IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah... i mean... how can dan say trafic is good to marketplace... when two IDENTICAL Domain lists... one on dan the other on gd... and only one gets offers/sales... and its basicaly dead silence on the other one (Dan).... this doesn't make sense... im sure it happens to many people.... there is a major issue of dan marketplace trafic and exposure... why not concentrate on that instead of landers.. cause it'll mean more sales.

I've had 2-3 sales on Dan when the domains where parked elsewhere, they definitely came from people searching the marketplace not coming via type in. Dan has organic traffic for sure it's just not at GD's levels and it would be unfair to compare one with the other at this time. GD is a monster and spent millions on marketing while Dan is the new kid on the block.

•••
Where is the money? End-users!
Who has most end-users? Registrars!
Who controls most registrar feeds? Afternic! maybe a little SEDO.

So in DAN you will sell only if the end-user comes via a landing page and his registrar has not listed the domain.

Not saying its 100%, but at least 90% of cases

True. But you have to think about DAN as landing page provider, I think it is still better than any other landing page options out there.

However I agree than Dan must evolve from landing page to being a true marketplace, and they should really focus on marketing Dan as the place to go to find domains!

•••
I've had 2-3 sales on Dan when the domains where parked elsewhere, they definitely came from people searching the marketplace not coming via type in. Dan has organic traffic for sure it's just not at GD's levels and it would be unfair to compare one with the other at this time. GD is a monster and spent millions on marketing while Dan is the new kid on the block.

well im not trying to be unfair or anything.. i just would like to invest more time into marketplace exposure.. instead of say lander improvements so many find confusing anyway.... id agree with Ostrados here.. that dan needs to focus on marketing.... and not just sale landers. which so many disapprove of anyway. imo.

•••
Is there any possibile chance that Dan make their own registrar network similar to afternic DLS or Sedo's?
That would be a huge game changer

•••
Is there any possibile chance that Dan make their own registrar network similar to afternic DLS or Sedo's?
That would be a huge game changer

It might be possible depending on Dan's willingness to negotiate with each registrar individually but you should be prepared to pay around 20% in commission instead of 9%. Registrars will have to make profit too...

•••
It might be possible depending on Dan's willingness to negotiate with each registrar individually but you should be prepared to pay around 20% in commission instead of 9%. Registrars will have to make profit too...

Good point, there are probably many factors to consider. If seller could opt-in to partner registrars for higher commission, that would be great option.
Anyway, would like to see something like that on marketplece who cares about progress and constant development.

•••
I think Dan will soon become their own registrar which shall bring new buyers I believe

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for the responses.

As stated before we continuously aim to improve our services and the overall marketplace. We are the fastest-growing marketplace and display continuous steady growth. We will be looking into developing our own registrar and we will make sure to develop it to our user's benefits. In addition, now that the landing pages and new lease to own model, which is working really well already, we can proceed working down our roadmap.

The increase in exposure and marketing is inherent to DAN.COM's growth and will continue to be a focus point amongst others. However, all comes with time and has to be properly implemented and conducted.

Hope you all will have a great day!

•••
Good morning all,

As stated before we continuously aim to improve our services and the overall marketplace. We are the fastest-growing marketplace and display continuous steady growth. We will be looking into developing our own registrar and we will make sure to develop it to our user's benefits. In addition, now that the landing pages and new lease to own model, which is working really well already, we can proceed working down our roadmap.

The increase in exposure and marketing is inherent to DAN.COM's growth and will continue to be a focus point amongst others. However, all comes with time and has to be properly implemented and conducted.

i was not quite aware of your plan to become registrar. i thought it was speculation by others... talk about a major upgrade! :)

is this for this year or a few years away? ty.

•••
Good morning all,

sorry @LAZLO
I really like undeveloped
but I have no clue about DAN

you didn't answer any questions raised here
in terms of landing page issues

when I check the sold domains at dan
I find no.de domains
so: how are .de domain sales doing at dan?

I see sellers of sold domains are using the standard DAN layout - no additional background
how are different backgrounds effecting sales?

