IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One suggestion unrelated to the ongoing discusion. When we have the domain financing feature enabled, I think a make offer should also be visible - available as an extra choice to prospective buyers.

upload_2020-3-5_15-39-30.png

•••
I visited some landing pages of my own and I don't see any meet the seller/meet the agent box.

Could some of you folks check and see if your landing pages are missing that option as well?

•••
Good morning @Maxxo,

The difference is that with the redirect enabled your buyers are granted to benefits of a chat support. All users who use the redirect on average experience higher sales as their users can submit any questions they might have before purchase. In turn, our support can take their doubts away ensuring the purchase will be made.

In addition, thank you for the suggestion and aim to help us improve our platform. I will forward it to our product team of course.

Have a great week.
Now I'm curious, what kind of questions would a buyer even ask? I thought it would've been pretty straight forward with domains names... Click buy > Pay > Get domain > End of of story?

•••
URGENT: need feedback on this ASAP. Was halfway in a transaction when I saw this:
Payment received

We have received **** payment. Can you please inform us where the domain is currently registered and if you prefer a domain push or transfer?
Dan Bot
04:58
Starting escrow

Hi, I'm Dan! Your automated domain transfer agent. I will be asking you questions and performing tasks based on your answers. 99% of the time this will be a smooth experience for both of us. If however you have some questions or want to talk to a real human, then please mention @simon in your message and my colleague Simon will be glad to assist you.
Dan Bot
Domain transfer

How would you like to transfer the domain?
Dan Bot
Push internally
You
16:10

Push domain at current registrar

Can you please push the domain to our escrow account at name.com?

Please use the following account code: ****

Important: don't change the domain ownership details while pushing the domain. This activates a 60-day lock which will prevent the buyer from being able to transfer the domain!
Dan Bot
16:10
The bolded part is the problem. I did not request to push, but the message made it look like it came from me. But I also find it odd that the response right after that happened on the same minute.

Anyone got experience in this? I'm not always online so I wasn't sure if it was an automatic "fake" response due to me not answering on time, or (hopefully not) an actual hacking on my account (but my settings are unchanged so far).

I've already sent messages to DAN support but as many know now they won't be online till next morning Amsterdam time.

•••
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

Pardon me if this has been covered, but I have a buyer wondering if they can buy out a lease once started. That is, can they, say, 12 months into a 24 month lease, decide to pay off the balance all at once and be done with it?

•••
One suggestion unrelated to the ongoing discusion. When we have the domain financing feature enabled, I think a make offer should also be visible - available as an extra choice to prospective buyers.

Show attachment 146693
Good morning @Dimitris,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have considered this before but tests have shown that providing a make offer option with an LTO will not only result in a lead negotiating over multiple factors. Not only the price will be discussed but when markup is imposed this will be taken into account as well. The end result would be a far longer process required before concluding a deal. Due to this we do not offer it but do allow you to list domains for sale with just a make offer.

Have a great weekend.

•••
I visited some landing pages of my own and I don't see any meet the seller/meet the agent box.

Could some of you folks check and see if your landing pages are missing that option as well?
Good morning @UmerK,

You would have to check your general settings. The "meet the seller" section must be configured in such a way that no boxes are displayed.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Now I'm curious, what kind of questions would a buyer even ask? I thought it would've been pretty straight forward with domains names... Click buy > Pay > Get domain > End of of story?
Good morning @eternaldomains

A buyer can pay off the remaining balance at any given time. In addition, which domain is involved for your second post? Please DM me in order to allow me to help you promptly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
@LaszloSchenk please take some time out to answer these pointwise:

1) Is it possible to configure the installments / lease-to-own options on a per-domain basis?

2) If that's not something u can implement immediately, can you at least provide an option for specifying a threshold above which we would like the lease option and below which we would like just the BIN pricing? It makes no sense to lease a $2000 BIN domain for 2-5 years IMO but it makes a lot of sense to lease a $30,000 domain for 2-5 years.

3) Can you implement an EPIK-like feature in the lease-to-own option wherein the buyer pays 25% or 33% as downpayment and the rest in equal monthly installments?

•••
Can someone confirm this:
Dan's Dynadot forum names is just "dan"?

I asked them at chat but it says support will come back tomorrow

•••
Can someone confirm this:
Dan's Dynadot forum names is just "dan"?

I asked them at chat but it says support will come back tomorrow

Last month I did a push to their Dynadot account, and their forum name was indeed "dan". So I guess that is still the case.

•••
@LaszloSchenk please take some time out to answer these pointwise:

1) Is it possible to configure the installments / lease-to-own options on a per-domain basis?

2) If that's not something u can implement immediately, can you at least provide an option for specifying a threshold above which we would like the lease option and below which we would like just the BIN pricing? It makes no sense to lease a $2000 BIN domain for 2-5 years IMO but it makes a lot of sense to lease a $30,000 domain for 2-5 years.

