NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Contributor VIP

My Google analytics linked with DAN has stopped showing page views. Can anyone confirm THIS? @LaszloSchenk? Instead of showing the pages visited, it shows "/" simbol

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

not for me

3. Haykay2005

I didn't change anything. My result just begin to show "/" sign instead of the pages visited

4. Haykay2005

Screenshot_20200214_000416.jpg this is a real time check. Am supposed to see the current page being visited in that circle instead of the "/" sign.
    This just started today

5. Haykay2005

Here is another one for yesterday. Instead of the listed paged being listed. I am seeing a "/" sign. It wasn't like this before Screenshot_20200214_000857.jpg

6. Haykay2005

Screenshot_20200214_001241.jpg This is correct for previous days before the bug

7. Jean Carlos

Jean Carlos Established Member

just as @loredan said , I would love to add the auction option in the future, it would be great!!!

8. Nat Hunt

Nat Hunt Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Inadvertently, I think. I like the new design but I noticed a day or two my pages had reverted to the old landers. I went into my Settings > For Sale Page and clicked on "Show domains" and now my pages are displaying the new landers again, which I prefer. Previously, I had "Don't show anything" selected.

The thing is, I don't want my other domains to be shown to customers, and I don't think they are (which is good) even though I had to click Show Domains to re-enable the new lander design.

I think that since I've disabled links to my public profile, and I don't even have a public profile, that clicking "Show domains" enables me to have the new landers but not link to my other domains. It's pretty confusing tbh.

public prof.png

9. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

Ethereum is no longer available as a payout method :( I wish the number of available cryptos increased, not the opposite.

10. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Good morning @HappyW,

This is updated multiple times a day.

Have a great weekend.

11. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @Nikhil Jain,

We made it available to all who wanted to disable the seller boxes.

Have a great weekend.

12. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @alcy,

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, I cannot state if these options will be added or not. However, I will forward it to our finance department for reviewal.

Have a great weekend.

13. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yes it is true. they removed ether. there wasn't explanation as to why. while it may be viewed as some benefit to dan internally.. it clearly has zero benefit to clients.

@LaszloSchenk what is the reason for ether removal.. ? and again, can you plz consider adding at least one good stable coin for basically 1:1 usd to coin payouts.. this may lead to way more of your clinets requesting stable coin payouts.. thus resulting for much less work for you, not having to do bank wires, or even paypal. all of which im sure are more complex than crypto payouts...not to mention reducing wait times as well... thanks! cheers.

14. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @Nat Hunt,

Thank you for notifying us.

As indicated yesterday we have made it available to all sellers to personally select or deselect the display of the seller boxes. However, when currently disabling the seller boxes the old landing pages are used instead.

The meet the seller settings are currently being corrected ensuring that all users can enable/disable any function of the meet the seller settings without affecting any other settings you might or might not have imposed. It is possible to keep the new landers while not showing your domain portfolio. On the other side, it also becomes possible to remove the seller boxes without having to disable your domain portfolio display.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  15. DAN.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace Dan.com Staff Gold Account VIP

Hi Alcy,

For the industry, the acquisition is not that great as the industry loses another company that brings unique features & services to the market. For competition we need a healthy and vibrant landscape of competitors and Uni joining Godaddy will just make Godaddy's monopoly just stronger.

For Godaddy, the deal is great: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4281920-godaddy-decelerating-growth-adds-bearish-sentiment

They were seeing declining revenue ratios and they now increase your topline again with this acquisition by an estimated $80M-$100M a year.

For DAN, the deal is great as well. We have now one big competitor less and Uniregistry sellers will likely be welcomed with increased commission rates which makes DAN more attractive.

Also, don't forget that Godaddy is owned by a private equity firm, and all they care about is to squeeze more margin to increase Godaddy's share price. This is why we're positive about this acquisition but again for the industry overall, this isn't a celebratory moment at all.

Lastly, at DAN we're building the future infrastructure of the industry and we're playing the long game.

There's a reason why we've grown the total sales volume at DAN.COM last month alone with 31%. We deliver what we promise and we do not want to generate a profit in the next 10 years. We keep re-investing our revenue in the product and service. Two weeks ago we've also raised capital to invest more heavily in our domain transfer infrastructure, a new open domain distribution network and our own product & services to name some.

Nobody in the market is doing what we're doing in the long run and we guarantee you that our team is hungrier than ever before to keep shaking things up :).

Kind regards,

Reza

16. Embrand

Embrand Top Member ICA Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This intrigues me. Can you tell more, or is it too early?

17. DAN.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace Dan.com Staff Gold Account VIP

Hi Embrand,

Here's some details from our blog post about the network:

upload_2020-2-14_16-0-11.png

We also shared some initial details about the network here: https://www.ibm.com/case-studies/dan-com

The two closed networks that we're going to competing with are the Afternic's DLS and Sedo's MLS. Both networks are too hard to implement and outdated but above all closed.

We're building the first network that's inherently open, and with that, I mean that even Afternic & Sedo are allowed to join our network and to leverage it.

By creating a truly open domain distribution network, we can mobilize the industry much more efficient and generate more sales for domain investors. If the market remains fragmented, that's not good for any of us.

Lastly, our network can provide better features to further drive liquidity in our industry. For example, in our network we can work with even domain rentals & installment transactions while the two other networks mentioned only offer two options: make offer & BIN.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. Embrand

Embrand Top Member ICA Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for that. It definitely sounds interesting!

19. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

I kind of liked undeveloped and support DAN
    but I guess it's due to "the harsh dutch way of talking"
    when you say "closed networks" have "no right to exist"

to me, that's a little out of all proportion
    "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"

not sure if I want to support that idea

20. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

What is the "dimension" for your page views ? My views have plunged, but I do see 2 so far:

Attached Files:

21. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

can u guys confirm that dan.com allows for a sold name to be pushed direct to buyer on a registrar where dan does not have account.. or in those cases its transfer only when buyer initiates it...???? i recently had a sale and name is at fabulous.com and they have this extra clientupdateprohibited lock ... some internet sites say it doesn't actuaally prevent transfer out.. but turns out that it does.. weird..... so u need to email support to remove this flag.. as extra security step.. from the chat with dan i wasn't sure if they alow direct push to buyer on registrar where dan doesn't have accnt. i was always either pushing to dan account before or transfering out to buyer. so just wanted to confirm. ty.

@LaszloSchenk

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  22. LaszloSchenk

Good morning @alcy,

We will always find a way to transfer the domain. However, if there is a lock imposed we do maintain certain flexibility when it comes to the transfer process. If the buyer is willing to accept it at the current registrar we will allow a direct push to their account.

Have a great week.

23. td11

td11 Established Member

@LaszloSchenk is this possible?

24. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

thanks for your quick reply. i actually contacted fabulous.com suport and they told me specifically this does not prevent transfer out. so my bug report to you whereby you still show domains with this status as LOCKED... still stands. glad to help out.

one more thing for now: I know that the name of the game for you is to be present/have accounts on as many registrars as possible. so pushes to your escrow can be easy... and transfers avoided... so may a client of yours/seller request yuo open an account on fabulous.com or is this too much to ask? many thanks 

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  25. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account VIP

Is dan.com possible to increase the number of LOGO ( 3-4 piece), buyers can click on the LOGO for carousel.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice