NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. LucidDomains

LucidDomains LucidDomains.com VIP

When did they go from buyer pays success fee to seller pays?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. aamyra

aamyra Upgraded Member Gold Account

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 16.09.35.png
    Worth noting this down.
    I asked them if this listed anywhere on their site & the answer was no.
    Really put off by this & will think twice before using DAN again.

3. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In April I received mid $xxx wires from DAN without fees.

4. xeroox

xeroox Established Member

Intermediary banks are pretty normal. I had the same situation with transferwise, they are not taking any fee but nobody knows how much the Intermediary bank will take sadly

5. td11

td11 Established Member

For the first time, a buyer has bought a domain name from me through lease to own with 60 installments :xf.grin:.
    I hope that the buyer will pay all installments.
    Thanks @DAN.COM

6. LucidDomains

Dan.com are starting to really cheese me off. No one replies to my messages. I can't be the only one suffering.

7. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Dear LucidDomains,

I am sorry to hear this but in the private message, you have sent me no details were included. If you contact our support chat or send me the domain involved I can help and investigate the status of your transaction.

Best regards,

8. LaszloSchenk

Dear Aamyra,

The charges made or the usage of the intermediary bank is out of our control. It is required with the majority of international wire transfers. If you want to avoid such charges, where we do not benefit from as well, simply choose Paypal for all payouts up to $2000 or BTC.

Best regards,

9. LaszloSchenk

Dear,

We have encountered this remark on the platform but after checking the currency clearly displayed GBP. Have you replied to our response?

Secondly, the charge of VAT between buyer and seller has nothing to do with the charge of VAT over our commission? If you are located in the EU and use our service you pay DAN.COM, which is a VAT registered company in the EU, a commission. In turn, we would have to check if VAT is applicable to the service we provide or not. VAT not being charged for the payment of your domain is of no influence on the taxation laws.

Best,

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  10. LucidDomains

What response? No one has replied to me aside from you on NamePros.

How long does it take for a member of staff to message in the domain transfer chat log?

In your FAQ, it says payouts are 12 hours after domain has been transferred. I transferred yesterday, nothing has come through yet.

So far I'm not impressed with the service.

11. LucidDomains

I recommend you go back and check the "subject" of the PM. If you're new to NamePros, look at the top of the PM and you will see the conversation subject - and the domain name in question.

Thanks.

12. LucidDomains

My questions have now been answered and the payment is pending. It would been have great if my questions were answered sooner and in the transfer chat panel. Thank you to all that helped in this thread.

13. Remi

Remi Established Member

Seems like there's a recent upsurge in fake bids by scammers. I'm not sure what their game plan look like - asides, probably extracting seller's information (if they can) for phishing purposes - but, I think DAN should raise the bar for buyer verification. Make it difficult for scammers to use the platform. Good job so far with other features on the platform!

14. nikolasbp92

nikolasbp92 Established Member

I have only words of praise for the DAN platform. Very simple and nice administration panel, easy to add domains, great customer support, and most importantly, a very efficient process of domain transfer, and withdrawal of money to a bank account.

15. Safetimdomains

Safetimdomains New Member

I registered santamariamovers.com yesterday but was unable to add the domain to my portfolio on Dan. Later saw someone else's land page.
    How can I rectify this?

16. td11

td11 Established Member

You can use "Automated Ownership Verification"
    Go to Settings > Ownership > Enable automated verification
    Then add verification name server to your domain name.
    After the nameservers has been updated add the domain name to your portfolio.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  17. LaszloSchenk

Dear Remi,

Thank you for your post.

We have a group of account managers who follow up on the leads by phone and email. They will try to secure the payment as soon as possible and in turn, try to identify these none payers fast to make sure little to no time is lost on your end.

That being said, we have multiple changes ready for production which will counteract these time wasters. It should not be too long now before this is launched.

We will keep you posted on the progress.

Have a great day.

18. Safetimdomains

Safetimdomains New Member

Thanks. Done.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  19. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@LaszloSchenk
    Please don't leak the domain names in your payout comments for wires and PayPal.
    Just reference number is enough there.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  20. Votumejero

Votumejero Established Member

I have been unable to log in ever since this month.

Attached Files:

21. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

This is probably a HSTS Preload issue. The complete .app TLD is HSTS Preload by default. So I guess newly added domains are not provisioned on a TLS level the first 48 hours after parking at DAN, and your browser asks for the TLS version because .app is on the HSTS Preload list. Then the TLS version of the page is not yet there and you see an error or warning.

22. LaszloSchenk

Dear Votumejero,

Could you contact our support chat and grant your account details? This way we can look into it.

Best regards,

23. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @Future Sensors,

Yes, we do tend to see that some .app domains tend to a little take longer to resolve as opposed to the other extensions. It is best to contact our support chat whenever it takes too long.

Best regards,

24. doofer

doofer Top Contributor VIP

Just me then ! Monthly views down over 30% this month. Just don't seem to get any engagement via Dan landers, those on Epik landers are doing better.

25. UmerK

UmerK Established Member

An update on pending payouts with Payoneer.

Out of 6 payouts that went into pending since 13 Nov, 2 were rejected today by Payoneer. 4 are still in pending but Payoneer has asked for information despite me submitting invoices and explanation of actual payment.

I have no idea if the issue has anything to do with Payoneer or Dan or both but one thing is certain that anyone using Payoneer to withdraw funds from DAN sales could face this.

I have a fully verified Payoneer account which has been active for a long time.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice