IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
upload_2020-8-20_0-37-34.png

•••
•••
•••
they preferred just to inform the twitter followers....

•••
I am sure if it was still down at 1am pst we would have been told here

•••
Dan has been really easy to use for me and fast payment..though my last sale failed...
The acceptance of an offer wasn't clear..mistakes were easily made and i'm not sure what stopped buyer from completing...
Lack of AMEX support, for example.
Many US buyers prefer this CC...
OR
Failed due to Adyen filter/verification...
OR
Traditional fake bidders...

@DNGear
Their search results are the same regardless of location.

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know if DAN has a customer service number in the Netherlands, or what a phone number for them is in general?

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know if DAN has a customer service number in the Netherlands, or what a phone number for them is in general?
They do, and I personally used it quite a few times. They even call me back if there was no one to answer my call (can you imagine the same support from Afternic/Sedo? 😀)

C24C1B9D-6CA0-438C-9EE5-98BD886B4D77.jpeg

Screenshot source https://dan.com/about/contact

Last edited:
•••
@uzver Thanks! Do you know of one in Amsterdam?

I would prefer calling them directly. I’m on east coast in the US.. by the time the Texas customer service number is available, the guys in the Netherlands are about to go home for the day.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

SAV used to be a DAN seller and we are aware that they now have launched a copy cat service. But do read the finer letters like not getting chargeback protection for that commission.

At DAN we offer more service and features than any domain marketplace out there while charging a very low commission for that that we deliver. So we already offer our service at a very small margin, going lower than our current margin makes no sense for us or the future roadmap of DAN.

Don't forget, the commission we make we re-invest fully in DAN. The less commission we make, the longer it will take for us to improve our service for you.

We have a long term strategy that we execute on, so we don't take "companies" like SAV too serious since we're already working hard on making DAN 2.0 a reality.

So, you think that ICANN accredited registrar is not a "company"?

•••
@uzver Thanks! Do you know of one in Amsterdam?

I would prefer calling them directly. I’m on east coast in the US.. by the time the Texas customer service number is available, the guys in the Netherlands are about to go home for the day.

Hmm.. I can't find in my previously dialled numbers anything that starts from +31 (Netherlands country code) for the last few months. I called DAN on July, 30 and I used +1737... It was late afternoon in the EU and they answered instantly.

I have just checked my old BuyNow emails from DAN from the past year and "Simon" used this very number in his signature. Maybe it's being routed to either Amsterdam or US depending on who's available? :xf.wink:

@LaszloSchenk knows better.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
Hello Friends,

I am new to here and I have a question.If you can help me,that will be great.
We are using Dan and have lot of domains in the portfolio (4000+).
So we added google tracking code at dan users settings for sale.

But when we check stats on google analytics gives only about 900 domains details..
Any body can help me.

or how it check all details from GA?

We checked it at page-secondary dimensions -Host name
And I have selected show rows as 5000 at the bottom.

Any one can help me?

Ashan

•••
@DAN.COM
Hello Friends,

I am new to here and I have a question.If you can help me,that will be great.

But when we check stats on google analytics gives only about 900 domains details..
Any body can help me.

Any one can help me?

Ashan

You’ve come to the right place
DAN thread 83 pages; Dan folks are helpful; Post here; they reply.

You’d be surprised problems fix by simple DM;

@LaszloSchenk

@DAN.COM

You guys really do rock.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I see that I have very few sales these days on dan, while it's not on afternic.

I made a small survey and I see that number of sales is decreasing week after week since one month, now it seems it's around -50% of what it was 2 months ago.

I know you decided to avoid sales at less than $99

@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk have you made any other change ?

•••
I see that I have very few sales these days on dan, while it's not on afternic.

I made a small survey and I see that number of sales is decreasing week after week since one month, now it seems it's around -50% of what it was 2 months ago.

It is very interesting. Did you use dan blockchain data? If so, how did you compare the number of sales with afternic, as there is no practical way to retreieve afternic sales details afaik... ?

•••
It is very interesting. Did you use dan blockchain data? If so, how did you compare the number of sales with afternic, as there is no practical way to retreieve afternic sales details afaik... ?
Yes dan explorer data.

I use my own afternic sales and I have near to no drop these days.

•••

Do note that since we've introduced our new domain sales privacy option that the vast majority of sellers have opted to not share their sales on our homepage and on the blockchain explorer.

Using the publicly shown transactions as a benchmark therefore won't be helpful.

•••
Do note that since we've introduced our new domain sales privacy option that the vast majority of sellers have opted to not share their sales on our homepage and on the blockchain explorer.
A great news. This explorer had privacy issues from the very beginning. What about buyers who may not be willing to share their purchases to the whole world, do they have an option to optout even if the seller did not optout yet?

Last edited:
•••

Using the publicly shown transactions as a benchmark therefore won't be helpful.
In that case could you share sold domains numbers for last weeks ?
I see it decrease week after week. Am I wrong ?

•••
The sale privacy option was online weeks before...

•••

Any body can help me.

If there were no page views for the missing domains (pages) during the selected time frame, GA won’t show you anything, naturally.

Are you sure you have had visits to those “missing” domains?

Last edited:
•••
A great news. This explorer had privacy issues from the very beginning. What about buyers who may not be willing to share their purchases to the whole world, do they have an option to optout even if the seller did not optout yet?

Good question, buyers are getting the option to exclude the sale price soon as well.

We had some big corporate buyers that purchase a lot of names a day with us that made it clear to us that it's crucial for them to be able to exclude sales for their customers.

•••
In that case could you share sold domains numbers for last weeks ?
I see it decrease week after week. Am I wrong ?

That's indeed incorrect. We do not handle sales below $99 anymore, which has had a small impact on the total # of transactions. But we're closing this month with about +-10% more transactions than last month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back