IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not complaining about the display of the VAT amount

I'm complaining about the wording
there is no way to ESTIMATE a 16% VAT
it's a very exact amount
Dear @frank-germany,

Thank you for your response.

What would you suggest considering we do not know beforehand if VAT is applicable or not. In addition, the best way to solve your minimum offer problem would be to increase the minimum offer. Stating the offer is too low still leaves a lead in the dark, forcing them to guess what offer might suffice. When one submits an offer of $100 while your minimum is $500 for example, it is likely one encounters the "too low offer" message multiple times before hitting the minimum. This will ensure you miss out on a lot of potential sales.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
•••
Don't know if it's been already discussed, but why can't they restrict sellers from accepting offers below 100, instead of forcing buyers to submit offers over 100?
Good morning @domaineed,

This is due to two reasons:
1. We maintain a minimum transaction value of $99 on the platform.
2. The minimum starting offer is based on your individual starting offer or default settings.

Best regards,

•••
Doing some routine surfing, I landed on DAN-hosted forsale page. And, maybe for the 1st time, paid attention to a section "Meet the owner and domain expert". It showed the following - one of namepros members as an owner, as well as:

DAN.COM Domain Expert
Laszlo
AT YOUR SERVICE
"I have successfully assisted over 10,000 buyers"

Two questions:

1) Since Laszlo is called domain expert, it was my impression (again, I was just a visitor) that the domain owner may not be an expert. It is not true, the owner has a pic avatar of one of established namepros members. As such, he is an expert, not a dummy. So is Laslzo. Any plans to change wording here?

2) @LaszloSchenk did you really personally assist over 10K buyers? This is not easy... I'm just curious :)

Last edited:
•••
Dear @frank-germany,

Thank you for your response.

What would you suggest considering we do not know beforehand if VAT is applicable or not. In addition, the best way to solve your minimum offer problem would be to increase the minimum offer. Stating the offer is too low still leaves a lead in the dark, forcing them to guess what offer might suffice. When one submits an offer of $100 while your minimum is $500 for example, it is likely one encounters the "too low offer" message multiple times before hitting the minimum. This will ensure you miss out on a lot of potential sales.

Have a great day.

thank you Laszlo for your reply

we don't know IF VAT is applicable
but we do know the exact amount of the VAT in case it is applicable
(so no ESTIMATE)

to a german the way you show it may mean:
"we may add some unknown amount at the time when we send you the invoice"

this may eventually scare a buyer

Last edited:
•••
Dear @frank-germany,
the best way to solve your minimum offer problem would be to increase the minimum offer. Stating the offer is too low still leaves a lead in the dark, forcing them to guess what offer might suffice. When one submits an offer of $100 while your minimum is $500 for example, it is likely one encounters the "too low offer" message multiple times before hitting the minimum. This will ensure you miss out on a lot of potential sales.

Have a great day.

The best way to show the price for an MAKE OFFER (no price)
is:

DO NOT SHOW ANY PRICE ANYWHERE

google search shows the min bid price
the min bid is shown in case that the offered price is to low

check negotiation tactics for
"anchoring"

disable the acceptance of a price below 100
but don't show 100 anywhere

Last edited:
•••
Dear @frank-germany,
When one submits an offer of $100 while your minimum is $500 for example, it is likely one encounters the "too low offer" message multiple times before hitting the minimum. This will ensure you miss out on a lot of potential sales.

Have a great day.

this is why I don't want to increase the min bid globaly

•••
Good morning @domaineed,

This is due to two reasons:
1. We maintain a minimum transaction value of $99 on the platform.
2. The minimum starting offer is based on your individual starting offer or default settings.

Best regards,

sorry Laszlo,
but you really don't get the idea

we understand, you want no sales to be completed below 100

but we say
there is no need to tell the prospect upfront

just disable the seller to be able to accept that low offer

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk

I have a buyer who is asking about a payment plan and I thought to look into Dan.
I wanted to find out about Dan's rules regarding payment plans for those who are late?
I searched Dan and I couldn't find anything saying what happens if a buyer is late on their payments.

How long can they be late before they lose the domain?
Also when using payment plan how does the commission work?
When is it taken out? Over the course of the plan or in one lump sum at the beginning?

Thanks

•••
Doing some routine surfing, I landed on DAN-hosted forsale page. And, maybe for the 1st time, paid attention to a section "Meet the owner and domain expert". It showed the following - one of namepros members as an owner, as well as:

DAN.COM Domain Expert
Laszlo
AT YOUR SERVICE
"I have successfully assisted over 10,000 buyers"

Two questions:

1) Since Laszlo is called domain expert, it was my impression (again, I was just a visitor) that the domain owner may not be an expert. It is not true, the owner has a pic avatar of one of established namepros members. As such, he is an expert, not a dummy. So is Laslzo. Any plans to change wording here?

2) @LaszloSchenk did you really personally assist over 10K buyers? This is not easy... I'm just curious :)
Good morning @tonyk2000,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will relay your feedback regarding this to our product team. However, no such remark was made before. The main intent of this would be showing to your future buyers which account manager will be able to help/assist them during their domain acquisition. Not referring to one as an expert will not inspire trust.

In addition, by now I am positive that I have exceeded the 10k buyer mark with quite some additional sales already. We would not mention it if it was not true.

Have a great week.

•••
sorry Laszlo,
but you really don't get the idea

we understand, you want no sales to be completed below 100

but we say
there is no need to tell the prospect upfront

just disable the seller to be able to accept that low offer
Dear @frank-germany,

We do not tell our buyers upfront. We only show it when a too low offer is sent. Regardless, I will relay your request to our product team for review.

