Dynadot

Copyright & Trademark Laws

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know if it is possible to locate information on copyrights and trademarks other then going threw a lawyer :| i've looked around on the internet and I dont think paying around 200 bucks will be fun if I find out what I want copyrighted is already copyrighted... just a waste of cash.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
does this site only stand up in usa or is it world wide ?

•••
US trademarks only,Can check US copyrights aswell.

•••
are there any sites for canadian Copyright & Trademark Laws???

•••
threw a lawyer

Matt, I'm six feet tall and weigh 215 pounds. Just how far do you think you could throw me?

That's the patent search page, at which you will find no information about either trademarks or copyrights. It does nicely round out the main three areas of intellectual property, though.

I still don't know what this guy is looking for. Information about the laws? The laws themselves? Or information about individual registrations.

Searches of a database that includes US registered marks, among a boatload of other things in the database, are over here:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=piga0k.1.1

The probability of correctly interpreting your search results, if you are not familiar with the variety of things in that database, is extremely low.

Copyrights are easy. If (a) it is an original work of authorship, and (b) it was produced after 1922, then there is a high likelihood it is protected by a copyright. Copyright accrues automatically when a work is created. Registration of a copyright provides some additional benefits, and you can search copyright registrations here:

http://www.copyright.gov/records/

I gather from your question that there is a high probability that you don't know the difference between copyrights and trademarks, but the links above should provide you with plenty of rope.

Last edited:
•••
lol spelling mistake. :P

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back