NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019.

Replies:
629
Views:
44,217

  1. uzver

    uzver Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    129
    Likes Received:
    179
    We shouldn’t pay to opt-out (y)
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jurgen Wolf

    Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    9,704
    Likes Received:
    7,701
    This fee on Sedo is for BUYERS.
    Seller can request NDA for free.
     
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  3. DAN.COM

    DAN.COM Domain Marketplace Dan.com Staff Gold Account

    Posts:
    746
    Likes Received:
    2,988
    Hi Karamco,

    DAN has zero incentive to lock domains. If you read our last blog post: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

    you can also observe that we're currently forming a group of industry players to force ICANN to bring back the power to unlock a domain at any time the owner wishes.

    The friction points you mention and dislike are all implemented by the registrars of those domains, not DAN.
     
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. DAN.COM

    DAN.COM Domain Marketplace Dan.com Staff Gold Account

    Posts:
    746
    Likes Received:
    2,988
    We're in a great position to raise our Series A round as we seek to accelerate on all fronts. We know exactly where we need to improve and getting some capital in will help us expand the team significantly so we can bring more value to our users but also the industry as a whole.

    There are great things ahead for all of us :)
     
  5. MasterOfMyDomains

    MasterOfMyDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    4,387
    Likes Received:
    4,376
    What happens if a buyer pays then vanishes?
    Payment was made to you on 5th, instructions were followed and now 3 days later, buyer hasnt been heard from. is there a time frame they can cancel?
    Does Dan the automated man, transfer it to his account and wait for buyer to return after a certain length, of time?
     
  6. Mister Funsky

    Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,774
    Likes Received:
    9,760
    Yes the lock is an antiquated notion...if a domain owner/buyer/seller wants to take the risk of unlocking for whatever reason, it is his/her decision...the registrar should not be able to arbitrarily 'own' that domain for 60 days.
     
  7. carob

    carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    3,533
    Likes Received:
    4,431
    That is how Sedo does it ONLY in the case of Sedo's brokerage service:

    https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...ugh-sedo,-will-the-transaction-be-publicized?

    Effectively Sedo publish sales by default but offer a free per-domain or global opt out.


     
  8. carob

    carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    3,533
    Likes Received:
    4,431
    In another thread another member gave an excellent summary of reasons to keep sales private, and 80% of Sedo sales are private - Sedo say so themselves.

    https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-of-domain-sales-go-unreported.1152633/#post-7382091

     
  9. Jurgen Wolf

    Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    9,704
    Likes Received:
    7,701
    Please add one more column into your search table: TRAFFIC
    And add "Sort by: Traffic" option.
     
  10. LaszloSchenk

    LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

    Posts:
    40
    Likes Received:
    225
    Good morning all,

    Trust you are doing well.

    @MasterOfMyDomains when a payment is made and the buyer vanishes we will transfer the domain to our Escrow account after an average of 7 days. The buyer cannot cancel and will receive the domain upon return.

    @Jurgen Wolf I have made sure to forward your request to our product team for reviewal.

    Hope you all have a great weekend!
     
  11. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,948
    Likes Received:
    4,055
    Your system gives the buyer zero options to transfer away from an undesirable registrar. The problem here is you and the seller are doing a transfer between each other, causing a lock and telling the buyer after the fact you must accept a push. No asking the buyer what they want. The buyer is not the priority here.

    I am just sharing my honest opinion as a buyer. Two domains that were not registrar locked before purchase were registrar locked shortly after purchase. I am glad you are working on a possible improvement on the registrar end but on the DAN end the seller is in charge.
     
  12. frank-germany

    frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    7,407
    Likes Received:
    9,283
    I would love to see the user being able to sort
    by domain extension more easily

    in having a checkbox for .com and .de
    or other predefined extensions
    in order to see only those domains
     
  13. uzver

    uzver Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    129
    Likes Received:
    179
    I sold some domains through Undeveloped/DAN this year, and all were sitting at either GoDaddy or NameBright. I always selected a Push for domain transfer, and DAN bot provided the details of gaining account together with a comment “Please don’t change the contact details” or “Don’t lock the domain after Push” (GD and NB respectively). So I carefully followed the instructions to avoid the 60 days lock. The comment is not highlighted good enough, though @Reza @LaszloSchenk

    Maybe the domain gets locked when DAN pushes to buyer’s account?
     
