IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I looked to my sales and i see that i sell thru dan a few domains monthly to german customers.

at what price level?

do you have a BIN set ( which )

do you use the leasing option as default?

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, faced my first issue with buyer's payment.

The buyer wanted to buy a domain for $1000, but was unable to pay with Diners card.

The problem was there was no indication of his failed payment anywhere, Dan bot simply kept sending payment reminders to the buyer after his failed attempt to pay.

It was imported lead so I was in touch with the buyer and thus got aware of the issue. I guess in case of regular sales, some buyers will simply give up thus resulting in lost sales.

@LaszloSchenk is there any message at the checkout encouraging buyers to contact Dan support in case of any payment issues, kind of "Are you experiencing any payment issues? Contact our support, we are here to help!"? So people who initially wanted to pay with, say, Diners card, won't give up but try to resolve the issue by contacting Dan support? If no, maybe it makes sense to add such message there.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk not sure if brought up already, but due to the min $99 payments, the max period of domains within BIN range $496 - $593 should be limited to 5 months rather than 6, otherwise it looks like they're being overcharged $99 with no mention of it below

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 13.51.31.png Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 13.51.44.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
The issue seems to have been resolved...

Last edited:
•••
https://dan.com/users/revenue
Stats is bound strictly to default currency. Please add autoconversion...
For example, currently 585 EUR sale is shown as 585 USD.

And the same issue on Dashboard, also improper stats.

Last edited:
•••
I have sold around 81 domains. But it was not there. Please check. Thanks Lazlo.
Good morning,

Could you send me a private message through our chat? I will make sure to verify the account and investigate why the trusted seller mark has not been granted.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
I like the Domain Expert idea a,lot however The Domain Expert is of real dubious value with no obvious way of contacting the expert. Why not say you can reach the Expert by clicking on the chat icon and also add to the icon that it is a link to Chat, which is not obvious by looking at it. It appears DAN does not really desire people to know it is a CHAT link but why?.
Good morning Namemarket,

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward it to our product team. However, the statement of DAN.COM not really desiring to have your leads contact our chat does not make sense at all. I am sorry to say, but if you read my previous posts I have explained that the boxes have been introduced in order to inspire trust and make a clear distinction who a lead/buyer is contacting as well as showing which agent is available to serve them.

Do not forget that your leads and buyers are also DAN.COM's leads and buyers.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
Portfolio area... Views column...
Do you plan to update this column at least once per 6h?
Currently it is updated with 24h intervals...
Good morning Jurgen Wolf,

Thank you for your response.

It is listed with our product team. I am sure that in time we will make it more frequent.

Have a great weekend.

•••
@LaszloSchenk can u check plz if the limit of 500 domains per folio in the public folio link was fixed? i assume it is widespread to all clients bug... not just me .. or not just random accnts... ty.
Good morning Alcy,

The product department was made aware of this. As we foremostly focussed on end-users we rarely had users scroll through entire portfolios. However, we understand the need for this. The product team will verify what can be done.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Unfortunately, faced my first issue with buyer's payment.

The buyer wanted to buy a domain for $1000, but was unable to pay with Diners card.

The problem was there was no indication of his failed payment anywhere, Dan bot simply kept sending payment reminders to the buyer after his failed attempt to pay.

It was imported lead so I was in touch with the buyer and thus got aware of the issue. I guess in case of regular sales, some buyers will simply give up thus resulting in lost sales.

@LaszloSchenk is there any message at the checkout encouraging buyers to contact Dan support in case of any payment issues, kind of "Are you experiencing any payment issues? Contact our support, we are here to help!"? So people who initially wanted to pay with, say, Diners card, won't give up but try to resolve the issue by contacting Dan support? If no, maybe it makes sense to add such message there.
Good morning Kriss05,

All buyers are made aware when there are payment issues present. However, there are some exceptions where the issue is resolving locally. It could involve the buyer's network causing the issue.

Normally when a payment fails the buyer is instantly urged to contact our support or chat. We also have account managers email these users privately within 24 hours in order to secure your payments still.

Please contact me directly through our chat support in order to verify the issue on hand. It often involves card restrictions causing payment to fail.

Best regards,

•••
@LaszloSchenk not sure if brought up already, but due to the min $99 payments, the max period of domains within BIN range $496 - $593 should be limited to 5 months rather than 6, otherwise it looks like they're being overcharged $99 with no mention of it below

Show attachment 143872 Show attachment 143873
Good morning Griff,

Thank you for your response.

We have received notice of this confusion and currently look into making this more clear. However, when looking online at all lease options made available the last month always include a significantly lower payment as it is the remainder of the lease to own plan one has to pay.

Have a great weekend.

•••
https://dan.com/users/revenue
Stats is bound strictly to default currency. Please add autoconversion...
For example, currently 585 EUR sale is shown as 585 USD.

And the same issue on Dashboard, also improper stats.
Good morning Jurgen Wolf,

We have been made aware of this and informed our product team about it. We will have to find a suitable solution for this.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning Alcy,

The product department was made aware of this. As we foremostly focussed on end-users we rarely had users scroll through entire portfolios. However, we understand the need for this. The product team will verify what can be done.

Have a great weekend.

hmm... well.. I think this is about endusers too no? I mean you have many places on sale pages or directly via our link posted somehwere, where buyers go to view sellers enter folio.. so when u randomly cap the folio at 500 names... well.. that i think should be fixed. :)

in fact it can be very misleading or sale breaker for buyer, if he goes to salespage, and then on a link there he clicks to view seller folio of other domains, and he does not find the one he just saw on sale page... cause u randomly cut and cap that folio list at 500... im just saying this, because I believe you and me have a small diference of opinion as to how urgently this needs to be fixed. :)

then there are of course also those people who from other links and pages, link to their folio on dan... thinking it is complete and all there. so yes, imo this is a very urgent problem :)

ty as always for your great support!

Last edited:
•••
LOL. -- just checked on an old DAN account of mine that I've neglected (holds a few names)..

Just browsing my "second line" options for the seller's box info..

1. Delivers within about 50 years
2. 0 offers received
3. Responds within 21 minutes

I vote #3 for reputation management lmao

•••
For payment plans, does DAN give the seller payments each month? Or only at the end?
What is the period of time that a buyer can change mind and receive a full refund? I wouldn't want to lose a domain and the money from something like this :)

•••
For payment plans, does DAN give the seller payments each month? Or only at the end?
What is the period of time that a buyer can change mind and receive a full refund? I wouldn't want to lose a domain and the money from something like this :)

You receive payments monthly. Once the seller has paid, he cannot change his or her mind AFAIK.

•••
@LaszloSchenk hi, chat unavailable,i need your help for submitting auth code to the buyer. dan .com bot doesnt send auth code.
Thanks

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Has anyone had any success yet with the lease to own option?

•••
Good afternoon all,

We have great news for all users disliking the boxes on the landing pages. We have added an option to disable it.

In order to disable it:
1. visit your general settings
2. go to the landing page tab
3. find the "meet the seller" section and put it on "don't show anything"

Have a great day!

•••
Good afternoon all,

We have great news for all users disliking the boxes on the landing pages. We have added an option to disable it.

In order to disable it:
1. visit your general settings
2. go to the landing page tab
3. find the "meet the seller" section and put it on "don't show anything"

Have a great day!

so just to be clear, now to just disable this box, we also have to automatically disable:
show bio
show domains

correct?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back