IT.COM

Crypto Mining possible alternative to domain parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have seen my parking revenue declined to almost 1/4 the past few months. A few months ago I saw a case study of a website removing their ads and replacing them with java script code mining Monero( The coin monero is like bitcoin). When you use your computers cpu to solve cryptographic equations you help improve the security of Monero and and get paid for doing it.

Web browser mining is new and works using javascript and is non intrusive. I cant seem to find a good case study but there was a guy that published his experience. His income was small since the guy only had a small number of visitors but there is a case study of a german picture gallery website making more than 4 to 5thousand.

There are currently 2 providers for web browser mining:
JSEcoin
Coinhive

Im hoping you guys can try out this method so we can improve on this, Im currently using one of my fail listed domain and is mining monero at .005 or around $.50 cents per day.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started looking into this, but it's hard to predict mining revenue. Can you share how many uniques per day you need to make $0.50? My suspicion is you really need a lot of traffic to make money with this, and parked domains aren't sticky enough to make $.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Very interesting.

I wish there was a way to redirect traffic that is not being monetised well in parking to a script page like that automatically.

Thanks for letting us know.

•••
•••
Looks interesting... will give it a try

•••
Well look no further this is the best way you'll need to help lose your sales! & it's probably going to hurt the whole dn aftermarket.

Last edited:
•••
I seriously doubt domainers will target their visitors with virus to earn 20 cents a day. So probably not much of a threat to the aftermarket.

•••
Anyone tried CoimTraffic.io instead? For their crypto domains at least?

And what about a couple of sites I've seen with autogen content via RSS feeds.

Just saw prnewswire allows publishers to use their content. Tons of free content feeds

That plus content ads from

Revcontent?
Mgid?
Taboola?
Outbrain?

Just Google content ads or content marketing.

You've seen them on those mini sites with articles like.

"50 celebs caught on camera doing naughty things ":woot:

"10 best foods to eat to lose weight but won't cure UGLY":xf.grin:

"15 weird stories you never heard of!"

"Celebrity secrets exposed"

And then on the bottom you see content ads like the same above.

It's like a circle jerk but who cares someone is paying for the clicks.

•••
I started looking into this, but it's hard to predict mining revenue. Can you share how many uniques per day you need to make $0.50? My suspicion is you really need a lot of traffic to make money with this, and parked domains aren't sticky enough to make $.

you need about 5k visitors

•••
thanks for the info
but sorry it doesnt worth it... i saw in coinhive that they pay 0.000144 per 1 million hashes which worth about .01 and with simple math if you get 1 million visitor to your websites... assume that every visitor will earn you 30 hashes per second then you will earn about 1.296 monero per month which is 118 usd

1 million visitors to get only 118!! i thinks there are many ways to earn more than that with 1m visitor...
even fail listed or blocked domains can be monetized to earn more than that cheap

i even tried to use the short link option in coinhive and clicked on it and got 500 hashes for 1 click so need 2000 clicks to make 1 cent!! with 2000 clicks you can make 1 usd or more with (adfly) the most cheapest paying shorten links site in the world.
so i think it's useless in my opinion and doesnt worth it.

•••
My average ZeroClick RPM with ParkingCrew is ~$5...
So I don't see any reasons to use this mining...

•••
As the topic is about coin mining etc

It would be rude not to mention that my coinmina dot com is for sale lol

•••
its a waste of time i looked into mining plenty of times but prefer domain parking with traffic its far more profit than trying to mine coins everyone is trying now....

I wouldnt risk my domains with web mining its not allowed and not worth the risk affecting your domains...

Last edited:
•••
Back