Last edited:
•••
Here's an IDEA for DAN to increase sales on the platform - Create an AFFILIATE system > domain admin can choose to allow "affiliate" option in domain setting. Admin can choose the % commission referral fee to be paid out (via PayPal) to referrer. On landing page there could be "refer a buyer and get X% commission!" and person would click on link and get a form to enter their PayPal payment email and then get a unique referral URL generated just for them. Then when a user/affiliate publishes or advertises the unique URL which results in a successful referral sale for the domain name, the "affiliate" would get the specified % commission payout via PayPal after domain sale/transaction has completed. This would be a great way for DAN domain admins to crowdsource advertising/marketing for their domains for sale.

Last edited:
•••
Here's an IDEA for DAN to increase sales on the platform - Create an AFFILIATE system > domain admin can choose to allow "affiliate" option in domain setting. Admin can choose the % commission referral fee to be paid out (via PayPal) to referrer. On landing page there could be "refer a buyer and get X% commission!" and person would click on link and get a form to enter their PayPal payment email and then get a unique referral URL generated just for them. Then when a user/affiliate publishes or advertises the unique URL which results in a successful referral sale for the domain name, the "affiliate" would get the specified % commission payout via PayPal after domain sale/transaction has completed. This would be a great way for DAN domain admins to crowdsource advertising/marketing for their domains for sale.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/reputation-and-trusts-impact-on-sales.1169179/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/professional-outbound.1123275/

•••
@Maxxo it would be easier and better to let the affiliate share the listing and get a commission instead of using a specific affiliate link.

•••
i was not quite aware of your plan to become registrar. i thought it was speculation by others... talk about a major upgrade! :)

is this for this year or a few years away? ty.
Good morning Alcy,

There is no fixed timeline as of now. It was mentioned before and I am confident we will update you in case of any developments.

Have a great weekend!

•••
sorry @LAZLO
I really like undeveloped
but I have no clue about DAN

you didn't answer any questions raised here
in terms of landing page issues

I find no.de domains
so: how are .de domain sales doing at dan?

I see sellers of sold domains are using the standard DAN layout - no additional background
how are different backgrounds effecting sales?
Good morning Frank-germany,

Sorry if I overlooked any of your messages in this thread. Since the release of our new landing pages we have received quite some questions within Namepros that have been answered.

The .DE extension is performing well on our platform. This extension is not equal to the .com and all other major extensions of course but it is performing well. In addition, using a different background (depending on the background) could make your page look more appealing. In some cases, it influences buyer behavior by making a domain look more attractive through the landing page.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Good morning Maxxo and Windoms,

Thank you for your suggestions and input. I have made sure to forward it to our product team for reviewal.

Hope you both have a great weekend.

•••
Good morning Frank-germany,

Sorry if I overlooked any of your messages in this thread. Since the release of our new landing pages we have received quite some questions within Namepros that have been answered.

The .DE extension is performing well on our platform. This extension is not equal to the .com and all other major extensions of course but it is performing well. In addition, using a different background (depending on the background) could make your page look more appealing. In some cases, it influences buyer behavior by making a domain look more attractive through the landing page.

Have a great weekend.

I was hoping to get numbers..and facts

do you have german-speaking support?

what percentage are .de domain sales
how many leasing sales do you currently have for .de domains?
what percentage of sales had changed background color?

will you offer a selection of landing pages
like: switch back to the old undeveloped way?

will you offer a deselecting of the 2 boxes ( a switch-off )

-quote_
This extension is not equal to the .com and all other major extensions of course but it is performing well.
-end-quote

this to me reads:
we don't have many .de sales

you want to improve the german translation on your page

upload_2020-1-31_11-19-2.png

but I'd rather completely skip that red text part
and would love to change it to the undeveloped way
"Ich würde diese Domain zu folgendem Preis kaufen:"

-my offer on the domain is:-

as I need to make sales for a living
those questions are vital to me
it's not a hobby for me

personally I don't like the changes at all
unless you have proven facts
that those lander perform better
- in the .de market -
which I highly doubt

Last edited:
•••
I'm not a fan of the changes that Dan's recently made either. However, with their cost structure they should be aligned with us and want to maximize the sell thru rate. So I can only guess they've tested these changes and they all have improved the sell thru rate...

