Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The installments feature is especially interesting to me. Sure would be great to get some MRR going. I hadn't even known that was an option before Dan. I got most of my domains listed on there now and I made them my landing page for one of my most promising domains.
The installments feature is totally worth it. 22.3% of my sales revenue so far in 2022 is coming from installments.

•••
I deleted all my names from Dan in May. To see if anyone would add them. K, one i kept there for reference
4 were added, by 3 different accounts. One of my names was listed by this account and i simply deleted it from Dan.com it never left my posession
https://dan.com/domain-seller/ceae175c-8df4-442a-b5f7-811fa977aa47?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Why are you letting people add 100's of thousands of names to your marketplace they dont own?

Still 2 other accounts that listed 3 other names I own but simply deleted from Dan.com marketplace

•••
One of my drops -15 days (namesilo)been picked up by this account
If you toggle between the two tabs of links below, it appears username is identical, just colour different and end url is different.
https://dan.com/domain-seller/cffc8...a5?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=9600 (-15 days expired at namesilo)
https://dan.com/domain-seller/cffc8...a5?&results=50&order_by=relevance&offset=9600 (active domain of mine reg at namesilo)

$650 bin for every name. Even the ones they dont own. Very rare to see drop lister putting BIN on a name they dont own but i did have low bin before i dumped it.

•••
Why are you letting people add 100's of thousands of names to your marketplace they dont own?
It has been mentioned a lot of times in this thread. Dan still did not implement dns check for domains without conflicts. Why? Maybe Dan has no issues with such listings (if it is makeoffer on Dan and they fail to acquire the domain from rightful owner - then there would be no sale and no refund to be processed should fake listing be sold... If they do - it would be another sale for Dan)?
But, with this -
$650 bin for every name. Even the ones they dont own.
the above logic (which I disagree with) is not applicable.

•••
Good morning @tonyk2000 & @masterOfDomains,

Thank you for notifying us.

As mentioned before, we maintain a low-barrier platform to ensure a frictionless experience for all users. As such we expect users to only add domains that they personally own as there is no benefit in it for them to add domain names they do not own, considering they cannot be sold. To ensure you as an owner can bypass an invalid listing the ownership verification records have been added.

In addition, we continuously add processes to spot these listers and deal with them after inspecting their account. The seller as mentioned by @masterOfDomains got removed from the platform and their access was revoked permanently.

Soon, additional processes will be introduced that will reduce the chances of any such listers appearing again significantly as well.

All the best,

•••
Now that we have Dan & Godaddy PPC, where and how do we monitor it ? If I go to godaddy's PPC pages I dont see any domains listed. But if I enable PPC for a domain at Dan, visiting that domain shows the PPC is active with clickable links.

What am I missing ?

Last edited:
•••
Now that we have Dan & Godaddy PPC, where and how do we monitor it ? If I go to godaddy's PPC pages I dont see any domains listed. But if I enable PPC for a domain at Dan, visiting that domain shows the PPC is active with clickable links.

What am I missing ?
Good morning,

Anything related to the ADS in terms of traffic and revenue for example, is presented in your CashParking account/dashboard. We solely focus on the for-sale lander that is linked to it. The concept is the same as with the former hybrid pages where Bodis was in charge of all AD-related activities.

Have a nice day.

•••
One of my drops -15 days (namesilo)been picked up by this account
If you toggle between the two tabs of links below, it appears username is identical, just colour different and end url is different.
Good morning @tonyk2000 & @masterOfDomains,

Thank you for notifying us.

As mentioned before, we maintain a low-barrier platform to ensure a frictionless experience for all users. As such we expect users to only add domains that they personally own as there is no benefit in it for them to add domain names they do not own, considering they cannot be sold. To ensure you as an owner can bypass an invalid listing the ownership verification records have been added.

In addition, we continuously add processes to spot these listers and deal with them after inspecting their account. The seller as mentioned by @masterOfDomains got removed from the platform and their access was revoked permanently.

Soon, additional processes will be introduced that will reduce the chances of any such listers appearing again significantly as well.

All the best,
Thank you for responding to this issue. Having those account owners permanently banned probably makes the most sense, and sends a clear message from your company that such shenanigans will not be tolerated.

•••

Dan.com Unveils Global Brokerage Team to Build Value for Domain Investors​

1 September 2022, 10:10 (CEST)

Dan.com, one of the leading global domain aftermarkets, has been committed to innovation and excellence in the domain industry since its inception in 2014. Now, Dan.com is set to launch a powerful and streamlined brokerage team for their domain sellers around the world.

Driven by the idea of putting customers first, the Dan.com brokerage team will combine exceptional domain selling expertise with unparalleled speed and response time, all to deliver increased revenue for Dan.com's domain investors.

With a deep knowledge of domains, this best-in-class team of brokers has already closed over $200 million in sales and will work to take Dan.com and its sellers to the next level. By leveraging a team of domain experts who speak 11 languages and cover 20 hours per day, the Dan.com brokerage team brings an unrivaled global skillset to each potential domain deal, ensuring sellers reach their full potential with their portfolios.

As a result of this launch, Dan.com will discontinue its partnership with Media Options as of September 1st, 2022, and will actively offer the Dan.com brokerage team from that point forward.

