Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dan.jpg
That's indeed incorrect. We do not handle sales below $99 anymore, which has had a small impact on the total # of transactions. But we're closing this month with about +-10% more transactions than last month.
From explorer here is what I see, for cumulate sales of previous 7 days.
For my sales only I have a similar curve, that's why I asked you to share that kind of data...
While on afternic I cannot see that.

Last edited:
•••
If there were no page views for the missing domains (pages) during the selected time frame, GA won’t show you anything, naturally.

Are you sure you have had visits to those “missing” domains?

OK, now I understand, it is only showing the domains that had a visit. Thank you!

•••
Show attachment 164613
From explorer here is what I see, for cumulate sales of previous 7 days.
For my sales only I have a similar curve, that's why I asked you to share that kind of data...
While on afternic I cannot see that.

We understood your analysis the first time you posted it :). We don't track how many sales our sellers publicly share or not so your graph might be accurate. Comparing the graph with Afternic or any other source on the other hand doesn't make much sense.

Also, didn't you stop selling a majority of your domains with us because we increased our minimum sale price to $99? That naturally also has an impact on your personal sales at DAN.

What you might have discovered here is that sellers that sell for lower prices might be sharing their sales more often than sellers that sell for higher prices. Which does make sense since the higher the sale price the more often the parties involved wish for additional data sharing privacy.

•••
Comparing the graph with Afternic or any other source on the other hand doesn't make much sense.
For sure it has a sense, It's the only way to track a change and/or seasonnality.

Also, didn't you stop selling a majority of your domains with us because we increased our minimum sale price to $99? That naturally also has an impact on your personal sales at DAN.
Yes, it could due to that, I already integrated these changes in the expected results. Without integrated it I would have said I make around 30% of the expected results with dan, not 50%
That also means that I sell much more with atfernic than usual...

Anyway If you tell us that there is no other change in the process, payment processor, etc... and there are a no noticeable in sales volume between now and previous months, everyting is fine...
The graph show us that week after week more and more sellers decide to show sales in explorer.

•••
Good question, buyers are getting the option to exclude the sale price soon as well.

We had some big corporate buyers that purchase a lot of names a day with us that made it clear to us that it's crucial for them to be able to exclude sales for their customers.

Glad to hear that, buyer privacy is important too.

•••
Happy Monday, @LaszloSchenk!

Great progress with DNWE and Efty, any chance you're planning to open up the API integration, and allow people who have their own portfolio sites / marketplaces / landers, to add DAN buy now buttons (like Escrow enables) and use DAN as payment processor?

Thanks,

Al

•••
Happy Monday, @LaszloSchenk!

Great progress with DNWE and Efty, any chance you're planning to open up the API integration, and allow people who have their own portfolio sites / marketplaces / landers, to add DAN buy now buttons (like Escrow enables) and use DAN as payment processor?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Alexej,

Yes, that's the next step! Within 2 months we'll offer our API to everyone in the market to use. We've created a light, medium, and advanced integration type to service the entire market with our solution.

•••
•••
Hi Alexej,

Yes, that's the next step! Within 2 months we'll offer our API to everyone in the market to use. We've created a light, medium, and advanced integration type to service the entire market with our solution.

We may also integrate with DNHat marketplace landers, using the API.
Thanks.

P.S.
Not following this thread, so please keep us posted when the API is out.

Last edited:
•••
How about an own registrar? ETA?

•••
Hi Alexej,

Fantastic, excited for this, will integrate straight when available (happy to do some beta testing as well if you're open ;))

•••
•••
Fantastic, excited for this, will integrate straight when available (happy to do some beta testing as well if you're open ;))
Good morning @Alexej K,

Glad to hear this and thank you for the offer. We will let you know as soon as the API becomes available in full.

Have a great day.

•••
We sincerely didn't want to do this but due to recent events, it has become impossible for us to not respond.

DAN users, please find below a statement from DAN about recent events of a company trying to gain customers by spreading false narratives about DAN:

https://medium.com/@Undeveloped_88229/statement-about-recent-events-b7c875cc6314

That blogpost by Dan.com says:

...has taken their attacks of our brand to the next level by sending a fabricated story about us to over 100,000 contacts in a mass email. As of today, we still haven’t received an apology or explanation from them

We strongly encourage you, our users to contact us when you are contacted...with defamatory remarks about us so we can continue building a case against them...Our support team is ready to answer all your questions about this situation

That is serious - I think the technical name for the attacks you are reporting there is Trade Libel.

Last edited:
•••
•••
DAN users, please find below a statement from DAN about recent events of a company trying to gain customers by spreading false narratives about DAN

Can you elaborate, what are you talking about? I'm a heavy Epik user but i didnt get any "mass email" from them or whatever. Also, i asked around and other domainer communities don't know anything...

Besides... Do you really want to know how other companies are "gaining your customers"?

I switched my landers from Dan to Epik a few months ago, for the only reason: your absent support. Yes your support is very good while it's there, but it's not there on European night and the whole time Friday afternoon - Monday morning. I just thought this won't suit so much to my potential buyers.

Also other small things, like i complained to you multiple times that you don't get emails from my domains, but you chose to just say "everything works here" and do nothing.

So i voted with my feet for someone with much better support, and it's day and night, another league, different universe.

You want to gain more customers? Make something better. But don't throw empty accusations. Not only this, - you linked from this pasquil to that notorious "Rob is Nazi" lying article, - how low is it!! I really was of better opinion about you.

First you say "Sav is the evil company but we won't tell you why". Now Epik...

Fair competition, anyone?

