Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From my negotiations for over a decade - was the only one buyer from Moscow with reaction "why additional 3%"?
So I have nothing to add.

Last edited:
•••
Adding an actual suggestion/solution: at least track whatever the TLD/keywords of the landing page were (via cookie,code,etc) so that if a visitor does a subsequent search on DAN.com, that TLD/those keywords will be prioritized.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I completely agree. I get that "it's only an extra $20 per every $1,000" but that's not the point. It's a psychological thing for the buyer to have to consider, right at the moment of purchase. This will help Dan (obviously) but it won't help the buyer or the seller.
As stated before, I doubt someone willing to pay $2500 for a domain is going to argue over 50 bucks. In the odd case a customer is upset, tell them to take their grievances to Dan, it's out of your control.

•••
From my negotiations for over a decade - was the only one buyer from Moscow with reaction "why additional 3%"?
So I have nothing to add.

What about people that fill in their details on Dan order form and then get to reveal the hidden fees and abandon cart. We will never get to know.

Do SEDO hide the fees in the same way?

The article I was sent on Twitter seems to indicate it may not even be legal to add on surcharges to European buyers. Is SEDO adding on surcharges to European buyers or only outside Europe?

•••
•••
We'll never know.
In certain cases, you might hear from them. All they have to do is reply in the timeline.

•••
Do SEDO hide the fees in the same way?

The article I was sent on Twitter seems to indicate it may not even be legal to add on surcharges to European buyers. Is SEDO adding on surcharges to European buyers or only outside Europe?
Sedo doesn't hide anything.
It is their policy for many years and regardless of location.

•••
Good were not talking about sedo, take @Windoms advice above

•••
I am illustrating the point.

Dan is hiding the fees.

•••
As stated before, I doubt someone willing to pay $2500 for a domain is going to argue over 50 bucks. In the odd case a customer is upset, tell them to take their grievances to Dan, it's out of your control.

lol no
once it gets to the point where buyer has grievance.. more than likely u just lost sale. but.. in most cases like u say..there should not be grievances.. question is.. do u wanna risk it..to find if yer sale will be in that majority or minority.

•••
•••
•••
do u wanna risk it
I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. In any case, if it eventually hurts my bottom line, there are other alternatives available.
I'm adopting a wait and see attitude. If I'm going to test something, it might as well be in July.

•••
I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. In any case, if it eventually hurts my bottom line, there are other alternatives available.
I'm adopting a wait and see attitude. If I'm going to test something, it might as well be in July.

well u know.. it all depends how many sales u get etc

for some.folk it's no lost.sleep...for others who get fewer sales... everyone counts so they wanna make sure it's done optimally...for seller
..and buyer..and imo sending buyer to a place where he sees say 5000$ final bill... when in yer negotiations u both said 4900$... well that is not optimal.

•••
They need money for Beta testers definitely.
That's why this increase.

Last edited:
•••
well u know.. it all depends how many sales u get etc

for some.folk it's no lost.sleep...for others who get fewer sales... everyone counts so they wanna make sure it's done optimally...for seller
..and buyer..and imo sending buyer to a place where he sees say 5000$ final bill... when in yer negotiations u both said 4900$... well that is not optimal.
I certainly understand that point of view and respect those who see this as a hurdle. I'm sure Dan is listening though.

•••
;

Last edited:
•••
Sedo algorithm is not smart, I can't even comment it, there only geeks can find what they are looking for.
And this is another thread, read via link above.

Last edited:
•••
@Wisher your making sense, and i understand you were blacklisted by dan on twitter, your making complete sense, not repeating yourself over and over. I hope they acknowledge your concerns.
I am to busy reading all these irrelevant comments to work on dan. At first we were discussing legitimate issues, now its butthurts Do we wanna risk it @alcy thats like taking a risk registering at sav lol
k, not even close there eh

To stay on topic, I mentioned yesterday that as i am on mobile mostly, the font size on landers seemed to large as it would only show 13 characters or something, have to weed thru pages of emotions find exactly.
That would been 9 letters plus .com

I just increased my font size to what it was before on my iphone and the name i was using as an example is now displaying all on one line.
Thanks, some of us are patient and understand there will be bugs along the way.
I have discovered couple tricks on my journey and will be looking for more.
Love the BIN button that links to you on my efty landers
Thanks to all those that are contributing in a constructive manner! That will be all for now

•••
Regarding .COM buyers...
They don't need any marketplaces and algorithms...
They check the necessary variant by typing it at Registrar or in browser.

•••
Regarding .COM buyers...
They don't need any marketplaces and algorithms...
They check the necessary variant by typing it at Registrar or in browser.

Well the way it looks now .... the .COM owners bring in the traffic/leads, and then the DAN search algorithm completely redirects those leads to new GTLD's. Doesn't sound right. I hope they change it because these newly designed landers are far and away the best. Like miles above the other landers.

•••
They have filters to define your search parameters...
Just use them.

Regarding their new lander - it doesn't work for me at all (Chromium 91, Ukraine), even Trustpilot is not loading.
So I continue to move my domains to Sedo (as was planned for this summer).

•••
@Future Sensors

From NL parking lander shows Trustpilot like
Show attachment 195743
Right?

For me it is displayed just as text placeholder:
Show attachment 195744

p.s. Full screenshot was already posted above.

On the lander, this is what I see on desktop, top right. Visiting from NL.

Show attachment 195745

On the main page (dan.com), I see:

Show attachment 195747

I wondered that too and I figured out it has to do with the query string and a redirected parameter (?redirected...) It only shows the full menu if you visit the full link directly

For example, clicking this link https://dan.com/buy-domain/chooseking.com shows the full bar

while typing out chooseking.com directly in the browser shows the little one on the right side because of the redirect query.

I much prefer the full menu as it looks way more professional so that should be the only one used.

Last edited:
•••
Bug report:

Toggling the "Meet the Seller" setting doesn't change anything.

I just figured out that the "Meet the Seller" box is only visible when choosing the "Brandable" theme in Settings. It is not shown with the "Default" theme. Is this expected behavior @DAN.COM? Perhaps add a small explanation with these settings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back