Dynadot

Alternative Revenue Ideas to Traditional Domain Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We've seen a lot of people write about changes with parking companies and their feed providers lately. Many domain owners have seen and written about the decrease in Revenue Per Click= RPC and wildly fluctuating RPC they get through parking companies.

The parking companies I've talked to don't deny paying lower Revenue Per Click but say there are many variables that effect the RPC. One told me straight up, at this time he can not pay the same RPC he once did.

Even with these decreases, Is there really a better alternative to earn revenue from our domain names than parking?

The alternatives I can think of are:

1. Pay Per Action on your blog or web page.

2. Adsense type ads on your blog or web page.

3. Affiliate ads on your blog or web page.

4. Then you have companies similar to DomainEmbarking which evolve landers/sites from keywords you enter.

With no web building experience, I'm quite limited to alternatives I can be successful at without involving another person for assistance.

What I've decided to do is start out by getting some blogs going, "See my sig below for examples" place some original content and adsense ads up, up-date and ad content regularly and find some nice affiliate ads.

Adsense for me so far is very stable with the RPC, not seeing much fluctuation at all over the last 5 days and averaging about $1.80 per click.

Share your experiences and Let's get some more ideas going on how to earn from our domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Tier1 direct access

We are open for a limited numbers of new publishers to enroll in our program.
We offer Tier1 feed and we allow a certain amount of click arb.

CPCs are higher than avg feed providers as we have direct access.

LMK if interested and I'll give you more details.

•••
•••
Great!!!! thread Dave C. I really appreciate it..keep up the good work always!!!thanks for the infos..

•••
•••
There seems to be a lot of discussion around mini sites, original content, alternatives to domain parking and adsenese, etc. I park my domains all of the place as no one company has a solution that works best. For trademark names I use Domain Sponsors using a redirect (and sometimes cloaking). For mini sites you can use the previously mentioned whypark.com, evolanding.com, the previously mentioned domainembarking.com and epinetwork.com. Each company has a slightly different spin on what they offer but all can get you going in the right direction for a mini site. Personally I've found that mini sites are the way to go, with custom images, content and a nice ad layout you can beat Googles quality scores and send tons of Google Content traffic to your domain. Most of this has already been discussed but I still wanted to chime in.

•••
I've tried domainembarking and whypark

and whypark is much better, imo. Granted it costs $100 one time fee, but the sites and the content are much more professional.

I didn't make squat after 45 days at Domain Embarking with CampusVitals.com but I've more than covered my yearly domain costs with it on Whypark in a week!

My first whypark site is in my signature if you want to see an example. If you like what you see and think it might be for you, a sign up from my homepage at the bottom would be appreciated!

Peace!

•••
stingrae said:
and whypark is much better, imo. Granted it costs $100 one time fee, but the sites and the content are much more professional.

I didn't make squat after 45 days at Domain Embarking with CampusVitals.com but I've more than covered my yearly domain costs with it on Whypark in a week!

My first whypark site is in my signature if you want to see an example. If you like what you see and think it might be for you, a sign up from my homepage at the bottom would be appreciated!

Peace!

I also like whypark. It makes the sites look alot better than just parking. Plus you can also customize them. My whypark sites are in my sig if anyone wants to check them out.

•••
I've developed my own parking site if anybody is interested in giving it a go. It's still a little prototypish, but I've been using it myself for over 4 months.

The only requirement is you have your own google adsense account (and some domains of course). You can cancel at any time and still keep your revenue (as it's on your adsense id).

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

The site is www.domainmeadow.com

•••
what excatly domain parking means!!???

•••
I've been with whypark for about 1 year now, and I like it so much, most of my whypark sites get indexed by google within 1st week, however lately I find it a lil bit trouble some, the host start to get up and down every now and then, heard that whypark is being updated but still it's annoying.

in general, I like it and would recommend it to anyone interested trying a new method other than parking site.

m608c said:
I also like whypark. It makes the sites look alot better than just parking. Plus you can also customize them. My whypark sites are in my sig if anyone wants to check them out.

•••
What others methods are out there???

•••
@budhi1976 does your adsense earning good in whypark ?, what about the traffic ?

•••
This is a nice new type of lander I've been seeing

YourSettlementsInfo dot com

Does anyone have any info on if this a parking company or if it is a site with a feed?

Looks just like what I've been wanting and a fantastic alternative to the parking landers I've been seeing and using.

•••
It's hosted on GoDaddy, so it's probably not parked.

•••
I tried www.domainembarking.com recently. I don't know with other people, but the entire site internals look like one big science project to me. It's like a building that is half-done, and yet being rented out to tenants already.

You can't even change your personal profile information and email address. The "supposed to be" Live Chat Technical Support, doesn't work. And there is nothing in the entire webpage that discussed how you will get paid. I mean, do they pay via PayPal, cheque, wire-transfer, etc? Nothing. No info. Even the layout of the button controls are somewhat appear to be "rushed" to production. Something like the programmer was probably trying to beat a deadline of some sort, and had to make do with placing buttons anywhere on the page.

Overall, the technology looks promising. But maybe they need to cook the site further. Kinda too raw too me, as of this time.

•••
alien51 said:
And there is nothing in the entire webpage that discussed how you will get paid. I mean, do they pay via PayPal, cheque, wire-transfer, etc? Nothing. No info.

Does anyone know how you get paid at domainembarking[dot]com?

•••
You earn from your adblock, I don't think there's a revenue sharing whatsoever with domainembarking dot com. All you need to do is setup your site, put your desired adblock, promote it and that's all.

They do put ads in our website for their income but not at prime locations.

Regarding earning from adsense, it depends on your targeted keywords and how well you promote your site, I only have one site with them and so far the performance isn't very good as I don't promote it at all, only rely on search engine. Oh ya, it got indexed pretty fast, only about 2 - 5 days and it's on google already.
Denman said:
Does anyone know how you get paid at domainembarking[dot]com?

•••
Hi all
this is my first post here...
I have tried two of my domains with domain embarking (check my sig - second and third line).... not sure how you get paid, but I have placed affiliate banners all over so I guess any paiments will come from those affiliates... it is quite interesting but from the surfer's point of view there is not much to see.... nevertheless I suppose it's a bit better from what you see in a simple parked domain...

•••
just a n00b here, any opinions on iModo ?
it seems to be better than traditional parking for monetization as it uses Web 2.0 features, which would probably be better for SEO (new term for me) :)
..just getting started and trying to find a good place to park/monetize

•••
I have tried two of my domains with domain embarking (check my sig - second and third line)....

btw I have changed the Miami domain and moved it with noomle which a FAR better service/concept!

•••
elias75 said:
btw I have changed the Miami domain and moved it with noomle which a FAR better service/concept!

Thanks for sharing!

I see your indexed in Google, Care to share any of your results thus far?

•••
•••
yes noomle is absolutely great! They provide a 100% user friendly CP plus an articles database - from where you can put articles on your domain. You put your own adsense or affiliate links and you get 100% of all the revenue! It is like having a website. No hosting costs whatsoever. All they ask is donations.
Highly recommended! I will move more of my domains with noomle pretty soon! Comparing to traditional parking services (btw I only used sedo parking - so I can talk about them really...) it is much more profitable! And you can promote your domain as you wish!!
For more info you can check the official Noomle thread here at Name Pros.... and of course ask me any other questions if you want!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back