Last edited:
•••
Actually, you know what. I've just deleted my whole portfolio from Dan, and will never ever use Dan again, even if some buyer tells this is the only option. Until you publicly apologize for this link to that dirty Nazi stuff.

I can't believe you could fall so low.

•••
Actually, you know what. I've just deleted my whole portfolio from Dan, and will never ever use Dan again, even if some buyer tells this is the only option. Until you publicly apologize for this link to that dirty Nazi stuff.

I removed mine too. This whole spat with Epik is just ridiculous. As I understand it Epik told 60 or so customers (Correction, just read Rob's post, it was 46 customers) by email that they wanted to highlight their domains but couldn't because they can't access the landing pages hosted by Dan. So dan responds to this limited distribution email by a public post coming out against Epik, it's just childish. And not the first time, I seem to recall they did something similar with Sav, not sure the story there but clearly they have priors. Now I have having problems with delivering a domain held at, you guessed it Epik, to the buyer.

In both cases I belive Dan has publicly threatened to sue, not sure they have in either case. But I guess it is free to threaten to sue, not so much to do so and an waste when there is clearly no basis, at least that I have personally seen.

Funny thing is I got 0 sales though Dan, and 1 "wholesale" offer from another domainer. I am not so sure they are worth it unless you use their landing page. This sale I am having problems delivering wasn't even though Dan, it was though DNWE with Dan processing the transfer and payment. So as a result I had to remove my DNWE listings too since they moved exclusively to dan.

Last edited:
•••
I removed mine too. This whole spat with Epik is just ridiculous. As I understand it Epik told 60 or so customers by email that they wanted to highlight their domains but couldn't because they can't access the landing pages hosted by Dan. So dan responds to this limited distribution email by a public post coming out against Epik, it's just childish. And not the first time, I seem to recall they did something similar with Sav, not sure the story there but clearly they have priors. Now I have having problems with delivering a domain held at, you guessed it Epik, to the buyer.

In both cases I belive Dan has publicly threatened to sue, not sure they have in either case. But I guess it is free to threaten to sue, not so much to do so and an waste when there is clearly no basis, at least that I have personally seen.

Funny thing is I got 0 sales though Dan, and 1 "wholesale" offer from another domainer. I am not so sure they are worth it unless you use their landing page. This sale I am having problems delivering wasn't even though Dan, it was though DNWE with Dan processing the transfer and payment. So as a result I had to remove my DNWE listings too since they moved exclusively to dan.
What issue did you have? I have just sold a domain from epik with dan. Just needed to contact the epik support to speed up the process
@golan there was a thread here https://www.namepros.com/threads/statement-by-dan-on-epik.1205427/

Last edited:
•••
What issue did you have? I have just sold a domain from epik with dan. Just needed to contact the epik support to speed up the process

Well then maybe this will get fixed if/once I can actually get a response from Dan? But that's almost a moot point because in either case there public actions/statements are quite unbecoming and not something I want to be associated with.

UPDATE: Got a response, seems the deal is progressing now. But that doesn't change the real issue.

Last edited:
•••
Well then maybe this will get fixed if/once I can actually get a response from Dan?

But in either case there public actions/statements are quite unbecoming and not something I want to be associated with.
I honestly think every company have pr issue. Dan? yea, Epik? Definitely, Godaddy? Huge haters fanbase, Flippa? God i really hate them but still use them. Facebook?, Google?, Nike? I doubt any company will change their statement for some single users. Look at godaddy, namejet, dropcatch, flippa with all their threads these years. If you don't want to use them its definitely your right

Last edited:
•••
Hey guy, I love DAN they just gave me another 100 € lead
for a VCVC.de domain I was planning to sell for high 4fig € or 5fig

@DAN.COM
please remove the mentioning of the 100 min bid from landing page DAN
-the last 3 leads offered 100 €-

Last edited:
•••
Hey guy, I love DAN they just gave me another 100 € lead
for a VCVC.de domain I was planning to sell for high 4fig € or 5fig

@DAN.COM
please remove the mentioning of the 100 min bid from landing page DAN
-the last 4 leads offered 100 €-

You can change the minimum offer yourself in your settings.

•••
I honestly think every company have pr issue. Dan? yea, Epik? Definitely, Godaddy? Huge haters fanbase, Flippa? God i really hate them but still use them. Facebook?, Google?, Nike? I doubt any company will change their statement for some single users. Look at godaddy, namejet, dropcatch, flippa with all their threads these years. If you don't want to use them its definitely your right

True, but not all issues are the same.

I have been critical other companies before too. I have dumped some others all together or limit my usage of them as a result of their issues. Dan for their part aren't no Godaddy that is hard to avoid entirely, they are quite easily to not so business with at all. I am disappointed in their unnecessary escalation of the issue, instead of responding in proportion or better yet taking the high road and de-escallating. I am frustrated with the lack of results as well, and when I finally have a sale to process though them I have a problem. To be fair I cannot say for sure if it is related to the domain being at Epik, but I can say they don't accept a push from Epik which would have simplified things greatly.

I am just not sure Dan provides enough value to me to deal with their shortcomings.

•••

Come on, EPIK and its employees are known bullies, just look at how they have taken over this forum.

EPIK in disguise of freedom of speech does allow hateful stuff to go through.

Dan Sanchez DNSocial issue and Epik's hosting of far right site just two examples from past.

I wouldn't derail this thread further but would leave this here.

I'm 100% sticking with Dan for innovating in industry and building personalized connection, Epik appears to be still sour about failed takeover of dan.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back