NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I heard a rumor on another site that DAN was longer providing invoices (with personal info) to potential buyers until AFTER the domain has been paid for, but I wanted to confirm that info from the source.

I think everyone has realized that DAN had/has become the target of identity thieves/data miners looking for personal info on domainers and I have been extremely careful with foreign buyers (usually sending them to brokerage) rather than just accepting sketchy offers "just to see what happens".

P.S. Absolutely NONE of those offers ever panned out with brokerage, and the (cough) "buyers" had some pretty wild excuses on why they were deadbeats (i.e. identity thieves). :xf.rolleyes:

I have noticed that over the last few months or so the seemingly-unending stream of "Sketchy Offers" has cut off abruptly, but I wanted to make absolutely sure the DAN invoices are being sent post-payment.

Thanks.

@DAN.COM

•••
I heard a rumor on another site that DAN was longer providing invoices (with personal info) to potential buyers until AFTER the domain has been paid for, but I wanted to confirm that info from the source.

@DAN.COM

Still waiting for an answer.

•••
Good morning @DomainRecap,
To continue to protect sellers on our platform, in July, we shared that the transacting party was to be updated, effective July 13. This change means that domain buyers only see their details and Dan's details on their invoices.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Good morning @DomainRecap,
To continue to protect sellers on our platform, in July, we shared that the transacting party was to be updated, effective July 13. This change means that domain buyers only see their details and Dan's details on their invoices.

Thank you very much for confirming this, as your statement is much clearer and to the point than what appeared in the linked DAN Update.

•••
Hello, I have all my domain names on afternic and then use the dan landers, of course there is always the issue of a certain % when I add them have a previous owner from dan attached and showing their info and prices, so I have to call and get it removed to fix.

But I have a current issue with 2 of my domains names, that when I switch to the dan lander I get a message:

upstream connect error or disconnect , etc.

Someone from dan today said something about an A record for cash parking was causing this, but didn't get more info.

What needs to be done to fix this, even after they removed previous dan user, still remains.

Thanks.

•••
Please add more crypto payment method alternatives instead of BitPay.

They're terrible!

•••
Why is there a banner ad for GoDaddy auction event showing up on the top
of the page on DAN ? You are supposed to be featuring our domains not auctions. Super unprofessional looking.

Last edited:
•••
Why is there a banner ad for GoDaddy auction event showing up on the top
of the page on DAN ? You are supposed to be featuring our domains not auctions. Super unprofessional looking.

Where is that showing up? I can see it on my landers or the DN front page.

Oh I see it now, they're advertising to domain investors on the Dashboard:

1701895907932.png

I'm not sure what I think about that, as opposed to being horrified if Dan was abusing user traffic by advertising on Sales Landers.

I'll stay in the middle on this debate, neither pro nor con, assuming it stays on the Dashboard and doesn't go any further. .

Last edited:
•••
How long is the pay out time now for sales of domains pointing to Dan servers ? It used to be a day or two, presumably Godaddy have increased it like they have with LTO sales ?

•••
How long is the pay out time now for sales of domains pointing to Dan servers ? It used to be a day or two, presumably Godaddy have increased it like they have with LTO sales ?

Once the funds are approved and released, it's always been within 24 hours for me for GD to send payment.

What GD has done is extend their payment authorization period, likely due to fraud. It used to take half a day or less to authorize a small payment, now it can take days.

Last edited:
•••
Please add more crypto payment method alternatives instead of BitPay.

They're terrible!
Good afternoon @kor,
Thanks for your feedback for BitPay. We're sticking with BitPay as a sustainable solution to offer crypto payouts, but we'll continue to monitor our providers.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Good afternoon @doofer,
We pride ourselves on fast sales closing. If you want to check in on your transaction status, we're ready to help you at https://dan.com/contact

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
We're sticking with BitPay as a sustainable solution to offer crypto payouts, but we'll continue to monitor our providers.

A sustainable provider which has 1.4/5 rate at trustpilot.com and full of hateful comments!

They couldn't even done a simple KYC for 2 weeks and does not reply to my support requests.

Pretty neat!

•••
@DAN.COM Any idea why (my NS have been set to to dan NS for a week now) the landing page is stuck at using an afternic landing page? I even deleted the domain, added the verify.hn nameserver, and it still wont change. I just added the domain manually, and still get the afternic lander. :oops:

•••
@DAN.COM Any idea why (my NS have been set to to dan NS for a week now) the landing page is stuck at using an afternic landing page? I even deleted the domain, added the verify.hn nameserver, and it still wont change. I just added the domain manually, and still get the afternic lander. :oops:
Good morning @A1EX,
That's a strange one! Could you send the domain to our support team (https://dan.com/contact) for us to look at?

Best regards
Dan.com

•••
•••
Update: Solved, "A" record stuck on Dan's end. Support said very rare, but can happen. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Most of my domains points to DAN's NS, I've noticed certificate issue, so most of my domains can't be loaded in https by default, how to fix this? Should I switch to default NS first and point to Dan again?

•••
If a domain sells on an LTO at a discounted commission rate for example over 13 months (ie 10%) but the domain is NOT pointing to Dan servers, is the commission rate 10% as above or still 25% due to not pointing to Dan servers !?

•••
Have Dan stopped sending buyer reminders?

Recent "non sale" no reminder was sent to "buyer" asking to respond to offer.

Is this normal now GD has taken over?

Actually, also day 5 on a Sedo "buyer" no reminder sent.

Did not expect sale on either as lowball offers but no reason for marketplace not to follow up?

•••
Good afternoon @kor,
Thanks for your feedback for BitPay. We're sticking with BitPay as a sustainable solution to offer crypto payouts, but we'll continue to monitor our providers.

Best regards,
Dan.com
Hi,

What about Binance Pay?

1703609162978.png

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM - on the DAN seller dashboard > my domains > options > change view > here we can modify to show/hide our preferred columns. Why can't DAN remember our preferred view? Preferred view is stored in browser but that's not a good solution since many users clear browser cache regularly. DAN needs to offer ability for users to save their preferred options/change view as their default view. Agree or disagree? Or, I guess upvote or like if you agree. Trying to get DAN to pay attention.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@DAN.COM - on the DAN seller dashboard > my domains > options > change view > here we can modify to show/hide our preferred columns. Why can't DAN remember our preferred view? Preferred view is stored in browser but that's not a good solution since many users clear browser cache regularly. DAN needs to offer ability for users to save their preferred options/change view as their default view. Agree or disagree? Or, I guess upvote or like if you agree. Trying to get DAN to pay attention.
Good afternoon @Maxxo
Your user experience is insightful, but we have no plans to change that customization at this time.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back