Dynadot

Chrome's built-in Adblocker launching on the 15th of February

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is what caught my attention:
It’s important to note that some sites affected by this change may also contain Google ads. To us, your experience on the web is a higher priority than the money that these annoying ads may generate—even for us.

Full article here:
https://9to5google.com/2018/02/14/google-chrome-ad-blocker-launch/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice move, that will be drive out google competitor LOL

•••
Matters none to me.... my uBlock Origin with Tapermonkey and the Reek Anti Adblock killer script loaded gets me through anything. Even paywalls are no match for this and I can easily remove overlays that darken the screen so content cannot be read.

For me the chrome version will be an annoyance and can hopefully be shut off because I don't want two blockers slowing down my browser.

•••
Just a headsup,

that was posted to the parking section because of the possibility of said blocker blocking parking pages and adsense ads.

It's only 24hrs since we know what will really happen but if parked pages get blocked that will have a huge impact to the parking industry.

It's one thing for a computer literate user to setup the browser according to their tastes (addons, adblocks, etc.) and another to have it already been setup by G to block ads... even their own.

•••
a lot of people already use adblocker
myslef included. in chrome.

but I can still see my parking crew ad page with it turned on

•••
Just a headsup,

that was posted to the parking section because of the possibility of said blocker blocking parking pages and adsense ads.

It's only 24hrs since we know what will really happen but if parked pages get blocked that will have a huge impact to the parking industry.

It's one thing for a computer literate user to setup the browser according to their tastes (addons, adblocks, etc.) and another to have it already been setup by G to block ads... even their own.

Funny you should say that....

I cannot see any parking page, I just see www.domain.com/xzc

So the page is completely blank, no trace of anything but when I see the domain in the address bar with 3-4 random letters behind it I know there is a parked page present.

Parked pages have long since been blocked by ad blockers. I have posted about that a number of times already saying that personal landing pages are a much better alternative. Just add your own ads and if the ads are blocked at least your landing page will still be visible. On parked pages I am finding the whole page gets removed by my ad blocker which is not good news for the domain owner trying to sell the domain.

•••
a lot of people already use adblocker
myslef included. in chrome.

but I can still see my parking crew ad page with it turned on

@alcy Give me your address and I will see what my blocker shows

•••
Give me your address and I will see what my blocker shows

ok ty

well... I have pretty much all my domains with parking crew.. so you can try example:

lyz
.co

•••
As I already said,
it's one thing for people like you (ie. computer literate) to use adblockers and a completely different thing for everyone to use an adblocker.

We are talking about the most commonly used browser coming with an adblocker built-in (using the easylist which afaik blocks parked pages).

So far, only a certain % used adblockers (which imo it was low enough as to not affect parking much)..but now, if G blocks its own ads by default, well.. I don't even want to think about it.

•••
ok ty

well... I have pretty much all my domains with parking crew.. so you can try example:

lyz
.co

Not everything blocked on this site but see attached, almost everything is gone.

Picture0001.png

•••
As I already said,
it's one thing for people like you (ie. computer literate) to use adblockers and a completely different thing for everyone to use an adblocker.

We are talking about the most commonly used browser coming with an adblocker built-in (using the easylist which afaik blocks parked pages).

So far, only a certain % used adblockers (which imo it was low enough as to not affect parking much)..but now, if G blocks its own ads by default, well.. I don't even want to think about it.

yes... that woudl be awful. I have some bucks invested in revenue domains too so I do not want to loose it.. and I know tons of people still make huge parkign revenues per month etc..
yourself also I am sure you are not bringing up this whole issue because you make $10 per month form park revenue.

so this would be awful.

I am not sure how the new setup will work. all I know is I use the most common adblocked extension for chrome now.. and I still see my ad. that's without modifying the extension.. just default settings. so I am not sure I folow when you say there is difference between me using this adblocker and somoene who knows less about computers. I think end result should be same.. and both I and they see the parked page okay. sorry if I missed something.

but for future.. I am not sure.. but you are not the only one with interest in park revenue.. cause your parking company has even more intereat in making money.. so I am hoping they wil adjust things accordingly to eliminate or minimize damage

•••
Not everything blocked on this site but see attached, almost everything is gone.

Show attachment 80574

hmmm so you see nothing in terms of ads then.. just sale banner.
what do you use again??

I use chrome+adblock plus

I see this :

upload_2018-2-14_15-3-32.png

•••
As I already said,

You are correct, I am an advanced user but I aslo set up my parents, my grandparents, my kids, my business, my inlaws etc. They all use the same setup and I had to do it because the regular adblockers like adblock plus got nag screens to white list. So guys like me are setting up a to of people because we keep getting complaints that the nag screens are interfering with the adblockers.

So far my combination has not been blocked by forbes.com and bild.de which have the most ferocious adblocker blocking campaign out there. The combo used gets through anything.

I have probably set up over 200 computers with this set up and placed countless tutorials on other forums.

