NameSilo

domain Comtribute Your Thoughts To A List Of The Values For All Types Of LLLL.com's...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hey,

I think we need this on NP, there are too many appraisals for LLLL.com's asking the same thing, I just made an inquiry a few minutes ago so let me start and if anyone can contribute the value of any of these please place it bellow.

From 4LetterNoob:
Anti-premium: $35
Single Premium: $35
Double Premium: $40

Triple Premiums:
with Q: $45
with X: $50
with Z: $55
with Y: $65
with J: $70
with V: $85
with K: $90
with U: $120
with W: $140

Quad Premiums: $330-$1000+ depending on the letters.
Lower Quality Premiums: H, F, G
2 Strongest Premium Letters: A, S
Other High Quality Premiums: E, M, D, I, T, O

Letter position is also important: C,I,L make stronger ending letters than they typically are elsewhere in an LLLL.com.

A and O are strong in either the starting or ending position and S is stronger in the starting position.

Quad Premiums containing 3 of the same letters (eg: SOOO.com) tend to sell at a significant premium, regardless of the quality the letters are.

quad premium triple letter: $1XXX at auction

Triple Premiums (including non-premiums): $500-$3000+ (Depends On the letter quality, traffic, age, end users, collectibility

When the triple letter pattern is broken up (e.g. ABAA): $300-$1200 (depending on if premium or not, as well as factors mentioned above)

repeat letters containing at least 1 bad letter tend to sell for $500-$1500.

AABB types (e.g. AABB.com): $500-$2000+
(With $500 Being Anti-premium such as XXQQ.com)
(With $1000+ being what all premium conbinations e.g. TTII)

ABBA types (e.g. ABBA.com): $300+

(premium combinations extremely difficult to obtain under $800) - Usually
$1XXX.

Now, if anyone can help chip in and provide the values for:
CVCV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
CVCY, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
CYCV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
CYCY, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VCVC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VCYC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
YCVC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
YCYC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VVVV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VVVC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VVCV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VCVV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
CVVV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
CVVC, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)
VCCV, (Premium, Anti-premium, etc.)

It would be much appreciated and anyothers I missed out, as soon as I get enough for a list, I'll make another thread for all the values.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
please guys, any would be appreciated for everyone

•••
please guys,

any knowledge place it here

•••
Thing is, you pretty much said a lot of important things there...and I can only conclude that prices highly depend on numerous factors and not one alone.

I personally think a good placement of those bad letters can actually be very valuable. E.g. a triple premium with a 'Q' wouldn't necessarily be at $45. Do you see something like FAQs.com (triple premium with Q, and a common Abbr.) going for $45?

Also, sometimes the buyer sees something that the seller doesn't see. Many here only speak one or two languages so there are tons of acronyms and abbr. we don't realize. Quite a while ago I was sold a domain at what I thought was a bargain price. It had triple premium letters and was also a common pronounceable acronym (I'm not sure if the seller realized that).

IMHO it's a whole lot more accurate to appraise the value of the LLLL.com when you know exactly what those 4 letters are.

•••
•••
The LLLL.com price guide (4 Letter Noob) is mainly focussed on allowing someone to quickly estimate the value of a large number of LLLL.coms in a reseller environment. That's also a major reason why I stay away from providing much in the way of details on pronounceables -- prices can vary so much on these that I really wouldn't want it on my conscience that someone sold out for thousands too cheap or bought for thousands too much...

If you had 100 non-pronounceable triple premiums + X and resold in a reseller environment, what's reported on my blog (4 Letter Noob) would almost guaranteed be within +/- 30% of what you obtain. On a single LLLL.com however, my blog (or any appraisal, really) is highly inaccurate -- we just can't account for things like endusers or why a certain domain may go for more on a particular day than the exact same domain would on a different day (different bidders, different market conditions, different amounts of now available disposable income, etc).

As dezinerite has said -- bad letters aren't "bad" in every situation, as the FAQs example provided below elucidates and as sales of strong acronyms such as UK or RX in example reinforce.

To accurately appraise any 4 letter .com in a reseller environment (this is the only type of appraisal I believe in giving -- nobody is qualified to tell you what an enduser will pay), you'd certainly need to know the name in question, it's pronounceability and the desirability of the letters (including in other languages and how it's desirability in foreign languages may influence it's value to a predominantly English domaining population) and the desirability of the order in which they present themselves, the likelihood of finding an enduser, whether there's any significant traffic or age which may complement it's value, any significant collector value (may be influenced by rarity, pronounceability, or other characteristics such as extreme age, extremely premium letters, all vowels,...), what similar names have gone for recently (if this data is available), current trends and fads, the availability of comparable domains (more choice likely means less value),... There really are an infinitesimal amount of factors influencing the value of a particular domain on a particular day, and I'm sure a statistician could draw up another hundred I neglected to mention (eg. how might selling right at tax time influence domain valuation? Chances are that big domainers are paying in whereas smaller domainers may be getting some money back, could this have an effect?).

- http://4letternoob.wordpress.com/2008/05/05/what-is-my-llllcom-worth/

Edit: Got this thread highlighted + stickied -- hope it helps better understand what everyone's LLLL.coms are worth :)

dezinerite said:
Thing is, you pretty much said a lot of important things there...and I can only conclude that prices highly depend on numerous factors and not one alone.

