Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning Nikhil Jain,

If you are referring to why we do not offer the chat option without the internal redirect the answer is simple. We have too many unique landing pages to be able to offer the chat on all pages individually. At least at this moment.

Have a great day Nikhil!

There is simple fast solution you can implement in few minutes. Make the chat button redirects to internal market and expand the chat box after page is reloaded.

•••
Your support is very slow in replying to chat, when I use the chat button it takes several hours for my message to be marked as "seen" sometime 12 hrs! So I am not sure if that will be negative or positive on sales.
Good morning Ostrados,

For now that can be correct depending on the time of sending the message. We are located in Europe which might result in a delayed response when we are contacted outside of office hours. However, we are working towards a US support which ensures you will receive a faster response.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Good morning Ostrados,

For now that can be correct depending on the time of sending the message. We are located in Europe which might result in a delayed response when we are contacted outside of office hours. However, we are working towards a US support which ensures you will receive a faster response.

Have a great weekend.

I am located in Europe too and still get long delay before answering my chat messages

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Recently came terms with a seller on $300 buy Finally! got around lame $99 month minumum! then u only offer Financing cost at least $495? When is Dan Financing 3.0?

Seems selfish. Lower to $300 (3 months)
why the stupid half grand minimum? isnt the purpose financing much convenience possible.

Dan financing remains industry most restrictive

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

After bulk updating starting offer price for all domains in my DAN portfolio (settings) the domains are no longer appearing on my DAN public profile list of domains for sale page.

Is this normal?

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

After bulk updating starting offer price for all domains in my DAN portfolio (settings) the domains are no longer appearing on my DAN public profile list of domains for sale page.

Is this normal?

do you have > 500 names?
dan cuts off yer public folio randomly at 500

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Recently came terms with a seller on $300 buy Finally! got around lame $99 month minumum! then u only offer Financing cost at least $495? When is Dan Financing 3.0?

Seems selfish. Lower to $300 (3 months)
why the stupid half grand minimum? isnt the purpose financing much convenience possible.

Dan financing remains industry most restrictive
Dear @Samer,

We might be able to lower the minimum in the near future when we can make all processes more cost-efficient. Currently, your installment or Lease-To-Own plans require continuous work. By offering plans below the stated minimum it would not be feasible to us. It has nothing to do with being selfish as you stated but simply a matter of it being feasible or not.

Have a great week,

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Is this normal?
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes that is normal as the system requires a brief amount of time to get the updates processed.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes that is normal as the system requires a brief amount of time to get the updates processed.

Have a great week.

Laszlo it’s 4AM here in the east coast states.
How close are dual customer service time?
honestly, I’m even surprised i’m awake now.
great service, but rather inopportune time.
Dutch friends, keep innovating, improving.

Thank you for replying and Have a great week

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM please bring up the description of domain i mean
"Seller's notes about this domain" should be on the visible field.

Thanks.

•••
Does DAN plan on sharing any domain sales data with NameBio.com in the future? Seems like it would help to build people's awareness of DAN as a trusted & reputable marketplace.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Can can you please reach customers who abandoned purchase in the past and make a survey and ask them about the reason of abandoning the purchase?

For example you can add following answer options in the survey:
A) Price was too high
B) I lost interest because of slow process or other reasons
C) Bug in the platform (ex: send button in offer box chat not working)
D) I was not aware the the page I was at was for buying a domain (confused customer)
E) I didn't receive email notification to follow up with the offer
F) I didn't trust the selling platform
G) I was confused about how domain buying works (ex: whats next after paying)
H) something else: __________
...etc

Why we need this?
Because there are numerous reports from domainers about abandoned sales especially right after offer is accepted.

Last edited:
•••
Laszlo it’s 4AM here in the east coast states.
How close are dual customer service time?
honestly, I’m even surprised i’m awake now.
great service, but rather inopportune time.
Dutch friends, keep innovating, improving.

Thank you for replying and Have a great week

Samer
Good morning @Samer,

There is no E.T.A yet but it should not take long. We are currently still exploring some opportunities that might produce the desired outcome soon.

Have a great day!

•••
•••
Does DAN plan on sharing any domain sales data with NameBio.com in the future? Seems like it would help to build people's awareness of DAN as a trusted & reputable marketplace.
Good morning @Maxxo,

We currently keep all sales private as requested by our users. Currently, there are no plans to share these details with platforms like NameBio.com.

Have a great day.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Can can you please reach customers who abandoned purchase in the past and make a survey and ask them about the reason of abandoning the purchase?

