Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello

I used DAN escrow service to close one of my sale finalized on NP & got paid for it today but to my surprise, the final amount received was short by $15. I had a quick word with them & they say any fees associated with your bank or an intermediary bank is covered by you. In this case, this $15 fee is either from your bank or an intermediary bank to process the payout.

I use transferwise borderless service to collect my payments & the transfer details clearly state Fee 0.00 USD.
Anyone else had a similar experience with DAN recently?

Just to add the deal was closed in USD & payment requested in US bank account.

ty

yes same here
it still beats there PayPal payout over 2k where there are extra fees .. but for less amount I use paypal else it makes no sense to use wire. I was mislead by their statement that wire at no fee. then like u it was bad suprise. still once u figure out all the fees dan remains a good %fee option for sales and payout ...despite no amex and some limits..

Last edited:
•••
Did DAN stop showing IP address on incoming offers? Received one this morning without that info. Only a name.

•••
Did DAN stop showing IP address on incoming offers? Received one this morning without that info. Only a name.

possible..but we still get da flag tho

•••
possible..but we still get da flag tho

I didn’t even get the flag.

edit- got an answer from Dan. The person doing the offering is likely using a VPN in this case.

Last edited:
•••
Tried to see if some of this stuff was mentioned in previous posts but over 100 pages is a lot to get thru:

So going into 2021 will Dan accept btc as a payment method in the future?

Also it seems if I want to add a certain type of payment plan, or installment system, I have to do it to my whole account in settings, am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to do this on a one by one basis.

Other than that, I want to give congrats to the team at Dan, they continue to innovate in the domain space, and give users in the space great options to keep the industry moving forward.

•••
Bots from China since 8 hours on my domains. Anyone facing the same?

upload_2020-12-15_23-30-43.png

•••
Tried to see if some of this stuff was mentioned in previous posts but over 100 pages is a lot to get thru:

So going into 2021 will Dan accept btc as a payment method in the future?

Also it seems if I want to add a certain type of payment plan, or installment system, I have to do it to my whole account in settings, am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to do this on a one by one basis.

Other than that, I want to give congrats to the team at Dan, they continue to innovate in the domain space, and give users in the space great options to keep the industry moving forward.
Good morning @wwwweb

Yes, we still do and will accept BTC payments in 2021.

Regarding, the payment plan settings this is partially through. It depends on what your aimed purpose is but some variations can be made. If you contact our chat support we will be able to help you optimize your account for you.

Have a wonderful day.

•••
I have been waiting for someone to accept the domain push for nearly 24 hrs now.
Is it normal with DAN?
No reply from their support team aswell.

•••
Good morning @wwwweb

Yes, we still do and will accept BTC payments in 2021.

Regarding, the payment plan settings this is partially through. It depends on what your aimed purpose is but some variations can be made. If you contact our chat support we will be able to help you optimize your account for you.

Have a wonderful day.
How do I go about doing this, as I never see BTC on my payment options, just credit card, paypal, and some other method?

Thank You

Last edited:
•••
I have been waiting for someone to accept the domain push for nearly 24 hrs now.
Is it normal with DAN?
No reply from their support team aswell.

All resolved, thank you.

•••
Old ppc

How do I go about doing this, as I never see BTC on my payment options, just credit card, paypal, and some other method?

Thank You
Good morning @wwweb,

One has to make an appointment with our support team to process the payment. As the currency is highly volatile we need to schedule a specific timeframe for processing the payment.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning @wwweb,

One has to make an appointment with our support team to process the payment. As the currency is highly volatile we need to schedule a specific timeframe for processing the payment.

Best regards,
Totally understandable, thank you for the follow up.

•••
No more Bulk import completed email notices?

•••
•••
No more Bulk import completed email notices?
Good afternoon @simmplex,

Thank you for notifying us.

Could you contact our support with your account email? We will make sure to verify what is causing it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
@LaszloSchenk does DAN have the following feature planned? The ability for domain sellers to search past negotiations by the buyer's email, name, IP range, etc. Sometimes we have this feeling that a buyer is returning for another domain, but don't know which one. Knowing about a past negotiation would help.

And generally speaking, knowing some global buyer stats such as how often he makes offers or the number of successfully completed transactions would help as well.

•••
Good morning @legendarynames,

We do not have this scheduled yet but I will make sure to relay it to our product team. Perhaps we can find a great way to make this apparent to our users. I can understand how this brings value to our users.

Have a great day ahead.

•••
Good morning all,

I would like to notify you that as of today you are able to bulk edit your descriptions as well. Please find the required sheet attached. The file can be uploaded through our bulk importer.

Have a great day.

Attachments

• bulk import - Laszlo-680.csv
    52 bytes · Views: 126
•••
Good morning all,

I would like to notify you that as of today you are able to bulk edit your descriptions as well. Please find the required sheet attached. The file can be uploaded through our bulk importer.

Have a great day.

That's great to hear! Thanks :)

•••
Good morning all,

Have a great day.

Very pleased. Thanks @LaszloSchenk and @DAN.COM Team for giving us this little gift for Christmas.

•••
Good morning all,

Have a great day.
I was actually thinking about this exact feature the other day. I would like to get more descriptions loaded into DAN, and for me the spreadsheet is the way to go.

Any chance in the export feature containing this data in the near future so I can update the ones that are missing a description and upload them back up? Would be much easier for "reconciliation" versus pulling each domain up one by and and figuring out which have descriptions and which don't.

Thanks as always!
-Michael

•••
How long does it normally take Dan to accept a pushed name into their escrow account? I pushed a name about 12 hours ago, and they have yet to accept.

•••
I was actually thinking about this exact feature the other day. I would like to get more descriptions loaded into DAN, and for me the spreadsheet is the way to go.

Any chance in the export feature containing this data in the near future so I can update the ones that are missing a description and upload them back up? Would be much easier for "reconciliation" versus pulling each domain up one by and and figuring out which have descriptions and which don't.

Thanks as always!
-Michael
Good morning @Michael M,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We do not offer this yet but I will relay your request to our product team as I understand it will help our users save a lot of time.

Have a great day.

•••
How long does it normally take Dan to accept a pushed name into their escrow account? I pushed a name about 12 hours ago, and they have yet to accept.
Dear Pjp1978,

This fully depends on the time of sending the domain.

Which domain is involved?

•••
Dear Pjp1978,

This fully depends on the time of sending the domain.

Which domain is involved?

Sent PM. Been about 20 hours now, and the domain still has not been accepted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back