Domain Empire

Alternative Revenue Ideas to Traditional Domain Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We've seen a lot of people write about changes with parking companies and their feed providers lately. Many domain owners have seen and written about the decrease in Revenue Per Click= RPC and wildly fluctuating RPC they get through parking companies.

The parking companies I've talked to don't deny paying lower Revenue Per Click but say there are many variables that effect the RPC. One told me straight up, at this time he can not pay the same RPC he once did.

Even with these decreases, Is there really a better alternative to earn revenue from our domain names than parking?

The alternatives I can think of are:

1. Pay Per Action on your blog or web page.

2. Adsense type ads on your blog or web page.

3. Affiliate ads on your blog or web page.

4. Then you have companies similar to DomainEmbarking which evolve landers/sites from keywords you enter.

With no web building experience, I'm quite limited to alternatives I can be successful at without involving another person for assistance.

What I've decided to do is start out by getting some blogs going, "See my sig below for examples" place some original content and adsense ads up, up-date and ad content regularly and find some nice affiliate ads.

Adsense for me so far is very stable with the RPC, not seeing much fluctuation at all over the last 5 days and averaging about $1.80 per click.

Share your experiences and Let's get some more ideas going on how to earn from our domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well,i tried adsense service on my affiliate.az domain name,this domain has only 0,30-0,40 cent daily. Would you suggest me anything?

•••
Before you kill this off...

I've had some luck with some expired domains and building them out as blogs with affiliate ads (not big bucks but..). Also selling eBay items on a expired domain can work if the domain is niche.

Note that if you build up the domains try to do some research on the "long tail" of keywords. Don't just develop your site with the keywords "free magazines" try to develop the keywords "free sports and fitness magazines" (one example).

Can anyone help sell my domains at eBay?

SOme are good names. Some have good income from parked.com. Some just have huge traffic (chinese), so not converting well. But some want to buy.

Also ever try redirecting to dating sites?

•••
I have an idea actually. Make a landing page filled with CPA offers and redirect all traffics to there.

Now, if anyone knows a good chinese affiliate, let me know. I tried chinesean.com with no good result yet.

•••
I've used SEDO & several others with very mixed results. For example, a domain that I have related to cheese makes killer revenue on sedo, and it isn't even a very good name (average over 100/mo without a lot of traffic; 55% clickthrough), but that's out of thousands of names that I've tried on SEDO with just a few evening getting close to paying the reg cost. I'm trying out Parked.Com right now with about 650 names that I don't currently have my own products or a good affiliate program to promote and it is actually looking okay so far, but it is far too early to tell. My best luck has been simply forwarding the traffic to affiliate products (I do this with clickbank programs for highly related terms for instance) and my own products. One of the things I've tried that has been pretty successful is buying master resale rights to products and building sales pages and having my domains forward to these. This has the added advantage of me getting 100% of the sales price (after cc or paypal fees anyway). But, from month to month I get drastically different results.

I'm also interested in any Chinese affiliate programs that pay just about anything at all, as well as Indian and Russian. Especially Russian. I find literally thousands of high traffic deleting domains a month with Russian traffic, but I have yet to make more than a dollar or two a month off any of the sites (for 8-10k uniques). Thinking about hiring some Russian and Chinese programmers on one of the freelance sites to convert some products and sales pages over...

In any case, thanks to all who have shared info. here; working together is, I believe, the key to makiing this industry really work. Best Wishes to all.

•••
Can you PM me some examples of sites with adsense and Amazon? Maybe a few that come up in google for the exact keyword of the domain name. Your 'Demo Site in Action' with the yahoo videos doesn't come up in google for any of the keywords I've entered, even for your unusual page title 'Sport Videos sport' I don't see it. I know it's indexed but not sure what keywords bring it up. I'd like to see if your service is SE friendly.

Thanks,
Dave

We're just promoting a client's site: SEOcreation.com, an alternative to parking where the site member can install content websites as well as blogs with great themes, at the click of a button.
Adsense, Amazon and other links and template changes are controlled by each site's admin panel.

Works out less than $1.00 a website, hosted. More flexibility and potential and an easy way to build up a network in a short space of time as you can add your own cross-network links.

