IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anyone is NEW to these deals, you can choose your username if you set up an account FIRST using this link:
http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948

My Domain is the best deal for today's promo because future renewals are the cheapest

Wow, that was exhausting. Took a couple hours to rethink my Standby list and spin some new names. Luckily I had a several NET and this beat every other deal out there so that part was easy.

I found a hidden page, that turned out to be pointless. It was Bulk Search - 25 at a time HOWEVER once you add them all into cart it STILL puts all names at 2 years so you have to do the drop down for each one and it takes about one minute to refresh every time. I took a risk and did 25 and it took a good half hour, proly will do batches of 10 from now on
https://secure.mydomain.com/register/bulk_search.bml

Coupon expired - $1.99 PROMO still active J̶A̶N̶1̶7̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶i̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶1̶1̶:̶5̶9̶P̶M̶ ̶1̶3̶ ̶J̶a̶n̶u̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶P̶A̶C̶I̶F̶I̶C̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶(̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶6̶.̶5̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶)̶ ̶and who cares if the promo is still live : grin :

Since all are sister companies with similar interfaces is there one at Domain/com or Dotster?

You can "hack" any of the links from one sibling to the other - just substitute the reseller you want in the link, most of the time that works fine
https://secure.mydomain.com/register/bulk_search.bml
https://secure.domain.com/register/bulk_search.bml
https://secure.netfirms.com/register/bulk_search.bml
https://secure.dotster.com/register/bulk_search.bml

NetFirms bulk does NOT work, and the sale isn't happening at Domain, but the bulk tool works.

Last edited:
•••
$1.99 PROMO still active as of Sat Jan 14 17:30 UTC 2017

J̶A̶N̶1̶7̶ Coupon expired

AFF15 is tested working for new regs - kudos to @kaposzta for finding this coupon!

Total: $1.69 Coupon Applied: AFF15: Save 15% with no minimum purchase (exclusions apply).

Please post VERIFIED working coupons if there are any more to share

If you are NEW to SuperSales here are some more codes to try - they may work IF you have not hit the limit for each code.
You will have to test each one for yourself WHILE you are logged in, so best to test with a single domain so you don't risk losing a whole cartful
SALE20 - 20% off NVU - 15% off Googlelady - 15% off 15SALE - 15% off

You CAN also set up another account at another sibling OR multiple accounts at one sibling*
http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948

My cart logged out it took so long yesterday so now I am the proud owner of three MyDomain accounts : rolleyes : I asked in November when it accidentally set up the second account and support said it wasn't an issue. In my case it wasn't on purpose, it was due to the cart taking so bleeping long. There was no way I was going to spend another half hour reloading my cart. I cannot recommend purposefully creating multiple accounts as a way to abuse the coupon limits. The only positive is now I can practice pushing to myself and I will likely attempt to move all into one account because having three accounts is just tedious.

•••
AFF15 is a working code.

So far haven't found one higher than 15% that is working.

•••
Here is a question for Domain/com and sister companies.

When it comes time to renew are you allowed to transfer between sister companies using promo codes?

I know most registrars will not have a promo code to renew, but do any of these registrars have them?

•••
Here is a question for Domain/com and sister companies.

When it comes time to renew are you allowed to transfer between sister companies using promo codes?

I know most registrars will not have a promo code to renew, but do any of these registrars have them?

it was asked on netifmrs thread if u want to check there.

the best soluton is to call them and ask.
it appears no domainer will know better than they do.

it may be possible... definitely not under $2 promo when they have one imo.
but shoudl be ok for regular transf. fee.
coupons are questionable too imo for this.

u'd need to call.

•••
Remember the days of .99 cent domains.

Well this is almost as good.

The good old days are back - kinda!!

I just wish we could push domains as easily as with GD.

•••
Did 2 pushes last night - over an hour to complete using chat support. Hey Dotster, you will make more profit if you let this be automated. Lol.

•••
I wonder why Domain/com and sister co's removed the push function.

The interfaces are pretty easy to use and work pretty good.

It would be great if they would bring back the push feature.

I hope they do soon!

•••
Did 2 pushes last night - over an hour to complete using chat support. Hey Dotster, you will make more profit if you let this be automated. Lol.

hmmm I did it a push a week ago too
it was remarkably easy:
owner called them and said "remove doaminx from my account"
1 minute later, he emails to say its removed.
then I login and use addexsiting gthen type the name and its all in my account.

•••
hmmm I did it a push a week ago too
it was remarkably easy:
owner called them and said "remove doaminx from my account"
1 minute later, he emails to say its removed.
then I login and use addexsiting gthen type the name and its all in my account.

I can dream of that happening for me. I couldn't call because it was late and can't wake up my household yelling at Dotster reps :)

•••
I wonder why Domain/com and sister co's removed the push function.

The interfaces are pretty easy to use and work pretty good.

It would be great if they would bring back the push feature.

I hope they do soon!
Support told me that they removed the push function because some IT people were stealing their clients domains by simply pushing the domain into an account in their own name.

