellers have to use their nameservers (although there is no 100 percent guarantee of course).

•••
Thanks, Laszlo

Wow, I have been searching for names at DAN for years without knowing you could place a space in the search bar :)

Regarding the "star", I was just thinking of some way to highlight listed names that use your nameservers to make buyers confident they are indeed legitimate listings. Just like BrandBucket writes "guaranteed delivery" on their landing pages because sellers have to use their nameservers (although there is no 100 percent guarantee of course).
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you very much for the explanation. I will make sure to incorporate that in my feedback to the product team as well.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
Good morning Alexej K,

That would be the integrator as used and offered by Sedo and DNWE.

Best regards,

How do we get access to your light API version?

•••
An update - I did receive a small payment in Payoneer today.

I did this as a trial and the process was cumbersome, I had to be in constant touch with DAN.com to provide some information to Payoneer along with submitting questionaires, invoices, email conversations and dan.com dashboard screenshots.

I will try another payout and see if its smoother and is approved without going into review.

PS some of my payments that were rejected on 29th Nov are yet to be received by DAN.com as a refund.

•••
How do we get access to your light API version?
Good morning @ivbran,

Could you send me a private message with your DAN.COM account email?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
Back