Dynadot

Community forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

garpiya

Account Closed
Impact
How helpful is community forum is on the web site of the hosting provider (godaddy, aspnix, etc.)?
Are they really helpful in fixing problems?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That will differ for different providers. Only way is to ask their customers how much helpful the forums are. Generally the forums can help in lot of ways. Clients can communicate with each other. Those who are interested to start hosting with a particular company can discuss about the service with existing clients etc.

•••
Community forums can often be helpful. However, as long as you are with a provider with reliable customer service, you will be able to get your issues resolved faster via support ticket

•••
To an extent. The general concept behind a community is that peer to peer support will be the foundation laid. Now there are certainly exceptions to that rule, as each company runs their community in a different manner. I do find that peer to peer (customer to customer) support is a good thing, because oftentimes it provides an addendum to support methods. The idea being that by the simple principle of volume, some other customer may have experienced the issue as well. In that case, they may know the resolution when the support technician might have to research it or contact a vendor. Of course this is a specific example, but it certainly helps. As an extension of that, perhaps it is an issue that the company itself doesn't necessarily support, but that another customer used the same product/service.

•••
That is the FAQ which is growing occasionally. That is very good idea as well as the way to shaw that web hosting provider is trying to be as close as possible to their customers

•••
To an extent. The general concept behind a community is that peer to peer support will be the foundation laid. Now there are certainly exceptions to that rule, as each company runs their community in a different manner. I do find that peer to peer (customer to customer) support is a good thing, because oftentimes it provides an addendum to support methods. The idea being that by the simple principle of volume, some other customer may have experienced the issue as well. In that case, they may know the resolution when the support technician might have to research it or contact a vendor. Of course this is a specific example, but it certainly helps. As an extension of that, perhaps it is an issue that the company itself doesn't necessarily support, but that another customer used the same product/service.

I agree with you and I'm assuming you have the same with your services. Mainly the are the reasons why community forums were started.

•••
That is great thing, that allows yoiu to be closer to the customers and that is very positive and I believe that makes customers more loyal

•••
I can say that community forum is really helpful thing, I have tried them on hostgator, aspnix and some other companies and I got help very quickly.
I trust more companies with this kind of hosting support.

•••
community forum is a great thing.. thats one of the things i look for when looking for hosting,
so just in case support ticket can get a while you can always ask for a hand in the community..

Last edited:
•••
community forum is a great thing.. thats one of the things i look for when looking for hosting,
so just in case support ticket can get a while you can always ask for a hand in the community..

That is the way to have the customers feel safe. If they know they can post in the forum and their request will be answered that makes them loyal. But better have minimum requests from the customers. Provide everything clear and professional

•••
How helpful is community forum is on the web site of the hosting provider (godaddy, aspnix, etc.)?
Are they really helpful in fixing problems?

You cannot expect everything form every community forum. But it helps in many cases. It depends on its provider.

•••
You cannot expect everything form every community forum. But it helps in many cases. It depends on its provider.
At least the mentioned companies -godaddy and aspnix - has provided their forum in a positive way, they are responsive and helpful in many things.
You may contact them to assure in that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back