For example you can add following answer options in the survey:
A) Price was too high
B) I lost interest because of slow process or other reasons
C) Bug in the platform (ex: send button in offer box chat not working)
D) I was not aware the the page I was at was for buying a domain (confused customer)
E) I didn't receive email notification to follow up with the offer
F) I didn't trust the selling platform
G) I was confused about how domain buying works (ex: whats next after paying)
H) something else: __________
...etc

Why we need this?
Because there are numerous reports from domainers about abandoned sales especially right after offer is accepted.
Good morning @Ostrados,

Great suggestion. I will discuss this internally and see if and how we can expedite this.

Have a great day!

•••
Good morning @Maxxo,

We currently keep all sales private as requested by our users. Currently, there are no plans to share these details with platforms like NameBio.com.

Have a great day.

why not just permanantly solve this problem forever for those who want sales private and those who do not and instead of dan deciding for both sides (thus as you see having some people happy and unhappy about it) and simply putting an option in setting that says "share your sales data on namebio.com yes/no"... default=no if u must.... hope you consider this feedback. not all will agree... but many will.. and this will obviously help give more exposure to your site.. which is what you said u want to work on... to inrease exposure... many people say including me that very few sales come directly from marketplace finds of the domains... at this moment with so mny people saying their names get virutally never found on yer market (without parking), I do not think its good idea for you to pass every possible opportunity to gain some exposure.... and namebio isn't just some low level of exposure.. its actualy huge... imagine tens of names you sell added there daily.. in all kinds of price ranges.. and all posted there freely by sellers who want them there by agreeing to that setting... seriously, if you do not do this.. i will have questions that I wil probably never be able to answer on my own :) ty. cheers.

Last edited:
•••
We currently keep all sales private as requested by our users.
You don't really "keep all sales private", since few recent sales are being posted on the main page and in the "transaction explorer". While it is not something your average private person could do easily, those who operate web-scrapers to keep eye on the BIN prices and minimum offer prices are pretty much able to know what was the sale price for many of the sold domains. Sometimes it is something one could easily learn by visiting the seller's profile: if you see a 5L name sold by "cooldomainer638", and his profile shows hundreds of 5L names all with 2888 BIN, most likely the sale price was 2888 as well.

•••
Good morning @Maxxo,

Have a great day.

What is the downside of sharing sales data? The upside is large scale free marketing & brand awareness.

Maybe an admin opt-in setting to allow domain sale data with 3rd parties?

•••
Hi Alcy,

I just double-checked this and you are correct. For some BTC payouts, a 1% payout fee might have been added in the past. We're currently finalizing moving to a new set up for BTC payouts and from coming Monday, you can expect 0% payout fees for all your BTC payouts again.

Kind regards,

Dan

always good to confirm aftr the given date.. so all this is official and good to go now yes? cheers and thanks!

•••
Good morning @Maxxo,

Have a great day.

Ok Laszlo, i request you share my Dan sales to Namebio if sell. I’m a “user” is that possible?
Add the data to NB, it would help industry while showing how robust, the Dan market is.

•••
Ok Laszlo, i request you share my Dan sales to Namebio if sell. I’m a “user” is that possible?
Add the data to NB, it would help industry while showing how robust, the Dan market is.

im in!
i mean this is totally free advertising. and on a major scale too!
i know what tey mean when they say not all want it... so this is just easy setting on/off for each user.

they can even leave default as NO. if prefered by them.

but yeah.. i'd love to see dan.com appear on namebio a good 10 or so times a day!!!

honestly, it is such amazing win win idea that to not do it would fry my brain trying to unerstand the logic. :)

ive no clue how many sales per day avg happen on dan.com... i am not sure if dan wants or did share this info? but I think from what tey say here, it is enough to have a good few daily entries on namebio!

•••
Your premise is good, but two sides to every equation, the buyer might not want this, and may use another venue to procure domains if they don't like their cost basis being shared publicly. That is probably why it hasn't happend to date.

•••
Your premise is good, but two sides to every equation, the buyer might not want this, and may use another venue to procure domains if they don't like their cost basis being shared publicly. That is probably why it hasn't happend to date.

well... as u know almost or all major markets report sales. gd.. sedo etc... none of them seem to pay much attention to sellers.... and certainly not to buyers.

i think dan made it quite clear so far here that they do not want to go against selers will. no mention of buyers. so people commented based on that.

i understand what u mean about buyers.. but no other markets seem to pay attention to it. or perhaps they al simply mention in small print in terms, that sale details may be shared in public.

Last edited:
•••
when thinking about it..
there is actually no good time to ask the buyer
if he wants the sale to be published
when making his offer .. no please not
when showing him the payment page .. no please not

after the transfer has been done
ok
but who would care?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back