IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Sedo
Please also add the possibility to deny the incoming bid, just DENY with optional comment.
Currently only counteroffer is available.

•••
Wow, you must be on the special list.
you really must be on that special list, I am having my first transaction via Sedo ngl ,their customer service is sh*t

•••
If I'm on the special list - then why already 5th day I'm waiting for their reply in my 127.0.0.1 ticket???

No any lists there.

Last edited:
•••
Their office is semi-dead definitely, 6th day and counting...
My longest ticket delay ever.

•••
Just received their response (on 6th day), not even solution.
They forwarded my issue to their Parking team...

•••
@Sedo
Regarding your search system...
Please DISABLE: Include keyword variations - by default it is enabled and generates only noise.

Last edited:
•••
Your system shows tons of irrelevant and unnecessary domains with this option enabled by default.
Instead of exactmatch.TLD results as expected by most endusers and domainers.

•••
Surprise. Since domain is on private,

Have to go through hoops & flames

I missed “the great auction” deadline

Better luck next time. Pleas make easier, Sedo

Last edited:
•••
So 1 week elapsed for my detected 127.0.0.1 issue...
Still pending... still not enough time to understand it and to update @Sedo nameservers...

•••
@Sedo
Please add one more option in Settings (ON/OFF) to hide the public indication of minimum offer.
Or hide it by default.

•••
And please don't count bots as Offer Views... or remove this counter completely.
+ the same with your traffic stats.

You are the champions in terms of the misleading stats.

Last edited:
•••
From what I recall: the only 1 bug (too many redirects) was fixed after our reports, and they spent over 1 year to fix it.
+ 1 privacy suggestion was implemented in their payouts.
They use NamePros just for replies like in their FAQ, and that's all.

Last edited:
•••
And traditional privacy suggestion, it is asked yearly and many times...
Please don't display the seller's country, show just VAT status (Yes/No) - and this is enough.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
And also why to set 127.0.0.1 per domains without any significant traffic (like ~10 human visitors monthly)???
Yesterday (after 3 weeks) @Sedo replied the following idiotism:

We have received an update from our parking and tech team. They have confirmed that some of our parked domains will resolve to the IP 127.0.0.1 as a Ddos protection method, and the team informed us that this generally cannot be changed for some domains.

•••
@Sedo
And why you firstly accept/add domain in account, but later (~10 days after) your Security team asks me to provide screenshot from my registrar???
Really abnormal behavior.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jurgen,
can you sent me direct message with the respective domain so that I can look into it?

•••
Hi Jurgen,
can you sent me direct message with the respective domain so that I can look into it?

They asked me for the screenshots as well, it wasn't OK & frankly I refused. Instead I asked them to look at the TXT record, for BrandBucket published domains. They removed the names from the old account

How long does it take for ownership to be verified so that it is removed from the old account belonging to the previous seller who did not bother to act professionally & remove a name they don't own & Sedo can't deliver?

If it takes a long time please let me know, I have one pending TXT verification, & I need it to be removed from the old account today. I can message you the name.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Yes, please message me the name and I will inform the team to look into this. Thank you

•••
@Sedo , are there any particular reasons why conflicting domains with positive TXT DNS verification are still going to manual processing? As a matter of fact, Sedo TXT verification works instantly if and only if there are no conflicts. For the record, competing service (Dan) does not have such an issue: if there is a conflict but correct TXT verification appears @ dns , domain in question is moved within DAN immediately.

Also, did you stop allowing preferred customers (hugedomains for example) to bypass TXT verification? Some of them do not know what they own, and I had cases where domains were removed from my account without any txt verification from gaining account (it is obvious as I did NOT remove my sedo TXT record from DNS, so there was my code in DNS in all relevant times, but the domain(s) were still moved from my account to somebody else)

Last edited:
•••
And please fix your BUG with activity dates...
Ex.: on August'25 evening (Europe) I have set BuyNow price - but via OffersReceived menu I see the incorrect date
2021-08-24 New Buy Now Price

Last edited:
•••
Please add one more option in Settings (ON/OFF) to hide the public indication of minimum offer.
Or hide it by default.
They bid what they see on your pages, exactly this amount.
I'm already enough of those bids.
Hide it by default (like on Epik/DAN) or provide the individual option to hide it.

Last edited:
•••
Please also add the possibility to deny the incoming bid, just DENY with optional comment.
Currently only counteroffer is available.
On Epik/DAN I can just reject and that's all.
I don't waste my time there.

•••
Update..

More than 72 hrs have passed since I attempted to add the domain to my Sedo account, & since I added the TXT record. I also contacted their rep on NP about it as you can tell from the posts above(they chose to ignore my question which was if they were going to keep the unauthorized listing while they verify my ownership.).

The old listing is still up there, & the domain is still pending verification in my Sedo account. I just sent an email to their security & compliance department explaining all that.

Well done Sedo..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back