If everything went back to the old google ads text scripts then there would be no issues but videos, pop up, pop unders, nag screens, windows without an x to close. Holy crap, my parents are elderly and my 10 year old son is telling them to install uBlock.

I think the percentage is higher than what you think it is.

•••
what do you use again??

I see this :

Show attachment 80575

uBlock origin removes the page almost entirely and it is the hottest blocker out there right now, growing the fastest.

Last edited:
•••
@alcy
what I mean is that, so far only people who knew their way around computers knew about adblockers, how to protect themselves online etc.
The majority of the global internet population have either not much interest for such complexity when browsing or they just have no clue.

If I remember the numbers well, less than 30-35% of the internet users use adblockers but even if that is false, I know from my own earnings that the drop due to adblockers wasn't that bad.. I'm still earning well from parking.

I hope I cleared any confusion.

•••
You are correct, I am an advanced user but I aslo set up my parents, my grandparents, my kids, my business, my inlaws etc. They all use the same setup and I had to do it because the regular adblockers like adblock plus got nag screens to white list. So guys like me are setting up a to of people because we keep getting complaints that the nag screens are interfering with the adblockers.

So far my combination has not been blocked by forbes.com and bild.de which have the most ferocious adblocker blocking campaign out there. The combo used gets through anything.

I have probably set up over 200 computers with this set up and placed countless tutorials on other forums.

If everything went back to the old google ads text scripts then there would be no issues but videos, pop up, pop unders, nag screens, windows without an x to close. Holy crap, my parents are elderly and my 10 year old son is telling them to install uBlock.

I think the percentage is higher than what you think it is.

hah.. same here, I have lost count of the people I have used the same setup as mine :)

Still, if you read my answer above, I prefer facts and in this case my earnings is the best set of data to judge if parking is viable (the way it is now) or not... and parking does earn atm.

Starting from tomorrow though...I'm not that sure :/

•••
@alcy
what I mean is that, so far only people who knew their way around computers knew about adblockers, how to protect themselves online etc.
The majority of the global internet population have either not much interest for such complexity when browsing or they just have no clue.

If I remember the numbers well, less than 30-35% of the internet users use adblockers but even if that is false, I know from my own earnings that the drop due to adblockers wasn't that bad.. I'm still earning well from parking.

I hope I cleared any confusion.

oh ok.. well.. wht I meant is that whoever uses adblock plus .. which I believe is the most popular by far chrome block extension should be seeing ads fine.. like I do.

sorry, I did not realize you were talking about people who do not use any blockers.. since our talk was about blockers.

cheers

•••
just for fun for anyone who wnts to check.. I came across a stat site randomly .. and these don't seem upto date etc.. and its one of my domains now.. but if you scroll the page or do search for BLOCK.. it shows some info about % blocked stuff.

not sure to what extent this is accurate.. but it could be.. at least proprotionally accurate.

http://cutmax.net.hypestat.com/

•••
what do you use again??

I see this :

Show attachment 80575

Mine looks the same as MapleDots and I'm using uBlock Origin as well.

Matter of fact, most landing pages / parked pages with ads I don't see at all. Only pages like Undeveloped work for me (and similar)

•••
oh ok.. well.. wht I meant is that whoever uses adblock plus .. which I believe is the most popular by far chrome block extension should be seeing ads fine.. like I do.

sorry, I did not realize you were talking about people who do not use any blockers.. since our talk was about blockers.

cheers

@alcy on yours at least I see something. On sedo pages and similar I see absolutely nothing but a blank page.

I am curious why you would not load your own ads on a lander and claim 100% of the revenue for yourself?

•••
maybe @Donny can comment on all this? at least vis a vis VOODOO site.

or @TroyBodis

I don't think @ParkingCrew comes around here as much as those 2 guys.

ty

•••
Mine looks the same as MapleDots and I'm using uBlock Origin as well.

Matter of fact, most landing pages / parked pages with ads I don't see at all. Only pages like Undeveloped work for me (and similar)

This will make your uBlock even better and get you past paywalls and ALL nag screens.

Follow the instructions
http://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer

Last edited:
•••
@alcy on yours at least I see something. On sedo pages and similar I see absolutely nothing but a blank page.

I am curious why you would not load your own ads on a lander and claim 100% of the revenue for yourself?

because I am computer illiterate I guess when it comes to setting up my own ads :)

•••
because I am computer illiterate I guess when it comes to setting up my own ads :)

Google ads are a breeze to set up with full tutorials and a landing page can easily be made via a ton of freeware on the web.

•••
Hope that this addon would be compatible with "ungoogled chromium" and other ungoogled chrome-based browsers. Less info sent to google = better.

"Google chrome" - when installed - assigns unique trackable ID to each installation and user profile. Enough said.

From an endusers point of view, an opportunity to block annoying google adsense ads everywhere is a must. Of course it is likely not what Google wants endusers to do. To the contrary, this addon by itself must be an attempt to save dying ppc / domainparking part of the business...

Last edited:
•••
Back