Best regards,

•••
@LaszloSchenk

I have a buyer who is asking about a payment plan and I thought to look into Dan.
I wanted to find out about Dan's rules regarding payment plans for those who are late?
I searched Dan and I couldn't find anything saying what happens if a buyer is late on their payments.

How long can they be late before they lose the domain?
Also when using payment plan how does the commission work?
When is it taken out? Over the course of the plan or in one lump sum at the beginning?

Thanks
Good morning Lennco,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When using DAN.COM we have account managers chasing your payments in order to ensure timely payments. However, when one misses a deadline we always consider external factors that could be causing it. Due to this, we chase buyers by private email and phone for a period of 14 days on average before terminating the agreement.

Also, the commission is charged on each monthly payment. We collect your payments on a monthly basis and process your payouts - our commission as well.

Have a great week.

•••
Dear @frank-germany,

We do not tell our buyers upfront. We only show it when a too low offer is sent. Regardless, I will relay your request to our product team for review.

Best regards,

Laszlo,
I usually don't post stuff I can't proove

when you google for a domain
the search results short cut
already show the min Bid set by DAN

and DAN shows the min BID set by DAN
upfront as soon as a low amount is entered
that is they same as
"you show the amount upfront"

•••
It must be replaced just with text message like: your offer is too low
OR
This option must be added to DAN settings for domainers who don't want to leak the exact amount of their minimum.

•••
Good afternoon,

@frank-germany, thank you for your response and now I see what you are referring to. I will relay this to our product team for review. @Jurgen Wolf, as indicated before we will not replace it. The data clearly shows that leaving leads in the dark while having them guess for the right amount results in a far higher dropout.

In addition, I would like to inform all users of DAN.COM that we released another automated domain ownership verification method. From now one, users can also verify domains by using a TXT record which can be found in the ownership tab of your general settings.

Have a great day.

•••
From now one, users can also verify domains by using a TXT record which can be found in the ownership tab of your general settings.

Great! Thanks for that!

•••
@Dan

today I learned that a domain was sold for about $3500 USD at DAN
and the buyer paid for the domain
not quite sure if the domain was transferred to DAN
- at least that's what I understood-

then later on the buyer complained about
"wife unintentionally bought it - she thought it was $3.50 USD -

( amount altered for privacy )

and then you refunded

is that something we need to expect?
honestly, that scares me

•••
Good morning Lennco,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When using DAN.COM we have account managers chasing your payments in order to ensure timely payments. However, when one misses a deadline we always consider external factors that could be causing it. Due to this, we chase buyers by private email and phone for a period of 14 days on average before terminating the agreement.

Also, the commission is charged on each monthly payment. We collect your payments on a monthly basis and process your payouts - our commission as well.

Have a great week.
Hi Laszlo,

I am still confused on how the commission works on payment plans.

How much commission is it? Is it still just 9% overall?
Is that 9% spread out of the life of the payment plan?
What is the percentage of the commission for each payment?

Thanks

•••
When currency signs will be replaced by USD/EUR/GBP?
It was asked many times already...

Last edited:
•••
Hi Laszlo,

I am still confused on how the commission works on payment plans.

How much commission is it? Is it still just 9% overall?
Is that 9% spread out of the life of the payment plan?
What is the percentage of the commission for each payment?

Thanks

Hi it's just a flat 9% from each payment, I think Dan.com will confirm that. So presumably if a plan is terminated, no additional fees to seller.

I was wondering if the seller has any role or input when a payment is missed - or does Dan just decide solo to terminate the agreement? Seller might be minded to allow a payment holiday for a month if there were good reasons for it.

•••
Hi it's just a flat 9% from each payment, I think Dan.com will confirm that. So presumably if a plan is terminated, no additional fees to seller.

I was wondering if the seller has any role or input when a payment is missed - or does Dan just decide solo to terminate the agreement? Seller might be minded to allow a payment holiday for a month if there were good reasons for it.
Thanks Carob, (y)
Long time no speak, I use to see you a lot over in the Wallet thread years ago.

I should have done the math, that make perfect sense now, 9% is 9% no matter how its sliced up.
Cool, I think I will start offering up payment plans now. (y)

•••
@Dan

today I learned that a domain was sold for about $3500 USD at DAN
and the buyer paid for the domain
not quite sure if the domain was transferred to DAN
- at least that's what I understood-

then later on the buyer complained about
"wife unintentionally bought it - she thought it was $3.50 USD -

( amount altered for privacy )

and then you refunded

is that something we need to expect?
honestly, that scares me
Dear Frank,

This depends on the situation on hand. We are all humans and all make mistakes. Due to that we review these situations per case and act accordingly. If you send me a private message with the domain I can investigate the matter and let you know why the decision has been made.

Best regards,

•••

Good morning Carob,

Thank you for answering the question already. This is correct. The total amount equals regardless of it being charged on the total price or each individual installment. However, we charge deduct it on a month to month basis rather than the entire commission in full.

In addition, the seller most definitely will be consulted. We will ultimately lay the decision with you before termination takes place.

Have a great day.

•••
When currency signs will be replaced by USD/EUR/GBP?
It was asked many times already...
Good morning Jurgen,

As indicated before, this is listed with our product team. It will be tackled once some additional changes we are currently working on are finished

Have a great day.

•••
@LaszloSchenk hi..can u say some things bout yer bodis union..new landers..etc..ty

•••
@LaszloSchenk hi..can u say some things bout yer bodis union..new landers..etc..ty
Two good companies, not competitors, doing things together. Not a frequent occurance. And, a good news!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back