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  14. DnFolk

    DnFolk Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,476
    Likes Received:
    10,878
    Can dan give an option to us where we can directly accept the last offer of potential buyer after counter offer is rejected? @Reza
     
  15. Nikhil Jain

    Nikhil Jain Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,880
    Likes Received:
    4,465
    That makes sense. I recently did that with one inbound offer at GoDaddy and once at Sedo too which helped close the deals, which might have otherwise been lost.
     
  16. Soofi

    Soofi Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    7,524
    Likes Received:
    5,148
    This is much required option as we have to reach out to customer support to check whether they can close the deal for us at initial offer ad at times, support declines to help. Support suggest to send in a counter offer of initial offer, which doesnt really make sense because a lot of times, buyers give up on the deal or doesnt bother coming back.

    Accepting initial offer option is viable, after counter offer has been rejected will help close more sales (more revenue for dan) and win-win situation for all the parties involved.
     
  17. legendarynames

    legendarynames Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    190
    Likes Received:
    527
    DAN.com can go one step further and make it even better by setting up a way to pre-accept (secretly, of course) the last buyer offer automatically in case your counter offer is rejected. So the buyer would get immediate feedback and could proceed to payment without delays. Something like "You're lucky! You rejected the seller's offer but your offer of $XXX was accepted!"

    It's easy to do the above by creating an "advanced" counter-offer form where you can submit a counter-offer amount while ticking an option to auto-accept the buyer's last offer in case the counter-offer is rejected.
     
  18. Soofi

    Soofi Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    7,524
    Likes Received:
    5,148
    legendary indeed! lol
     
  19. Kostas

    Kostas Established Member

    Posts:
    502
    Likes Received:
    518
    I don't think this is a good idea. If I was the buyer this would seem to me like a scam or extortion(rejecting an offer in order to ask for more and then automatically go back to the previous offer if the new offer is rejected). If a buyer's offer is good enough then don't ask for more, or if you do be firm about it.

    If the buyer is sincere and there hasn't been a breach of trust during the negotiations he/she would likely accept your new offer that equals the last made by him/her. Either way, even if the system worked as you propose, when trust is lost, dan, like any other platform can't make the buyer pay.
     
  20. legendarynames

    legendarynames Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    190
    Likes Received:
    527
    Sellers have different strategies. If you don't like it you don't need to use it, but if people are asking in this forum for a way to accept the buyer's last offer, making that option automatic sounds like an obvious improvement to me. The acceptance message doesn't need to be sent right away, there could be a few minutes delay to give the impression the seller reconsidered.
     
  21. Kostas

    Kostas Established Member

    Posts:
    502
    Likes Received:
    518
    For sure, an added feature doesn't hurt, I just think the chances of making a sale would be higher if the seller manually and after a small time period countered with the last offer the buyer made alongside an appropriate message. I mainly commented on the automatic/instant acceptance of an offer which I still don't think is a good idea.
     
  22. YairDD

    YairDD Established Member

    Posts:
    669
    Likes Received:
    1,954
    Yes please.
     
  23. LaszloSchenk

    LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

    Posts:
    40
    Likes Received:
    225
    Good morning all,

    @karmaco not quite sure how you obtained this information but this most definitely is not the case. When we transfer domains we only opt for an internal push when it does not resolve in a transfer lock. As stated by Reza each registrar operates in a different capacity and imposed its own rules. We try to avoid them as much as possible ensuring no lock is imposed but when a domain is new, currently has a lock or resides with Network Solution, for example, we have no choice but to deliver the domain with its current registrar.

    @frank-germany the buyers already can select any desired extension when searching for. domains.

    @legendarynames & @DnFolk @Nikhil Jain we cannot allow this option as only the last offer is considered valid on our platform. As indicated by @Kostas legitimate buyers will always accept the offer they have submitted when it is re-submitted by a seller. Allowing you to accept a previous offer will not stimulate trust and will ensure fewer deals are closed eventually as both parties will keep submitting to many offers. When you counter an offer you need to make sure to overthink it. If the counter is not accepted simply resubmit the initial offer of a buyer.

    Have a great week!
     
  24. DnFolk

    DnFolk Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,476
    Likes Received:
    10,878
    Alright another question/suggestion - can dan provide potential buyer details when there is no response after certain time for example say 1 month. For now you provide only after the buyer fails to buy after the agreement.
     
  25. frank-germany

    frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    7,407
    Likes Received:
    9,283
    I can't

    ( its not obvious how to do it )
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...