IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just in.

Dotster sale.

Dots_sale.png

Fine Print-

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. RESOLUTIONS coupon and offer ends January 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. RESOLUTIONS coupon is good for 35% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase required. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Domain.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES
Works for Transfers at NetFirms, works for New Registrations at MyDomain

http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296
http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948
http://www.netfirms.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839949

I am not bothering to test Dotster since they are my last choice.

nice

however when I looked things over quickly for rates.. I noticed dotster offers ome of lowest transfer prices for things like biz... info.. etc.. :)

unless its same elsewhere too.. its just that on domcomp I see doster appear before others in many extensions

•••
COM NET ORG BIZ INFO US for ALL resellers Transfer Base Price is $8.29 - with coupon RESOLUTIONS $5.39

•••
@alcy - at DomComp it appears they pull info without updating so the other siblings are wrong

WOW, just for fun I tested RENEWAL and it worked - except this is at Dotster so now you all understand why they are my last choice?
.com renew - 1̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶7̶.̶4̶9̶ billed one time $11.37 Total: $11.37

Someone else will have to test renewals everywhere else, I got too many transfers in the works!

•••
For quick reference - Good Deal if you have Renewals at Domain and MyDomain, not so much for NF and Dotster
........................Renewal Price.....35% Discount
Domain.com............$11.49..........$7.47
MyDomain.com........$11.99..........$7.79
NetFirms.com...........$13.49..........$8.77
Dotster.com..............$17.49..........$11.37

•••
For quick reference - Good Deal if you have Renewals at Domain and MyDomain, not so much for NF and Dotster
........................Renewal Price.....35% Discount
Domain.com............$11.49..........$7.47
MyDomain.com........$11.99..........$7.79
NetFirms.com...........$13.49..........$8.77
Dotster.com..............$17.49..........$11.37

yes! good deal! pretty good deal to renew some of your biz info net org too!
about same as com I think. so its not bad!

transfering .com as renewal method to other places is I think 8,1 cheapest all around.. at epik.com.. so this beats it. plus the conveienience of just clicking renew button versus codes and accept emails evrywhere! :)

•••
Just completed transfers.

Anyone know what this is?

Current Registrar: OpenHRS

•••
Super Top Parent - division of Tucows, you're good

PS on the transfer manager page eventually it will say
*****.com OpenHRS Completed - Managed by [RSP Name Here]

And if they show completed in transfer manager, but not in control panel, so there's no little checkbox on the left, you can click on the domain and REFRESH to do bulk actions etc

Last edited:
•••
Mini details for BZ Belize transfer special
For some reason NetFirms and NetFirms only has BZ priced at $16.95 so with today's coupon the transfer cost is $11.02

Coupon RESOLUTIONS expires 11:59PM 1 January 2017

So my dam bz got stuck in transfer and I have to get on chat to unstick it. Literally dam dot bz is the domain so I was cursing the losing registrar dam dam bz! LOL UNX has done too many transfers and must sleep oh yeah and eat tee hee

Last edited:
•••
TWO HOURS TO GO - Crunch Time! Ends 11:59PM Pacific 1 January 2017
Coupon Code RESOLUTIONS 35%

Domain.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES
MyDomain.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES
NetFirms.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES

http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296
http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948

New Coupon - New Years Day ONLY

RESOLUTIONS 35%

Kick off 2017 with a brand new website! Save 35% on new products and services on MyDomain.com with coupon code RESOLUTIONS. Sale ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.

•••
New Coupon
NEWYEARS17 coupon ends January 4, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. NEWYEARS17 coupon is good for 20% off new .COM and .NET domain names with no minimum purchase.
Works on Transfers if you missed out yesterday

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. NEWYEARS17 coupon ends January 4, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. NEWYEARS17 coupon is good for 20% off new .COM and .NET domain names with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

1701-2017x01b-myd_hero.png

Last edited:
•••
New Coupon
NEWYEARS17 coupon ends January 4, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. NEWYEARS17 coupon is good for 20% off new .COM and .NET domain names with no minimum purchase.
Works on Transfers if you missed out yesterday

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. NEWYEARS17 coupon ends January 4, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. NEWYEARS17 coupon is good for 20% off new .COM and .NET domain names with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

1701-2017x01b-myd_hero.png

Spoiler says it is not good for transfers.

Also, which registrars does this work for?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Always ignore the Fine Print and try anyway - yesterdays fine print said the same!
Yep, good advice!

This coupon was NOT on domain's FB page so my guess would be no. I think I am not on their mailing list, maybe @Domaniak will be kind enough to share if this was sent by email for Domain.com

Working at MyDomain NetFirms Dotster
NEWYEARS17
COM NET ONLY - no other extensions this time
YES, received it today by email from DOMAIN.COM (y)

•••
•••
I wish they would do the 1.99 sale again soon.

•••
Something is very wonky with Domain.com, had issues yesterday as well so someone else must test. I keep getting redirected to signup again even if I am already logged in, can't check names from main page or from domain central.

@Cdomains - you'll have to be tester today for domain.com

•••
•••
I keep getting redirected to signup again even if I am already logged in

This has been happening to me too for a couple of days now.

•••
•••
Are the days of the $1.99 transfers over? Been since Oct I think.

•••
•••
This has been happening to me too for a couple of days now.
OK I wasn't sure if it was just me. I did ONE test transfer yesterday w coupon that worked, was planning to do the rest, then it went Kaplooey and I did the rest at MyDomain

Not sure if 20% is a big enough savings to try it.
You don't actually purchase anything - you just get to the cart and plug in the coupon then bail! Moot point if their site is wonky domain.com

•••
Are the days of the $1.99 transfers over? Been since Oct I think.

Transfers for $1.99 was not supposed to happen I would guess, a mistake on their part, I expect to never see that again. Did you miss all of yesterday? It was $5.39

It has been a month now since the last Promo : sad :

$̶1̶.̶9̶9̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶/̶N̶E̶T̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶m̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ - Thu Dec 1 - 14:18:32 UTC 2016

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back