Things I don't like:
Marketplace
- Displaying the "now" next to every price, clutters it up. I understand they're trying to differentiate from the installments option, but even when there aren't any installments shown the "now" is still there.
- The logo icon is using the default color in the circle, rather than pulling from the uploaded logo (must be a bug). Actually probably should just remove the logo icons on each listing in the marketplace, draws unnecessary attention. Or grey them out, like the company text.
- The filter picker in the left is displaying Euro for it's selector. I display everything in USD though. Think this was a bug before.

Listing page
- The meet the owner boxes. These seem to busy up the pages. I'd really like to have the ability to turn these off.

•••
@Maxxo it would be easier and better to let the affiliate share the listing and get a commission instead of using a specific affiliate link.

Yes, I agree. This is what I meant. And a unique referral URL/link for each domain name advertised by affiliate will make it easy to give commission/payment to the correct affiliate who helped sell the domain name.

•••
The "domain boxes" (Meet The Seller & Domain Expert) NEED TO GO! 100% unneeded

Just clutters up the page and adds confusion

&

Easily confuses any Endures whom, reads too quickly & or has a more understanding of the language, PLUS when they realize that they can't even "Click " on to the "Domain Expert" to have a chat, it leads to more frustration and confusion.

Some endusers will "Assume " The "Domain Seller" & "Domain Expert" are the Same person (which they are not).

•••
I got an email offer for one of my domains on Dan.com. I would like to make the sale via Dan, so I sent the buyer to the landing page (I'm not sure why he contacted me via email in the first place when a Dan lander exists, but whatever). The problem is that the buyer would like to receive an invoice, and I'm not sure if Dan.com can issue one. @LaszloSchenk, could you please help me with this?

•••
I got an email offer for one of my domains on Dan.com. I would like to make the sale via Dan, so I sent the buyer to the landing page (I'm not sure why he contacted me via email in the first place when a Dan lander exists, but whatever). The problem is that the buyer would like to receive an invoice, and I'm not sure if Dan.com can issue one. @LaszloSchenk, could you please help me with this?
DAN issues an invoice to both buyer and seller.
I think it includes your business name and address.

edit: just checked. It does include an invoice.
Date
Reference #
Buyer name and address.
Seller name and address.
Domain name.
Purchase Price.
DAN's details

Last edited:
•••
DAN issues an invoice to both buyer and seller.
I think it includes your business name and address.

edit: just checked. It does include an invoice.
Date
Reference #
Buyer name and address.
Seller name and address.
Domain name.
Purchase Price.
DAN's details

Thank you very much :) I've logged in to my account and checked my previous sale, and in fact there are 2 invoices. Now I can show the buyer how the invoice looks like. Thanks again!

•••

the invoice is auto created and is available within the system

•••
I was hoping to get numbers..and facts

do you have german-speaking support?

what percentage are .de domain sales
how many leasing sales do you currently have for .de domains?
what percentage of sales had changed background color?

will you offer a selection of landing pages
like: switch back to the old undeveloped way?

will you offer a deselecting of the 2 boxes ( a switch-off )

-quote_
This extension is not equal to the .com and all other major extensions of course but it is performing well.
-end-quote

this to me reads:
we don't have many .de sales

you want to improve the german translation on your page

Show attachment 143282

but I'd rather completely skip that red text part
and would love to change it to the undeveloped way
"Ich würde diese Domain zu folgendem Preis kaufen:"

-my offer on the domain is:-

as I need to make sales for a living
those questions are vital to me
it's not a hobby for me

personally I don't like the changes at all
unless you have proven facts
that those lander perform better
- in the .de market -
which I highly doubt
Good morning @frank-germany,

Currently, 96.809 .de domains are listed for sale on the platform. Roughly 40% of these domains are parked on the platform as well. I do not have the actuals on all .de domains sold and how many of the sold domains actually changed their background.

In addition, thank you very much for the feedback regarding the translations. I will forward it to our product team straight away. Lastly, we will always have users that love the changes or dislike the changes imposed. However, the changes made are imposed based on what we have received in terms of feedback over the years. The landing pages are only a week old and it needs time proving itself to you and other users. In addition, it is a first release and improvements will keep getting added to it.

Best regards,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back