3) Can you implement an EPIK-like feature in the lease-to-own option wherein the buyer pays 25% or 33% as downpayment and the rest in equal monthly installments?
Good morning @GoWebnames.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In answering your questions:
1. This is possible to a certain extend. You can put your general settings allocated to the lease-to-own model. When visiting your portfolio section you can remove the buy now price to list some domains for sale with a make offer option only.

2. The first threshold is already present as the number of months is based on a minimum price of $99 a month. However, the request to impose additional thresholds have been submitted to our product team already.

3. This request was listed with our product team as well. We understand the need to enable our users to customize their installment plans according to their liking.

Have a great week!

•••
1. This is possible to a certain extend. You can put your general settings allocated to the lease-to-own model. When visiting your portfolio section you can remove the buy now price to list some domains for sale with a make offer option only.

1. The idea is to be able to offer lower-priced BIN domains without lease-to-own while offering higher-priced domains with lease-to-own. Changing the BIN pricing to make offer doesn't fulfill this objective.

2. The first threshold is already present as the number of months is based on a minimum price of $99 a month. However, the request to impose additional thresholds have been submitted to our product team already.

2. If I may request, let this threshold be decided by the users themselves, through a form entry, instead of you deciding it for them. $99 can be a default value for it, unless the sellers change it. Our ability to specify this threshold solves the point no. 1 above.

3. This request was listed with our product team as well. We understand the need to enable our users to customize their installment plans according to their liking.

3. Thank you, this lease-to-own option, wherein the buyer pays 25% or 33% as down-payment and the rest in equal monthly installments, is quite necessary in that the seller doesn't lose other potential buyers who are willing to buy the names outright in case a buyer decides to just walk away after few months. This leaves the seller with spoiled prospects and almost next to nothing in case of a 3-5 year plan.

Please do take these inputs into consideration.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
sorry, i do not think you replied to my post asking for a qucik yes no confirmation if the promised waving of extra btc payout fees since one week ago, is fully implemented and working now and guaranteed. i'd like to know this before i opt for my next btc payout. regards.

•••
(to anyone more experienced in using DAN) When selling transferable domains at DAN, when DAN asks whether you want a push or transfer are there buttons to click or it's reply with text only?

•••
(to anyone more experienced in using DAN) When selling transferable domains at DAN, when DAN asks whether you want a push or transfer are there buttons to click or it's reply with text only?
buttons

•••
Which registrars did you use so far when selling on DAN? There's 1 other person other than me who never saw any button. And were there any time limits whatsoever mentioned?

•••
Which registrars did you use so far when selling on DAN? There's 1 other person other than me who never saw any button. And were there any time limits whatsoever mentioned?
dynadot buttons
networksolutions text

•••
1. The idea is to be able to offer lower-priced BIN domains without lease-to-own while offering higher-priced domains with lease-to-own. Changing the BIN pricing to make offer doesn't fulfill this objective.

2. If I may request, let this threshold be decided by the users themselves, through a form entry, instead of you deciding it for them. $99 can be a default value for it, unless the sellers change it. Our ability to specify this threshold solves the point no. 1 above.

3. Thank you, this lease-to-own option, wherein the buyer pays 25% or 33% as down-payment and the rest in equal monthly installments, is quite necessary in that the seller doesn't lose other potential buyers who are willing to buy the names outright in case a buyer decides to just walk away after few months. This leaves the seller with spoiled prospects and almost next to nothing in case of a 3-5 year plan.

Please do take these inputs into consideration.
Good morning @GoWebnames.com,

I am completely aware of the desires you elaborated on in point 1. However, I wanted to give some alternatives for the time being as we do not offer this yet. The minimum for lease-to-owns remains $99 a month which will become lower and adjustable once we can operate more cost-efficient. For now, the threshold will remain $99 in order for it to remain feasible. Lastly, the input will most definitely be taken into consideration.

Have a great day!

•••
@DAN.COM
sorry, i do not think you replied to my post asking for a qucik yes no confirmation if the promised waving of extra btc payout fees since one week ago, is fully implemented and working now and guaranteed. i'd like to know this before i opt for my next btc payout. regards.

Good morning @alcy,

Yes this was already confirmed by Reza. The changes have taken full effect.

Have a great day.

•••
Hey Guys,

I want to receive $2056 in my bank account so how much amount should I list a domain with buy now including any fees you guys put on ? I have also selected "exclude vat" from my profile.

I also wanted to know what's the fees will be for you to send me this money to my indian local bank account?

thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Guys,

I want to receive $2056 in my bank account so how much amount should I list a domain with buy now including any fees you guys put on ? I have also selected "exclude vat" from my profile.

I also wanted to know what's the fees will be for you to send me this money to my indian local bank account?

thank you.
Good morning @iDestroyer,

We charge a 9% commission which will be deducted. You should consult your bank on any charges they might make for receiving a payout in order to determine the final price. We do not impose any additional charges on top of it.

Best regards,

•••
•••
•••
I think he found the secret formula :)
will explain ones sale go through. nothing to learn or something secret. its funny and just random.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back