I personally think a good placement of those bad letters can actually be very valuable. E.g. a triple premium with a 'Q' wouldn't necessarily be at $45. Do you see something like FAQs.com (triple premium with Q, and a common Abbr.) going for $45?

Also, sometimes the buyer sees something that the seller doesn't see. Many here only speak one or two languages so there are tons of acronyms and abbr. we don't realize. Quite a while ago I was sold a domain at what I thought was a bargain price. It had triple premium letters and was also a common pronounceable acronym (I'm not sure if the seller realized that).

IMHO it's a whole lot more accurate to appraise the value of the LLLL.com when you know exactly what those 4 letters are.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thanks....should clear up a lot of threads for LLLL.coms...

•••
I agree with Reece om this one.

•••
I come from a purely SEO/M WPP background, so bare with me. Firstly, I felt I needed to really learn domaining to better help my clients. To be honest I've concluded that any seo expert must do the same to remain competitive or at least competent, IMHO. I have a firm grasp of searched terms and keyword strengths within domain names of course, but what I can't seem to grasp is valuations based on letters alone. How can I get a more full understanding of the concepts? Can someone point me to a thread that will explain anti-premium, single-double-triple-quad premium and so on? There are so many people out there confusing all of these terms. (muckers)

Just to throw this out there. I purchased a portfolio of several LLLL.com names last year. As an example, one is VXPR.com. I thought I could do something with PR and a play on VX (as in the GAS). Once again this is coming from my marketing viewpoint, but I have no clue what the fundamental valuation process would be for the domain itself. If anyone would be so kind as to autopsy this name and explain it, I'd appreciate it.

cheers

•••
From a domainer pov - vxpr is a double premium with the added advantage of pr. So probably $50-$100 at best.

However vx is commonly used for cars and pr for the auto industry is a multi million dollar business, so used correctly the domain is easily worth $500 or more.

Here's my take on LLLL.com pricing -
http://www.mwzd.com/2008/04/04/the-llllcom-conundrum/

•••
IMHO it could all be considered acceptable if appraisers would put "IMHO" before their statements instead of saying things like "It is worth ...". There are no official valuation tables anywhere - Only in-house ideas. Value estimation is just a matter of Belief: People pay for what they think is important for their goals. Whatever tables are referred to, seller and buyer will usually try to get most out of it. What characters and character combinations are "good" or "bad" is subjective to many individual factors. Most of all some appraisal advice we find on the www indicate that most domains have been sold for more or less than what many people think is fair. We see that people want to make as much money as possible (buy low, sell high), but people very often are upset over the success from others. All the appraising techniques as presented around on the www are very nice, but subjective. We cannot pretend that the best domains are brand-able English + descriptive and in the same time expect them to be shorter than one or two words. It is either one thing or the other. Anyway, fact is that there is always somebody somewhere sometime who pays the asking price, whatever it is. Keywords are Publicity and Patience. A lot of work has been put in appraising systems, indeed. Congratulations for that, but imho appraisals do can be a reference for resellers, but usually not for end users. The main decisive factors are usually budget, intentions, and inside information that appraisers are not aware about.
On the Internet since 1993, I see that all attempts to create popular pricing references only pull prices down. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.
For Stevenh: VXPR is unforgettable to me, and probably to most other people. Since a domain is just an address, VXPR can be used for anything. If I am allowed to give my opinion: Don't let go for less than a few thousand $$$'s.

•••
Not Enough Information

It's generally very difficult to put a value on anything knowing only WHAT it is. Knowing WHEN it is, WHERE it is and WHO the buyer is add three very important dimensions to the answer. I'm an engineer and I want to be able to pick up a price guide and find out exactly what something is worth. The fact that that's not always feasible made me a little uneasy when I went into the antique furniture business. People were constantly asking me what there grandma's old bed was worth and there's just no simple answer. When are you going to sell it? Where? Are your customers going to be antique bed collectors or tin toy collectors?

It's very difficult to define, describe or valuate anything accurately without knowing any more than WHAT it is. You have to make a lot of assumptions if you do.

Thanks for letting me comment.

•••
I have to give allroundguy props on that post. After doing a bit of investigation VXPR isn't only bound to PR but also to XPR as in Video Express and I should think this a valuable domain to anyone in the video market. Just checking back in.

Cheers

•••
i can get the maind idea now!

•••
much easier starting from now. Thanks!

•••
great hope this answers some peoples questions!

•••
When the name is premium, it should also be shot as possible and again it should make meaning. Then you can say that it is premium.

•••
dezinerite said:
... Do you see something like FAQs.com (triple premium with Q, and a common Abbr.) going for $45?

well.. you can't put FAQS.com and LLLL.com in the same level.

•••
i only have one , but i think its a great acronym

ybhi.com , your best health infomation

most would read it as yb high ??

•••
It's great sharing about LLLL.com valuation..
Thanks guys

•••
•••
Yeah, those were the good old days ;)

evirtual1 said:
wow ....old thread

Here are some more accurate minimum wholesales today based on what was seen Apr 01-17, 2009:

Minimum Wholesale: $4.00

10th Percentile: $8.00

25th Percentile: $15.39

Median: $26.00

75th Percentile: $90.00

90th Percentile: $500.00

Triple Premium: $5.50

Quad Premium: $110.00

For anyone looking to get a better idea of what a particular LLLL.com is worth, I recommend visiting http://www.llllsales.com

•••
Starting to make a bit more sense now.Thanx for the info

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back