Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
near to no improvement, some bugs and now dan earns more...
we are waiting for months for that !

•••
So that means the actual commission fees have increased with this new "update".
For own lead escrow - 5% > almost 7%
For marketplace sales - 9% > almost 11%

Wholesale buyers/sellers will never like this change. And on top of that, wholesale sellers now have to do more calculations just to ensure that wholesale buyers don't get the extra charges or else the complaints to sellers will flood in.

In case any wholesalers are still using DAN, the calculation formula is (agreed price)÷1.02=(price on DAN, with the possibility of rounding down on cents just to avoid going over by at least 1 cent)

•••

Wholesale buyers/sellers will never like this change. And on top of that, wholesale sellers now have to do more calculations just to ensure that wholesale buyers don't get the extra charges or else the complaints to sellers will flood in.

In case any wholesalers are still using DAN, the calculation formula is (agreed price)÷1.02=(price on DAN, with the possibility of rounding down on cents just to avoid going over by at least 1 cent)
exactly, prices must also be in accordance with afternic prices...

•••

Buyer can also pay by bank wire. If i understood correctly then the buyer gets a 1% discount on the purchase price and the seller gets a 1% discount.

Seller paid:
Own lead escrow 5% to 4%
Marketplace sales 9% to 8%

This means dan.com has get total 3% (own lead) or 7% (marketplace sale) from a transaction.

Is this correct @DAN.COM ?

Last edited:
•••
hello @DAN.COM

When I list new domains in bulk using a csv, ALL domains are in error: "domain already listed"

•••
I dont get it.. is the add lead fee still 5% or not??? @DAN.COM

•••
Homepage
This is my recommendation.

1/ Main section CLAIM YOUR SPACE IN THE DIGITAL WORLD. Its great, welcoming, calls to action, keep.

2/ Right after, have the TRUST PILOT section (authority) with a feed of recent reviews with dates shown.

3/ Followed by BUY AND SELL DOMAINS section, some type of about us / Dan presentation section.

4/ Then the popular, 3 letter, etc.. domains. this section is wierd as popular domains only has only 43 results and premium domains has 46..
maybe change to 3 letter domains, 4 letter domains, popular domain names (with more results).
That section could (should) also be replaced by marketplace statistics, like
1.000.000 domains listed.
over 100.000 domains sold.
over 100M$ in sales, things like that.

5/ I wouldn't keep the domain investor section, they already know you, buyers don't need to know about them. Yes it could bring new people to you, and more investors to the community, but it doesn't help in making the page shorter and conveying the message more efficiently (it's distraction).

6/ domain search box, + the popular domain, 3 letter domain, 4 letter domain section, merged.

Buyers lands on
1/ call to action 'claim your space in the digital world' image
scrolls down to
2/ trust reviews section
followed by
3/ about us section
which flows to
4/ marketplace statistics section
which is also connected to
5/ the search box / popular domain, 3 letter domains, 4 letter domains section

If the page is short and the message delivered efficiently, they'll get to 5/ search box/popular domains section very quickly.

Optional: I understand the search box in the main section CLAIM YOUR SPACE IN THE DIGITAL WORLD is there and might help with marketplace sales (maybe), but not having there and only a picture will only make visitors scroll down.
Remove it from main section, and have a search domain widget instead of the trustpilot widget on top. Since trust pilot now has a section of its own, comes 2nd.

I think this is great recommendation @DAN.COM

Last edited:
•••
Buyer can also pay by bank wire. If i understood correctly then the buyer gets a 1% discount on the purchase price and the seller gets a 1% discount.

Seller paid:
Own lead escrow 5% to 4%
Marketplace sales 9% to 8%

This means dan.com has get total 3% (own lead) or 7% (marketplace sale) from a transaction.

Is this correct @DAN.COM ?
Even if that's true, I've yet to see any wholesale buyer paying with wires. My biggest portfolio sale of 4k was still paid with a CC.

•••
I just powered on my PC.
No browser cache, no any cookies (they are stored only in RAM in my configuration).
And no browser extensions.