•••
Support told me that they removed the push function because some IT people were stealing their clients domains by simply pushing the domain into an account in their own name.

That doesn't seem to stop most other registries, even the biggest ones, from giving us a push function.

I wish they would put it back.

Then using their services would be great.

The missing push function is the main fault I find with Domain/com and related co's.

•••
I updated whois after my new regs and you have to click validate emails on each name, they sent two per name and I had >50?

Unless someone knows a better way? They fill whois auto from pay info, I can't find how to change default whois for new regs

argh So tired. I think I will leave it be and deal later

Promo still active - Sun Jan 15 07:08:51 UTC 2017

unx not active

•••
I updated whois after my new regs and you have to click validate emails on each name, they sent two per name and I had >50?

Unless someone knows a better way? They fill whois auto from pay info, I can't find how to change default whois for new regs

argh So tired. I think I will leave it be and deal later

Promo still active - Sun Jan 15 07:08:51 UTC 2017

unx not active

You talking about Dotster?

Go here:
https://www.dotster.com/controlpanel/domaincentral/3.0/

Select all domains (if you own a lot use the drop down to make it show as many as possible)

Scroll down

Click Modify Domains

Click Set Contact Info

Change, Save, Done.

Works for me and I never have to confirm via email. Not sure why you have to.

•••
Works for me and I never have to confirm via email. Not sure why you have to

It is because of the new ICANN rule that went into effect recently.

Some registrars are giving an opt out option for this.

I don't know if Dotster and sister co's are doing this

Last edited:
•••
I just registered few domains in one cart. Whois record of two domains is not indicate Domain.com registrar. One of them is Tucows, another - FastDomain. Have you ever seen such a think? :)

•••
I just registered few domains in one cart. Whois record of two domains is not indicate Domain.com registrar. One of them is Tucows, another - FastDomain. Have you ever seen such a think? :)

happens all time on all kinds of registrars
save yourself time and worry in future and skip everything except the part tat's supposed to give your name as domain owner

cheers

•••
Domain/com and sister co's transfer lock is interesting.

When regging a new domain - there is the typical 60 lock.

When transferring in from another registrar it seems to keep the original creation date.

pic.jpg

So I guess there is no 60 day lock with this?

Seems fishy!

Does this mean I can transfer out now or is this a mistake?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
•••
Domain/com and sister co's transfer lock is interesting.

When regging a new domain - there is the typical 60 lock.

When transferring in from another registrar it seems to keep the original creation date.

Show attachment 47235

So I guess there is no 60 day lock with this?

Seems fishy!

Does this mean I can transfer out now or is this a mistake?

Has anyone else noticed this?

i already tried it
it does not work to transfer it out before 60 days are up
that #days just shows you how old domain is.
if in doubt use whois to see if your domain has transfer lock status
i guess they should make distinction but they do not .. oh well... I guess we gotta live with it or just chose not to use them.. choice is ours hehehe

transfer domain to any registrar and it gets locked for 60 days. it's rule for all places. i guess its icann rule.

Last edited:
•••
transfer domain to any registrar and it gets locked for 60 days. it's rule for all places. i guess its icann rule.

Yeah, I know about the 60 day lock.

I just thought maybe it was a mistake and we could transfer out before 60 days.

Too bad!!

•••
Yeah, I know about the 60 day lock.

I just thought maybe it was a mistake and we could transfer out before 60 days.

Too bad!!

nope... no mistkes in rules :)
if icann puts lock on it, registrar can't change it even if they wanted to :)

it just keep track of domain age.. cool feature really
but it can mislead in cases like this I Guess
cheers

•••
It is because of the new ICANN rule that went into effect recently.

Some registrars are giving an opt out option for this.

I don't know if Dotster and sister co's are doing this
Yes they are!

Just click on contacts for each domain and it has a box to click or unclick for the 60 day lock for contact changes.

The cool thing is that they give me the option to turn the 60 day transfer lock on and off at will for each one of my domains individually and it takes effect instantly and without having to contact support to do it. I like it.

Last edited:
•••
Yes they are!

Just click on contacts for each domain and it has a box to click or unclick for the 60 day lock for contact changes.

The cool thing is that they give me the option to turn the 60 day transfer lock on and off at will for each one of my domains individually and it takes effect instantly and without having to contact support to do it. I like it.

just to avoid confusion for others, this has nothing to do with 60 day transfer lock after you bring domain to dotster. that cannot be opted out of.

this is only for not locking it after changing contact info

•••
$1.99 PROMO still active Sun Jan 15 23:00 UTC 2017

AFF15 still working at MyDomain and Dotster
Total: $1.69 Coupon Applied: AFF15: Save 15% with no minimum purchase (exclusions apply).
AFF15 NOT working at NetFirms

Every time I see this thread bumped I am afraid someone noticed the promo ended and I go run and check! Even though I got my names already : crazy :
Has lasted a long time, thank Neptune, I am very happy it wasn't a flash six hour one.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back