Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
βœ” Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my bin button on an efty lander is throwing up an error when it is clicked on

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://dan.com/integrator/orders/5b490fa5****937dd/checkout might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://dan.com/integrator/orders/7a7a****62d71fa/checkout might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Cant break those links @Bravo Mod Team ?

EDIT: Link from button shows error. If I copy url of error and paste in browser, it works.
Confirmed on several sites

Last edited:
•••
They have filters to define your search parameters...
Just use them.

But the DEFAULT settings are really the most important. It's the first thing a visitor/lead will see. If your 2 word .COM name brings in a lead to DAN, the default search setting for that visitor/lead should be for .COM. Your lead should definitely NOT be presented with 5 pages of mostly new GTLD's (complete alternatives to your name).

Last edited:
•••
This may have been mentioned above...but I don't think the Nameserver 3 ownership verification is working anymore, either.

Just tried adding 2 new domains and both failed due to already being listed.

Prior to this update, I would set my ownership verification in nameserver3 wait about an hour and re-submit domains.

No luck after update...perhaps I just need to wait longer...

•••
Hi @King

I've checked again, and there seems to be a difference in PC and mobile view of the dashboard.
So @DAN.COM please fix the destination URL on mobile for the dan.com logo, so that it points to the dashboard in all cases, thank you.
Ok, just tested on mobile and yes, it does take me to the homepage on mobile...

•••
So 3rd day of 2.0
New lander is dead/unresponsive completely in my desktop browser and from my location.
In LiveChat they still don't understand: where their devs failed.

Last edited:
•••
This may have been mentioned above...but I don't think the Nameserver 3 ownership verification is working anymore, either.

Just tried adding 2 new domains and both failed due to already being listed.

Prior to this update, I would set my ownership verification in nameserver3 wait about an hour and re-submit domains.

No luck after update...perhaps I just need to wait longer...
It was already discussed even prior hype 2.0
Use more reliable TXT method.

Last edited:
•••
cheap new GTLD's.
Just a few of them are cheaper than .com - if we are talking about the standard renewal.

p.s. As of now I sold 16 standard nTLDs inbound, almost all within 1st year.
High $xxx per domain on average.

Last edited:
•••
I like that on mobile the price follows you as you scroll down... but does anyone else think the word "or" should added, so it says "$xxx/now or $xxx/month"? Right now it almost looks like the price is $xxx/now PLUS $xxx/month, doesn't it?

Attachments

• price.jpg
    price.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 133
•••
The 2% handling fee will definitely make the buyer feel uncomfortable. If I, as a buyer, even if I decide to buy, but the final payment is different from the price I saw at the beginning, I will give up the purchase.So I would rather add this 2% handling fee to the transaction commission instead of attaching it to the buyer.

•••
The 2% handling fee will definitely make the buyer feel uncomfortable. If I, as a buyer, even if I decide to buy, but the final payment is different from the price I saw at the beginning, I will give up the purchase.So I would rather add this 2% handling fee to the transaction commission instead of attaching it to the buyer.
I seriously suspect that DAN wants to increase the transaction commission by 9% in disguise, why not directly increase it and anger the sellers like this? DAN is excellent, but it is not without an alternative market!

•••
I can't confirm this on my PC myself. But I do see that on mobile, individual DAN domain landers take a very long time to load and get a red score.
For me Page Unresponsive warning in Chromium 91 (on Debian desktop) appears after ~30 seconds since endless loading starts...
And even during first ~30s I can't click any object or submit any bid (lander is dead completely).

Last edited:
•••
;

Last edited:
•••
I just figured out that the "Meet the Seller" box is only visible when choosing the "Brandable" theme in Settings. It is not shown with the "Default" theme. Is this expected behavior @DAN.COM? Perhaps add a small explanation with these settings.

This was going to be my question. @DAN.COM it seems like the "Meet the Seller" details (33 offers received, etc.) should be displayed on the default landers, as well. I didn't select the Brandable landers, so I guess that's why I'm not seeing it, even though I have it activated.

With the custom Header Image I'm using, selecting "Dark Overlay" actually produces a LIGHT overlay. That's not great, as the dark overlay on the former landers was helpful in making the white text "pop."

•••
Its nothing, its more convenient for them, better for us, let it be.

If it's nothing, then send me the 2%.

Trust me, businesses (no matter how big) absolutely hate being nickel-n-dimed.

Last edited:
•••
Nah, it's a strategy and is actually a premium option at some places like Flippa, this way they may enter a higher offer than your minimum. It should stay this way.

No, at the very least it should be an OPTION for the seller to decide which fits their business model better, especially as it's a total 360-degree change from its previous iteration.

•••
Thank you for working hard Dan & Co.
The bin button on my efty lander, after slight delay wah, goes to checkout page.
I tried stuffing html and even tawk.to widget on your landers with no success (y)

Edit: it is working on some but not all efty Landers tested pc,mobile,incognito chrome
I will do some testing. If life hands you lemons, make lemonade :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
I can't understand the web design obsession with adding negative space to every margin and border. It's getting ridiculous.

I know, and it just pushes everything further down until more and more important info is now below the fold. Fill space up up so we don't have to scroll on a QHD laptop.

•••
If it's nothing, then send me the 2%.

Trust me, businesses (no matter how big) absolutely hate being nickel-n-dimed.

what u doing man.. I never wrote those words. u do too much quoted text editing lol

easy there or u will be putting words in people mouths hehe

•••
I've read through the thread - it takes time - I really would have appreciated an email to me as a seller concisely highlighting key changes I found out about here, namely new non-display of minimum offer value, and increased costs to buyers, which is effectively an increased commission as those costs would have been covered by Dan before.

tenor.gif

•••
:beaver:

I switched my insecure landers to efty marketplace lander setting and bin buttons works on all tested sites.

At @Doron Vermaat those efty pages look ugly when i switch to redirect to efty marketplace.
Will your unsecure landers bin button be working in near future?

•••
yeah..so I made this thread to compare dan to other escrow places..cause Dan's add lead/escrow is basically all I use aftr seeing no action directly off their market and finding their landers.to be basically just slow..overdone for nothing with all em boxes etc...and not generating me much action either when I tried redirecting there for some time...unless nonpaying buyers count... well... but they dont..count

either way I learned that there are a few escrow options out there... cheaper too.. as much as I liked smoothness of add lead option...now with buyer extra.fees.etc..not sure if I will be risking sending deals there..

imo the whole dan site and landers need a redesign basically.. then a speed boost.

I just dont get people who cannot understand that the simpler the better. the more boxes..features
..etc u add..u just slow down the whole machine..make it hard to understand.. especially for endusers who aren't domainers... I mean simple just rocks. and now dan isnt rocking imo

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm sure, this processing fee is paid by all platforms to their payment processors like Adyen in DAN case.
Some of them include it in their total commission, others are more transparent - so you see it separately.

And it is fair fee for buyers.
If they don't want to send IBAN or ACH - it is their choice, not seller's fault.

Last edited:
•••
Dan is so much greater than sedo though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back