NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Nikhil Jain

Nikhil Jain Top Contributor VIP

I still don't get your point. This process has always been there with DAN even earlier. Nothing new.

Below is the email once the email verification link is clicked, seller received the offer on the domain, and buyer receives the below email. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.22.01 PM.png

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

There is something that I suspect causes many to abandon the making offer form: you need to enter you phone number, many ppl do not like to share their phone number and consider it private thing.

Phone number is usually only asked at checkout when you enter payment method details, I dont think it is wise to put it in inquiry form.

3. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

If your a company, making a purchase......your going to leave a #

Im not worried about mom and pop shops down the corner

4. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

It is not about companies vs individuals. My point is that: You ask for phone number at the right place and time (ex: checkout) not in landing page.

5. DomainBarracksRob

OMG

MY point was.....on a EFTY /bodis lander........I can receive a email and commnicate with a Buyer, just by them landing on my page, filling out and hit send! BOOM

Offer VIA DAN...( you will not know who the buyers is but you as in your IMAGE have to communicate THROUGH DANS PANEL)

What is so hard to understand?

you fill out my efty page, I can reply to your Personal Email and have your INFO

IF you send me a offer THROUGH DAN

Even IF I REPLY....& IF YOU Do not respond THROUGH DAN............I will NOT HERE BACK from you!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  6. DomainBarracksRob

Go back to Business 101

7. Nikhil Jain

Nikhil Jain Top Contributor VIP

My point is simple. That these processes and method of communication have always been this way with Efty and DAN/Undeveloped respectively. Nothing new in there is all I am saying. This is not something that has happened with DAN today. It was always in place.

8. DomainBarracksRob

Correct! If you go BACK to my first post

All I said is that I REALIZED as far as MAKE OFFERS go...that "what is already in place" is another "HURRDLE" as oppose to Make Offer via private lander.

once again, I'm not the one confused.

I simply made an Observation

9. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

Good point. I agree with you. There should be minimal friction to get a lead from prospective buyers. Or at least DAN could make this an option in the settings (require phone # yes/no).

Also the pop-up buyer sees when submitting offer is "My offer is legally binding and I accept the terms of use". This is another a lead killer. This message should be shown to the prospective buyer after the sale price has been negotiated with the domain owner.

10. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

Feature suggestion for DAN options/settings > for sale landing page - have an option to change the color/theme of landing pages in bulk so sellers don't have to do this manually one at a time.

11. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

undeveloped:

left hand input box
    asking for
    My offer for this domain is:
    ( great text )

NO DAN all over
    ( aka no undeveloped all over )

upload_2020-1-27_16-21-8.png

DAN:

dan all over
    input box right hand

a lot of stuff in the middle

text in image
    the domain xxx is for sale

for some domains its better not tell people its for sale

upload_2020-1-27_16-25-45.png

12. DNGear

DNGear Domainnaut VIP

Could we get leads if they weren't confirmed their email?(like efty, uniregistry)

13. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

This could be another option in the settings > for sale landing page > "require email verification to submit offer? yes/no

14. main

main Top Contributor VIP

How do I disable the "DAN.COM Domain Expert at your service" box?

This is creating friction for sellers that don't redirect their buyers DAN's internal sales pages and don't have a chat widget.

Buyers that read someone is "at their service" have an expectation they can easily reach the broker, but there is no easy way to contact them. It is removing the impulse buy. Please allow ability to disable this.

I prefer the previous site design.

15. namemarket

namemarket Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Asking for phone number on inquiry form is a big mistake. It's too early for that but OK on checkout after price is accepted of course. Many buyers will give a fake number or worse yet abandon the inquiry form never to be heard from again.

16. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

click sales activity tab
    then the big blue box called ADD LEAD
    then follow instructions.

17. namemarket

namemarket Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

A few observations ion this subject. The so called chat icon is not identified as CHAT. Many people will not know it's a chat icon. In fact, the first few times I noticed it I also didn't realize it. It should say CHAT on icon.

Also, the Domain Expert is a great addition, imo but why does it not say how how to contact the expert? Lacking that makes it of little if any value,

18. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

Feature idea for DAN > Create ability for sellers to create/accept "promo codes" for discount off price like 10%, etc... this way sellers can advertise/market on different platforms and offer commissions to other sites for referrals. Promo codes are great way to track referrals.

Either that or some sort of ability for sellers to offer affiliate referral codes/links and pay commissions to affiliates who help find successful buyers per domain. Seems like the right sort of affiliate option could dramatically boost domain sales on the DAN platform. Heck, it worked pretty well for Amazon.

19. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

agreed.
    dan just collecting data for own needs..

20. Maxxo

Maxxo Established Member

"Domain buyer at DAN do not have to..." - is bad English grammar.
    Should read either "Domain buyers at DAN do not..." or "Domain buyer at DAN does not..."

This is a really basic English grammar mistake that makes a bad impression on prospective buyer.

21. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

same is true for some german parts

22. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Private seller
    Member since over 1 year

^^ not even proper english, since over 1 year..

Pictures worth 100 words, and no matter what language you speak, pretty easy to see things are not looking better for us, your customers. I been watching italia dot pro as that name was discussed in this thread as an example/issue member was having. It goes to the same place as my .com's

https://dan.com/users/settings/for_sale in here
    Meet the seller box
    Set what you like to see in your meet the seller box
    My options are quite limited. first line now says Member since over 1 year
    Second line I have changed to the drop down option >Delivers in three days( thats there because thats how long it took your automated system to do its job for 2 sales i had there)
    Yet I scroll down my lander and it says get this name in 24 hours.
    That must look really good to a buyer(n)
    https://blockchaincertificate.ca/ is my test name

23. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Good morning Alcy,

The redirect will ensure the pages load slower. Faster loading time will ensure a better experience of course.

Regarding the finding through our search, we have put our main focus on optimizing the landing page. They index extremely well ensuring that all parked users are easily found through search engines like Google for example. With an inventory of over 5 million domains, keyword searches through the DAN.COM search will produce a lot of results. It, therefore, ensures you are competing with many other options as well f course.

The statement that DAN.COM does not invest in marketplace growth and traffic is not factually based. Our unique visits/traffic is growing rapidly and steadily on a monthly basis. Even though our client base grows the traffic increase is not coherent to it as it actually is higher.

Sorry to hear that you find the new landing pages and rebranding became too complicated. However, the results speak for themselves. We have the easiest, low-barrier setup for your users in play. As a buyer, there is fairly no boundary imposed on them in order to submit an offer. We received quite some requests to increase these barriers which we refused to do as again the results speak for themselves. Asking for a phone number is quite basic in any type of online inquiry form. It is not negatively influencing your buyer interaction at all. Rather, it ensures we can chase your buyers/leads when required not only by email but through the phone as well.

The new landing pages received a tremendous amount of positive remarks and already we see the added value in this due to the amount of new lease to own transactions realized since the release.

Best regards,

24. LaszloSchenk

Good morning Davidc1,

You are absolutely right. As a seller you can import both a lead and a transaction. If a negotiation was not concluded yet you can import a lead ensuring the negotiation window is opened. Once a deal is concluded you can import a transaction ensuring the buyer is redirected to your checkout straight away.

Have a great week.

25. LaszloSchenk

Good morning Domeen,

We already do this for many new tld-s or cctld-s. Depending on the extension we might already have an escrow account with an allocated registrar or we will find a new one that suits the needs of the domain. Regardless, the process will remain the same and we will take full control of the domain during the lease / installment plan.

Have a great day.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice