IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hi dan.com

My proposal to increase domainer sales at dan.com is:
dan.com should increase the number of domains displayed on "Popular domains from this seller" which is 20 to 30 domains (photo attached)

best regards

presiden.com 1.png

•••
@LaszloSchenk
Many times when I add new domains to my portfolio the action fails for some of the domains, and I need to contact support (mostly you :)) to add the names manually. It must be very time consuming to add (probably) hundreds of domains by hand - would it be possible to add a feature to automate this step? It would be beneficial for both support and domainers.

•••
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in the 47-page thread... if I point my domain's nameservers to DAN.com, how do I verify them with Afternic, Flippa, Sedo, etc.? Where would I create the TXT record?

•••
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in the 47-page thread... if I point my domain's nameservers to DAN.com, how do I verify them with Afternic, Flippa, Sedo, etc.? Where would I create the TXT record?
There is no verification process with DAN. If the domain isn't listed by someone else on the platform, your domains will be instantly added. If there's a conflicting listing, you will have to contact support directly with your list of domains for them to add.

•••
Hi,
As far as I know, at the moment DAN only allows to set the buying options and payment options at the account level. Meaning all domains will have those exact same settings.
Instead, I would like to customize these settings for each domain. Will you implement this feature in the near future?
For example, I would like to enable a Max lease period of 2 years for some domains, 3 years for others, 5 years for others. This would be good because some of my domains are priced lower (1K-2K), therefore a 60 installments payment plan would be bad for my cash flow ($2000/60 = $33 per month minus 9% fees = $30 per month. For a $1000 domain we are at $15 per month. Too low.
Also, I would like to choose BIN for some domains, and BIN + Make Offer for others. This would be good for testing out which yields better results.
If anybody else would like to see these changes implemented, like this post so that DAN can see that there's enough demand for this.
Happy domaining, and may 2020 be a great year for everyone!

•••
For example, I would like to enable a Max lease period of 2 years for some domains, 3 years for others, 5 years for others.
Unlike other marketplaces, Dan allows you to have multiple (unlimited) seller's profiles. So you can just group your domains in different profiles according to your needs.

•••
Good afternoon all,

We have great news for all users disliking the boxes on the landing pages. We have added an option to disable it.

In order to disable it:
1. visit your general settings
2. go to the landing page tab
3. find the "meet the seller" section and put it on "don't show anything"

Have a great day!

THANKS YOU GUYS !!

I just visited my Lander and saw this before reading your post~

I am very happy with this option and the alternate "buyer trust" "get this domain" "get this domain " text !

This I feel adds a safer non confusing feel.

Thank You @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

•••
Unlike other marketplaces, Dan allows you to have multiple (unlimited) seller's profiles. So you can just group your domains in different profiles according to your needs.

Thanks for the input. I cannot find that option within my account though. Where is it exactly?

However, in the meantime I found that it is indeed possible to choose a different payment plan duration for each domain, which is great. It can be found inside the Portfolio section, by clicking on the "IN" icon for each domain.

•••
Thanks for the input. I cannot find that option within my account though. Where is it exactly?
It is not an option, you just create another account – as many as you need.

Looks like you've found the solution you needed anyway. As for
Also, I would like to choose BIN for some domains, and BIN + Make Offer for others. This would be good for testing out which yields better results.
When you need BIN only, you set the offer price equal to BIN price. When you need BIN + MO, MO price has to be lower than BIN.

•••
anyone else getting this ?

Connection not protected
The security of your connection is reduced. Criminals can attempt to steal your data from the website. You are advised to leave this website.

certificate expired?

•••
•••
You mean open new accounts with new emails and just put the domains there?

Or something else?

•••
so just to be clear, now to just disable this box, we also have to automatically disable:
show bio
show domains

correct?
Good morning Alcy,

That is correct. However, the team was informed this morning that this should not be related to each other and each should be able to be selected individually.

Have a great day.

•••
hi dan.com

My proposal to increase domainer sales at dan.com is:
dan.com should increase the number of domains displayed on "Popular domains from this seller" which is 20 to 30 domains (photo attached)

best regards

Show attachment 144417
Good morning,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have kept the domains shown in this section quite limited due to the fact that it clutters the view of your visitors. The visitors would see an overload of potential other domains on the same page of the domain being offered. Due to this, we have chosen to allow your visitors to find your domains by hitting the button "see more domains".

Have a great day!

•••
@LaszloSchenk
Many times when I add new domains to my portfolio the action fails for some of the domains, and I need to contact support (mostly you :)) to add the names manually. It must be very time consuming to add (probably) hundreds of domains by hand - would it be possible to add a feature to automate this step? It would be beneficial for both support and domainers.
Good morning @kaposzta,

Thank you for your feedback.

The product team is already working on this feature. It should be released shortly. For the time being, you do not require to select all names and forward it to our support. You can simply forward the DAN.COM support the link to the import report and they will make sure to take care of it for you.

Have a great day!

•••
Hi,
As far as I know, at the moment DAN only allows to set the buying options and payment options at the account level. Meaning all domains will have those exact same settings.
Instead, I would like to customize these settings for each domain. Will you implement this feature in the near future?
For example, I would like to enable a Max lease period of 2 years for some domains, 3 years for others, 5 years for others. This would be good because some of my domains are priced lower (1K-2K), therefore a 60 installments payment plan would be bad for my cash flow ($2000/60 = $33 per month minus 9% fees = $30 per month. For a $1000 domain we are at $15 per month. Too low.
If anybody else would like to see these changes implemented, like this post so that DAN can see that there's enough demand for this.
Happy domaining, and may 2020 be a great year for everyone!
Good morning @MoonShooter,

Thank you for reaching out.

The current version is the first release of this feature. We will keep optimizing it and allowing users to individually select which domains are listed with the LTO and which are not is going to be part of it. For now, you do not have to worry as the system automatically sets the maximum amount of terms allowed based on the BIN you have imposed on each domain. The minimum transaction value of each term has to be equal to or higher than $99. This way the example of $33 per month is not applicable.

Have a great day!

•••
@LaszloSchenk
just sheer curiosity.. can u briefly comment how u guys forsee the recent purchase of uniregistry by godaddy, as impacting DAN.... positive or negative... or basically fully neutral..... thanks!

•••
Good morning @kaposzta,

The product team is already working on this feature. It should be released shortly. For the time being, you do not require to select all names and forward it to our support. You can simply forward the DAN.COM support the link to the import report and they will make sure to take care of it for you.

Have a great day!
That's great news! In the meantime, I'll send the link to support as you described. Thank you!

•••
I want to know how often DAN's traffic map is updated?

•••
Is it possible to add a function when the message or offer has been read that a check mark appears? Would be very handy.

•••
upload_2020-2-13_9-26-21.png
Good morning @kaposzta,

Have a great day!
Timely, indeed!

upload_2020-2-13_9-26-21.png

Last edited:
•••
DAN updated to the old landing pages once again?

•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk
any chance u can add payout in one of the stable coins?
usdt...gemini..pax..
im sure it'd make it easier for yer payouts... just as btc does... but would give a usd like option for those who do not want btc at any given time. plz consider. ty.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
any chance u can add payout in one of the stable coins?
usdt...gemini..pax..
im sure it'd make it easier for yer payouts... just as btc does... but would give a usd like option for those who do not want btc at any given time. plz consider. ty.
Would love to see this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back