Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@LaszloSchenk on DAN admin > my domains > options > change view > table view settings > we can adjust the view how we like to see the list domains for sale. This is nice feature as we can modify display by eliminating unwanted items (like Template, Currency, Display, etc) which makes nice to simplify the view so easy to see on one screen.

There is just one problem. DAN does not save the table view settings on the server side so when the user clears their browser cache their table view settings are all lost. This means that the user has to change the table view settings every time they login to view "my domains".

Is there some reason why DAN can't save the user table view preferences on server side so that user will always see their preferred/saved table view settings? This is just one of those little factors that all add up to make a better more user friendly experience for users.

•••
1. Will DAN listings show for checkout on Godaddy at some point?

2. Some DAN listings show make offer field when BIN is set, others do not. What am I missing to toggle make offer option when BIN price exists?

•••
@LaszloSchenk on DAN admin > my domains > options > change view > table view settings > we can adjust the view how we like to see the list domains for sale. This is nice feature as we can modify display by eliminating unwanted items (like Template, Currency, Display, etc) which makes nice to simplify the view so easy to see on one screen.

There is just one problem. DAN does not save the table view settings on the server side so when the user clears their browser cache their table view settings are all lost. This means that the user has to change the table view settings every time they login to view "my domains".

Is there some reason why DAN can't save the user table view preferences on server side so that user will always see their preferred/saved table view settings? This is just one of those little factors that all add up to make a better more user friendly experience for users.
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will make sure to relay this internally to our product team for you as I can see why this would be useful.

Enjoy the week ahead!

•••
1. Will DAN listings show for checkout on Godaddy at some point?

2. Some DAN listings show make offer field when BIN is set, others do not. What am I missing to toggle make offer option when BIN price exists?
Good morning @lambo.com,

We have no news to share regarding these changes. However, we will make sure to notify all our users in case something like that is on the roadmap. In addition, if you see deviations to your default settings with regard to your listings, there are manual configurations in play. In order to overcome this, you would need to visit your my domains section, select all domain names, and use the bulk pricing tools to disable all make offers.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our support directly!

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @lambo.com,

We have no news to share regarding these changes. However, we will make sure to notify all our users in case something like that is on the roadmap. In addition, if you see deviations to your default settings with regard to your listings, there are manual configurations in play. In order to overcome this, you would need to visit your my domains section, select all domain names, and use the bulk pricing tools to disable all make offers.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our support directly!
Thanks fren, I learned what I needed from your message.

The brandable theme UX is my favorite of the landing pages you have and I configured some BODIS parking on a few choice domains this week. 😍

Last edited:
•••
I messaged you regarding a domain. Please take a look @LaszloSchenk

•••
Anybody else getting "Technology failed" when trying to view their portfolio ?

2022-08-18 08_27_37-Portfolio _ Dan.com.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It would have been a lot more comforting if they stated they work working feverishly...lol

Last edited:
•••
refreshing from toolbar seems to resolve it

•••
Anyone know how to get the right-side Toolbar back in the My Domains section?

I closed it and now it seems to be gone.

Last edited:
•••
Dan allows for Google Analytics in its integrations. However the new GA4 seems to have a different tracker ID.

The old one starts with UA and the new one with G. If you enter the new GA4 tracker, Dan calls it invalid and does not accept it.

How do you set up GA4 in Dan ?

•••
There are two fields, Tracker and Measurement and I remember having a non-standard tracking ID and it worked in one of them, likely Measurement.

Then again, Dan may have changed things since then.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know how to get the right-side Toolbar to come back in the My Domains section?

@LaszloSchenk

•••
Anyone know how to get the right-side Toolbar to come back in the My Domains section?

@LaszloSchenk
dan has a video on vimeo. it might help...have you tried adjusting your screen size?
-

Last edited:
•••
dan has a video on vimeo. it might help...have you tried adjusting your screen size?

Nevermind it's just Dan somehow enabling the Edge sidebar, even though I have it disabled by default.

This has happened a couple of times, where I load up the My Domains pages and the right Edge sidebar floats out. I knew I had it disabled and haven't seen it for a while, so I mistakenly thought it was a new Dan feature.

Now, as to why that particular Dan page is enabling the disabled Edge sidebar is a question for the ages.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like the new Dan PPC stuff is turned on. But if I set a domain in my dashboard to show ads, the domain does not resolve.

Example: cocktailmixing.com

This site can’t be reached dan.cocktailmixing.com’s server IP address could not be found.

url shows up as: http://dan.cocktailmixing.com

Anybody else see this ?

•••
It looks like the new Dan PPC stuff is turned on. But if I set a domain in my dashboard to show ads, the domain does not resolve.

Example: cocktailmixing.com

This site can’t be reached dan.cocktailmixing.com’s server IP address could not be found.

url shows up as: http://dan.cocktailmixing.com

Anybody else see this ?

Yes, I get the same result.

•••
I've heard this mentioned before, however IMO the negative Trustpilot reviews are potentially reducing conversion rates.

A lot of negative reviews lately that seem to stick around for days as "most relevant", when in reality it seems they just post more text.

Some of these reviews seem to be from disgruntled buyers leaving low ratings because they were unable to obtain their dream name for $100

•••
Yes, I get the same result.
If i try to delete the domain and re-add it, the "bulk actions" show it stuck in a "to do" mode.

Last edited:
•••
If i try to delete the domain and re-add it, the "bulk actions" show it stuck in a "to do" mode.

Definitely contact them directly about all of this (if you haven't already).

Good luck

•••
Those of you using Dan and have enabled PPC, you should be getting an email from Godaddy. I dont know if we have to follow the dns portion of it as we already pointing to dan. At this point I just did the "Sign in and verify your CashParking account." and "Go to Payee Settings in the Settings tab to set up and edit your payee info."

Basically its this:

How to finish setting up your CashParking.

There are a few things you've got to do to start monetizing your domains.

1. Sign in and verify your CashParking account.

2. Click on the CashParking tab.

3. Add domains to your account.

4. Go to Payee Settings in the Settings tab to set up and edit your payee info.

5. Update your DNS or CNAME settings.

You can start here.
Updating your DNS or CNAME settings.

There are a few ways to do this, so just pick the one that works best for you.

1. If your domains are registered with GoDaddy, open the GoDaddy Domain Manager to set your nameservers to ns01.cashparking.com and ns02.cashparking.com.

2. If your domains aren't registered with GoDaddy, follow your registrar's instructions to point your domains to GoDaddy's cashparking nameservers, ns01.cashparking.com and ns02.cashparking.com.

3. If you're using CashParking with a monetization service requiring use of a CNAME, navigate to CNAME Settings under Settings and follow the steps outlined there.

Hopefully you're good to go, but if you've got questions, we've got FAQs.

Last edited:
•••
PPC routing seems to be working now. I turned mine off for now until Dan confirms "all is well".

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for reporting your findings regarding this.

In our email notifications we informed you of how the migration from our hybrid pages to GoDaddy CashParking involved a few different steps as opposed to a normal GoDaddy CashParking signup. Only our nameservers are required to be added and our Shopper ID added to your general settings in the Integrations section. Once that is done, the transfer to their premium service is free. It will however, require some time for those pages to propagate again. You can find the instructions in our blog as well

If you do encounter problems after 24 hours, please contact our support and they will make sure to assist you in getting all set up.

Have a great day!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back