•••
Nice ideas. I think one of the best ways is to hire people to write original content and make a minisite, with adsense on it.

Exactly. This is the only way I've found to see some sort of monetary return on parked domains. I've never seen money using any automated system or service.

•••
Becareful with adsense, they have been banning mini sites recently. Follow their terms exactly and watch who you get for content development.

•••
sedo is paying me about 0.26 cents per click

•••
Thanks for sharing DomainEmbarking ,will check it

•••
•••
I've never ran much traffic to my adsense sites. I actually did run some once by accident lol. I had a .net and .com name that were the same and I meant to run traffic to my .net name but ran it to the .com that had adsense on it. It did pretty good for the few days it ran but I cought it and stopped it because I don't wanna lose my adsense account.

My stock prices name in my sig does pretty good sometimes. It fluctuates up and down in google for that exact term so when it's number 2 on google just below yahoo I hit between $20-30 per day from natural traffic but when it drops down it hits much less.

I'm working on 225 other names with adsense on them that I hope to get ranking well over the next couple months and will update.

Becareful with adsense, they have been banning mini sites recently. Follow their terms exactly and watch who you get for content development.

•••
We've seen a lot of people write about changes with parking companies and their feed providers lately. Many domain owners have seen and written about the decrease in Revenue Per Click= RPC and wildly fluctuating RPC they get through parking companies.

The parking companies I've talked to don't deny paying lower Revenue Per Click but say there are many variables that effect the RPC. One told me straight up, at this time he can not pay the same RPC he once did.

Even with these decreases, Is there really a better alternative to earn revenue from our domain names than parking?

The alternatives I can think of are:

1. Pay Per Action on your blog or web page.

2. Adsense type ads on your blog or web page.

3. Affiliate ads on your blog or web page.

4. Then you have companies similar to DomainEmbarking which evolve landers/sites from keywords you enter.

With no web building experience, I'm quite limited to alternatives I can be successful at without involving another person for assistance.

What I've decided to do is start out by getting some blogs going, "See my sig below for examples" place some original content and adsense ads up, up-date and ad content regularly and find some nice affiliate ads.

Adsense for me so far is very stable with the RPC, not seeing much fluctuation at all over the last 5 days and averaging about $1.80 per click.

Share your experiences and Let's get some more ideas going on how to earn from our domains.

Hello

As u know what ur doing already, i want to ask from you that, as i have a domian with me, of which i am thinking to create a website, or blog, but i am thinking to make it on wix.com and make it for free.. and adding them adsense ads on it, and making it 4 to 5 page of website, do u think this is a good idea to do so, plz the niche is fitness, which is already poplar, so i am

thinking to develop a page or blog something and put some ads on it, so plz suggest me, is it right stuff to do so, as i am gonna use free wix stuff.

thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hi all, for affiliates, some of the best money i have made is with www.shoppingads.com (auctionads.com)

US$35 for a single click and the first payment for any affiliate program i have been with.

plz guide how to do so, but what if i dont know much about that niche, can i still make a website on it, and is it a good idea to make wix site free.

thx

•••
•••
well for me, i develop it, according to what the domain says, give it more content of my own, of course before i register it i have in mind what use will it be for me, who will benefit from it and then i write contents into it form it into a blog, a forum, something that entertains constant content additions. then buyers will just come because they can see you from the search engines, then it's your decition time whether you will sell it or not.

•••
I think it's time to breathe some new life into this thread.

•••
Answering a post from 2008 by a member last seen Feb 1, 2020, for Namepros members here present Dec 19, 2021. The question is: "Is there really a better alternative to earn revenue from our domain names than parking?" and the answer is a most definite yes. In simple terms you can use your domain name to develop a website and earn revenue by monetising the resulting traffic.

•••
Is there any company that incorporates "bulk" website development that is used to monetize domains in bulk? There used to be a company years ago that developed lander pages with the option of adding AdSense to them.

•••
Is there any company that incorporates "bulk" website development that is used to monetize domains in bulk? There used to be a company years ago that developed lander pages with the option of adding AdSense to them.
Does it work?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back