Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM twitter saying you scamming buyers twitter.com/StartupsCompany
Domains added to Dan.com by Chinese scammers

•••
I tried to purchase some domains on Dan.com and what i found after inserted my details the button NEXT after capcha is not working just disabled so impossible to send offers. I contacted to godaddy and button was unblocked..

So guys if you're thinking why your domains not selling on dan.com it's because they are blocking buyer offers.

Last edited:
•••
I tried to purchase some domains on Dan.com and what i found after inserted my details the button NEXT after capcha is not working just disabled so impossible to send offers. I contacted to godaddy and button was unblocked..

So guys if you're thinking why your domains not selling on dan.com it's because they are blocking buyer offers.
So Dan’s blocking domain sales cause they don’t want to earn money ?
That makes sense

•••
Dan also can blocking or holding some offers for several days on your domains. This is 100% true it was in 2021.
I do not trust this platform anymore.

Last edited:
•••
This platform is created mostly for money laundering exchange crypto to usd etc.. Thats why it was sold by Reza.
Jmho

•••
Good afternoon @Maxxo
Your user experience is insightful, but we have no plans to change that customization at this time.

Best regards,
Dan.com
Too bad. I guess it's possible to use ad blocker like AdGuard extension to hide undesired columns from being displayed in the domains for sale view. So I'll try that instead.

•••
Good afternoon @doofer,
We pride ourselves on fast sales closing. If you want to check in on your transaction status, we're ready to help you at https://dan.com/contact

Best regards,
Dan.com
A couple of days short of one month and still counting. Probably we have different understanding about the meaning of 'fast closing sales'. Exactly what dan was doing better than afternic and godaddy, now it's way worse than they were, if it's even possible something like this.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk DAN has done a nice job adding new bulk domain pricing tools for sellers. How about adding a feature where we can set minimum offer to be X% of our set BIN price? For example, we could update all checked items in domain list to be minimum offer = 25% of the BIN price. Great way for sellers to test different strategies to maximize their closing rate/sales for their particular domain portfolio.

What do you think of this idea? Thanks

•••
@LaszloSchenk DAN has done a nice job adding new bulk domain pricing tools for sellers. How about adding a feature where we can set minimum offer to be X% of our set BIN price? For example, we could update all checked items in domain list to be minimum offer = 25% of the BIN price. Great way for sellers to test different strategies to maximize their closing rate/sales for their particular domain portfolio.

That's a great idea!

•••
@DAN.COM your UI is so havy impossible to use your website on mobile. Absolutely awful.

•••

Good afternoon @Maxxo,
We'll present this to our product managers for consideration, thank you for your idea!

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Deleted

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk I see there it a large notice at top of DAN website saying you're closed for Martin Luther King day. Is DAN now mostly operated by USA (Godaddy) based workers? What percentage of the DAN employees are still based in Europe?

•••
@LaszloSchenk I see there it a large notice at top of DAN website saying you're closed for Martin Luther King day. Is DAN now mostly operated by USA (Godaddy) based workers? What percentage of the DAN employees are still based in Europe?
Good afternoon @Maxxo,
Like many global platforms, we have employees in multiple countries, and we have done so for quite some time. Due to MLK day, we can confirm that we won't be offering phone support between 5 pm and 11 pm CET today.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
I have been testing my Dan domains from time to time and I have noticed that some are being added to Avast and blocked under URL: Blacklist. So instead of loading the Dan lander it blocks it entirely.

@DAN.COM

These are all domains I've owned for years and have only forwarded to Dan.

Is this some bad actor/angry buyer emailing Avast about my domains or is this happening due to using Dan nameservers that also serve zero-click ads or similar and Avast using a blanket method of blocking them?

Either way it's getting more and more prevalent and it can only have a negative effect on sales. Worst of all, there is no way to know which ones are blocked unless you manually go through your entire portfolio.

If anyone has the same problem, go here and report the domain block as a false-positive. I've been doing that lately and they all get cleared up, but more seem to get added.

https://www.avast.com/en-ca/false-positive-file-form.php

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else getting next to zero traffic on Dan !?

•••
Anyone else getting next to zero traffic on Dan !?

If you don't forward your traffic for Dan you probably won't get any inherent buyer traffic and the only marketplace that would is GoDaddy.

If you are forwarding to Dan, then you might want to check to see of your domains are now on the virus checker blacklists at Avast, AVG, McAfee, etc.

Last edited:
•••
If you don't forward your traffic for Dan you probably won't get any inherent buyer traffic and the only marketplace that would is GoDaddy.

If you are forwarding to Dan, then you might want to check to see of your domains are now on the virus checker blacklists at Avast, AVG, McAfee, etc.

Have you contacted DAN's support with some examples?

•••
Have you contacted DAN's support with some examples?

Nope, I'm spending more time correcting my domains with Avast and waiting for a response to my question posted above.

I did look at the generic IP for DAN and found it was blacklisted on a few DNS sites, mostly due to a perceived lack of security on the mail side.

•••
Nope, I'm spending more time correcting my domains with Avast and waiting for a response to my question posted above.

I did look at the generic IP for DAN and found it was blacklisted on a few DNS sites, mostly due to a perceived lack of security on the mail side.

Ok, I hope you get a response from @DAN.COM on this thread

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
Can i use marketplace funds for another domain buys?
Scenario :
I sold my domain on Dan, funds added to my Dan account no need withdrawal.
I bought another domain from another user with my marketplace funds.

•••
Got a reply. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
Can i use marketplace funds for another domain buys?
Scenario :
I sold my domain on Dan, funds added to my Dan account no need withdrawal.
I bought another domain from another user with my marketplace funds.
Good afternoon @USA,
We don't offer that service. In order for domain name sales to close, Dan.com needs to send you the funds.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
I have been testing my Dan domains from time to time and I have noticed that some are being added to Avast and blocked under URL: Blacklist. So instead of loading the Dan lander it blocks it entirely.

@DAN.COM

These are all domains I've owned for years and have only forwarded to Dan.

Is this some bad actor/angry buyer emailing Avast about my domains or is this happening due to using Dan nameservers that also serve zero-click ads or similar and Avast using a blanket method of blocking them?

Either way it's getting more and more prevalent and it can only have a negative effect on sales. Worst of all, there is no way to know which ones are blocked unless you manually go through your entire portfolio.

If anyone has the same problem, go here and report the domain block as a false-positive. I've been doing that lately and they all get cleared up, but more seem to get added.

https://www.avast.com/en-ca/false-positive-file-form.php
Good afternoon @DomainRecap,
This is a helpful report, thank you. You are always welcome to send examples to our team through dan.com/contact for investigation. We will also alert our developers.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Bitpay ID verification process does not work and the support team does not help in any way. All they do is copy and paste answers like robots.

I don't understand why you insist on working with these clowns.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back