Still Page Unresponsive warning in Chromium 91.
As on screenshot posted 6+ hours ago:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...official-thread.1148567/page-128#post-8337363

And this issue only on your new parking lander.
I don't see it in the control panel.
The same after ~1 day since start of 2.0
So it is 100% issue with your new parking lander, not just temporary glitch.

•••
I dont get it.. is the add lead fee still 5% or not???
No changes for sellers.
Additional processing fees are for buyers with CC/PayPal.

Last edited:
•••
Casing names (lowercase, uppercase, capitalize...) are not being inherited in the seller's note section.
Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:
•••
When I click it it takes me to the dashboard.

Hi @King

I've checked again, and there seems to be a difference in PC and mobile view of the dashboard.
So @DAN.COM please fix the destination URL on mobile for the dan.com logo, so that it points to the dashboard in all cases, thank you.

•••
The "incl. VAT" doesn't seem to go away

•••
No changes for sellers.
Additional processing fees are for buyers with CC/PayPal.

ok.
well that will still result in some failed addleads...due to some buyers not wanting to pay extra.

•••
The "incl. VAT" doesn't seem to go away

Indeed. Eventhough I have chosen in my Dan.com settings that prices exclude VAT, prices are currently displayed as incl. VAT.

•••
And this new lander is completely unresponsive.
Even if I click "Wait" button on the Chromium warning - nothing happens, and after a few seconds Page Unresponsive warning popups again and again...
So potential buyer like me - can't submit any bid or do BIN purchase.

Last edited:
•••
And this new lander is completely unresponsive.
Even if I click "Wait" button on the Chromium warning - nothing happens, and after a few seconds Page Unresponsive warning popups again and again...
So potential buyer like me - can't submit any bid or do BIN purchase.

bingo... when I told dan I wonder how many potential sales and offers will be lost due to new bugs.. they wanted to send me vinegar to drink.

•••
Lander doesn't work, control panel breaks eyes.
Positive is invisible minimum.
This is my final opinion about this hype 2.0

•••
Lander doesn't work, control panel breaks eyes.
Positive is invisible minimum.
This is my final opinion about this hype 2.0

I can't confirm this on my PC myself. But I do see that on mobile, individual DAN domain landers take a very long time to load and get a red score.

@DAN.COM Please use https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to optimize load times significantly. On mobile, time to interactive for landers is 9.1 seconds, and overall performance is 44/100. This is a red score. Google PageSpeed Insights provides lots of suggestions that can help to improve speed of the landers. You can switch between Mobile and Desktop results in the header.

•••
Also Bodis link integration no longer works. At least on my small smartphone, the paid links cover the sale box.

You all may want to check this

Colors are much harsher on the eyes, too

•••
I can't confirm this on my PC myself.
I guess, it is related to location.
From NL - no issues, but via their CDN for some other locations like my Ukraine - this lander doesn't work (unresponsive).

•••
It must be the last release without Beta phase for many testers from many locations and on many browsers.

Last edited:
•••
And fix searchbox on Portfolio page:

2021-07-16-172145_441x59_scrot.png

Last edited:
•••
So when buyers pay via bank transfer, the buyer gets a 1% discount but also the seller! If the buyer pays via Bank Transfer, your commission paid to Dan automatically is lowered by 1%.

Not all payment options have an additional fee but the most expensive ones like credit cards do in the new flow.

So credit card puts up quoted price by 2%.

I'm generally happy with Dan and the latest changes, but I have been willing to offer constructive criticism before, particularly about introducing changes without adequately informing users. This was especially the case with privacy, and I was happy to see some of those changes were later rolled back in terms of keeping sales private by default.

I've read through the thread - it takes time - I really would have appreciated an email to me as a seller concisely highlighting key changes I found out about here, namely new non-display of minimum offer value, and increased costs to buyers, which is effectively an increased commission as those costs would have been covered by Dan before.

As more changes are rolled out that affect sellers, can we be advised of them by seller-specific emails?

•••
Looking at the portfolio page listing of domains, previously more lines appeared on the screen, meaning less scrolling. Maybe you don't need so much whitespace in each line as you have now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back