Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those redirects can be disabled/enabled in your account settings.

Yes, I know. Your suggestion implies “all or nothing”. They could also switch from 301 redirect to 302. That would be fair, IMO.

Anyways, it’s irrelevant to me since I use my own landers.

•••
These redirects to their own SSL-secured domain were introduced as additional feature...
Prior they started to provide the individual SSL certs for all parked domains.
Nowadays such forwarding has no sense at all.

•••

From DAN settings:

Redirect your buyers to your internal marketplace for sales pages
By enabling this feature all traffic on your domains will be forwarded to for sales pages hosted on DAN.COM, including live support. When you don't opt-in for this feature, your buyers won't see our live support widget on your for sale pages.

Just copied as-is. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone.

I don't care since I don't use their landers. But even for my landers, I use 302 redirects as a courtesy to my buyers.

Last edited:
•••
Has no sense even in terms of their Chat. Actually - it is NOT live.
Delays are usually 1 or more hours before their response...
Just alternative for email communication - in other words.

Last edited:
•••
Has no sense even in terms of their Chat. Actually - it is NOT live.
Delays are usually 1 or more hours before their response.
Just alternative for email communication - in other words.

Yes the chat is pointless should remove it or someone should be on it

•••
I can also add that they use Intercom chat widget - which is banned by various adblockers... so it will be not shown at all.
For example, Disconnect.me kills it.

Last edited:
•••
But buyers do see the chat widget and do engage conversation.
Which helps in conversions.

•••
They can't chat with domain owner...
So I don't see how this chat helps in terms of sales/negotiations even if it is not blocked by the browser add-on.

•••
I had all domains parked temporarily at DAN for slightly over two months while I was upgrading my website, and after changing nameservers from ns1-2.undeveloped.com to custom, I still was forwarded to DAN when typed some domains in the address bar.
Thats a disadvantage of using nameservers. Some people who also choose Dan as the primary destinantion for their domains use URL forwarding instead, because it is much better for the domain owner in so many ways, but unfortunately, Dan discriminates against such people and the page shown is worse than for those who use nameservers.

•••
Hello,

I do have something that I may want to put forward now that I think about it. I love the landers and the service at DAN, but something that has kind of turned me off a bit when it comes to a closed sale.

I've had a couple of domain names that were accepted as offers and went into the sold phase. My domain names were still connected to nameservers, but I noticed that when I had checked it, for people that may have still been visiting the domain name could have been served other domain names that have been for sale. Instead, I noticed that it was offering other domain names of anyone else in the marketplace. I think that if I'm still bringing traffic to DAN through a sold domain that my domain names in my portfolio should be taking priority over someone else's domain names being displayed.

Hi KTC,

As a marketplace, we need to implement network effects to make sure the marketplace is liquid. That feature helps all sellers sell more domains because your domains are also shown on sold pages of other sellers.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Unless the registrar is advertising in prime time, the endusers are visiting the domain and reacting to the landing page.

We actually work hard to get traffic in and by now have built quite a good reputation which results in end-users and big brand agencies to purchase domains at DAN first because they appreciate our processes.

At the moment we attract 1.5M unique visitors a month on DAN.COM itself and about 6M uniques via the domains that use our for sale pages.

•••
If you sell a domain for, let's say, $5,000

can you receive a payment of $2000 to your PayPal and the rest to a Bitcoin address?

That's no problem at all.

You can also get paid out via Paypal for the full $5000, however, a fee is then added to the payout.

•••
These redirects to their own SSL-secured domain were introduced as additional feature...
Prior they started to provide the individual SSL certs for all parked domains.

The advantage of redirecting is that you will have our intercom support widget on your for sale page and if you host the for sale page on your own domain, we can't do that.

•••
So I don't see how this chat helps in terms of sales/negotiations even if it is not blocked by the browser add-on.

Often buyers have questions, we do not inform our sellers when we actively help their buyers but in the background, our team is working hard to close all qualified buyers that present themselves via support.

I've said this before: if our sellers don't sell, naturally, we do not generate a commission. So we have a strong incentive to make sure that all buyers that we can convert into sales actually convert.

We're also not a dinosaur from the industry that got started in the 90' and is fine with whatever they are used to doing.

There's no team in this industry as hungry and hardworking as our team but most of that work is not observed or seen by outsiders. I love our community and the people backing us so we can continue to get better at what we do but it is sometimes a bit painful to see how negative Namepros users can be and this thread is a good example of that, unfortunately.

PS: My wife and I are expecting our first baby girl one of these days, so I won't be as active as usual on the forum.

Last edited:
•••
PS: My wife and I are expecting our first baby girl one of these days, so I won't be as active as usual on the forum.

Congrats and happy nappy changing! :)

•••
•••
We actually work hard to get traffic in and by now have built quite a good reputation which results in end-users and big brand agencies to purchase domains at DAN first because they appreciate our processes.

At the moment we attract 1.5M unique visitors a month on DAN.COM itself and about 6M uniques via the domains that use our for sale pages.

I would imagine the traffic would be the result of domains pointing to your landing pages. What else are you doing to deliver traffic?

•••
From my understanding, this thread is for various feedbacks (negative/positive) and for suggestions...
Or only for applause 24x7???

GD/Afternic, Sedo etc. - receive the same or even higher volume of negative.
There are no ideal marketplaces and registrars.

•••
Undeveloped literally revolutionized our lives and provided us with the best tool to sell domains and all it took is an epik lander to have people talking crap about DAN.
Congrats for your firstborn @Reza , looking forward to DAN the registrar.

•••
Is there anyone @ DAN today? @Reza

I am in the middle of a transaction and nobody is answering messages.

•••
That's no problem at all.

You can also get paid out via Paypal for the full $5000, however, a fee is then added to the payout.

Well, one should request it immediately after the sale hoping someone will read the request BEFORE the payout was sent via PayPal.

It happened to me few times that payouts were sent faster than Support responses.

•••
There's no team in this industry as hungry and hardworking as our team but most of that work is not observed or seen by outsiders. I love our community and the people backing us so we can continue to get better at what we do but it is sometimes a bit painful to see how negative Namepros users can be and this thread is a good example of that, unfortunately.

DAN is great. I think most people in this thread would agree (otherwise what we do here).

But you need to have thick skin, if you come on public forum to get real feedback about your company, IMO.

My wife and I are expecting our first baby girl one of these days, so I won't be as active as usual on the forum

Congrats! I was in your shoes just a month ago :xf.wink:

•••

I think it builds trust. And in terms of trust, DAN support can do this job better than a domain owner, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I think, it will be better to accumulate funds on the internal balance...
And then via Withdraw button - to get the necessary amount via preferred payout method...

Last edited:
•••
Often buyers have questions, we do not inform our sellers when we actively help their buyers but in the background, our team is working hard to close all qualified buyers that present themselves via support.

I've said this before: if our sellers don't sell, naturally, we do not generate a commission. So we have a strong incentive to make sure that all buyers that we can convert into sales actually convert.

We're also not a dinosaur from the industry that got started in the 90' and is fine with whatever they are used to doing.

Congratulations, @Reza ! Before you take a well-deserved leave, is there any update regarding DAN becoming a registrar?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back