For Dan.com sellers, the process of enabling the brokerage team will remain the same. Nothing will change for sellers regarding the commission or initiating brokerage requests.

We look forward to the launch of this groundbreaking service on September 1st, 2022. As always, the Dan.com dedicated support team is on-hand to answer any questions.

•••
Have received a few notifications that a number of cctld are being removed from Dan.com as it is difficult to transfer them etc. They could do it before the takeover why not now?
Transferred them to Sedo who can do it.
Also seems to be much less in interest in names but could simply be the current market conditions.

•••
Hi @wot

For what extensions did you get such a notification?

•••
Hi @wot

For what extensions did you get such a notification?
.cy , .ar, .vn to start, actual cctld which I find amazing.
Basically said they will be removed within 2 days!

•••
.cy , .ar, .vn to start, actual cctld which I find amazing.
Basically said they will be removed within 2 days!
Thanks. This is speculation, but it may be related to further integration with registrar Godaddy in the future. Here's a list of supported ccTLDs at GD (see table). Let us know if you notice similarities.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. This is speculation, but it may be related to further integration with registrar Godaddy in the future. Here's a list of supported ccTLDs at GD (see table). Let us know if you notice similarities.
All part of the- there will be no changes! :xf.grin:

•••
I hope this means that DAN names will soon be listed on GD and with no further deteriorations on DAN payouts.

Last edited:
•••
I hope this means that DAN names will soon be listed on GD and with no further deteriorations on DAN payouts.
Would the domains be directly listed on GoDaddy, or simply Afternic? Many are already likely on both platforms at this point anyhow. Whether the Dan integration with GoDaddy will change the payouts remains one of the biggest questions at this point.

•••
All part of the- there will be no changes! :xf.grin:
Good morning @wot,

Thank you for mentioning this.

Before the acquisition of GoDaddy we had a standard process for transfers. In some cases, we offered support for specific TLDs and ccTLDs but stopped supporting transfers at a later stage. The main reason for this is that some TLDs and ccTLDs required too much work, causing a rather lengthy transfer process for all stakeholders involved. As such, we would decide to drop the transfer service for these domains as we would not be able to meet our service levels to both you as a seller as well as the buyer.

In this particular case, you have encountered a message regarding this after the integration. I understand that the assumption is easily made that this is due to the integration with GoDaddy but I can assure you that this was in no way part of the decision-making process to stop offering transfer services for these ccTLDs.

I hope you will have a nice week ahead.

•••
Sorry, but the Godaddy/Dan PPC stuff is too buggy to use.

Last night I noticed that I was getting very few pages views. So today I picked some random domains and tried to view them. They each came up with a very light blue blank page:

2022-09-13 09_00_55-mylegalclaim.com.png

Every day there is something. Either there are pages where the content keeps refreshing and you see something about aborts OR you get this blue page or you get a PPC page with links to junk that nobody is going to click.

This may be related to AdBlock Plus, but its not on every page. If it is due to ad blockers, then this is useless as people use ad blockers on everything.

Now I turned off all PPC, but it appears that any page where you changed from default to "on" will still display the PPC, so you have to go through your whole portfolio looking fior them.

Last edited:
•••
Feature Request: Category filters on domain-seller page.

Currently only sellers can view their own category lists, but if their customers could do the same sales would increase. SquadHelp and many others use these types of filters.

•••
Sorry, but the Godaddy/Dan PPC stuff is too buggy to use.

Last night I noticed that I was getting very few pages views. So today I picked some random domains and tried to view them. They each came up with a very light blue blank page:

Show attachment 222988

Every day there is something. Either there are pages where the content keeps refreshing and you see something about aborts OR you get this blue page or you get a PPC page with links to junk that nobody is going to click.

This may be related to AdBlock Plus, but its not on every page. If it is due to ad blockers, then this is useless as people use ad blockers on everything.

Now I turned off all PPC, but it appears that any page where you changed from default to "on" will still display the PPC, so you have to go through your whole portfolio looking fior them.
Good morning,

Sorry to hear you experience it this way. If you contact our support directly they will be able to pinpoint the cause of it in order to have it resolved.

With regards to disabling it, you do not need to go through your portfolio one by one but rather can use the bulk tools. Select all domain names in your My Domains section, click on ADs at the bottom of your screen and disable them in bulk.

Do let us know in case you need any additional help on this matter!

•••
Feature Request: Category filters on domain-seller page.

Currently only sellers can view their own category lists, but if their customers could do the same sales would increase. SquadHelp and many others use these types of filters.
Good morning,

This feature already is available.

Could you contact our support with your account email and they will guide you into doing this!

Have a nice day.

•••
Dan charges an extra 4% for Paypal on payouts above $2000. When was this implemented?

•••
Not a big fan of the expanded "Domain Details" format, which has jumped from 1 page to 4 pages.

I am currently updating and checking domains and I now need to load Page 1 (default), then go to Page 3, check data, then back to Page 1 (make changes), Save, then over to Page 2 (make changes), Save.

Prior to the changes it was simply Load Domain Details, check data, change and save.

There should be ONE PAGE where I can change prices, change details and view Offers and Page Views. A lot of these new pages are overly repetitive (like Page 1) as I can make those basic edits right from the My Domains list.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back