Dynadot

Can you transfer in between LCN accounts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Did not try this yet at LCN.

I was advised to have two accounts on there because there system lags when I try to load my first account. So created another one.

Then I realized. since transfers are $6.49 perhaps I can transfer from my first LCN account to my new one? effectively doing a ring loop where I never have to transfer out of LCN? or pay a higher transfer fee which right now seems to be the Godaddy $7.99

(Perhaps someone can give me ideas as to how you do your "ring" transfers to save a buck or two?)

I suspect as soon as I try to do a transfer it will say "Domain is with LCN" and that's that. But what about if I sold a domain registered with LCN and I sold it to another LCN customer?

wouldn't that customer simply buy a transfer from LCN?

does that mean then that you can't sell a domain to an LCN customer?

I've spoken to them already about this and their answer was that they could just transfer it to the buyers account free of charge and they could renew it from their account.

But has anyone ever tried to do what I've suggested?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can push between accounts but that will not extend the registration by a year. You can transfer OUT of LCN but not between two LCN accounts!

You're way too verbose. The question could have asked in 2-3 sentences at best

•••
You can push between accounts but that will not extend the registration by a year. You can transfer OUT of LCN but not between two LCN accounts!

lol I know I know. caffeine is my enemy. Thanks.

•••

So any tips on what's the next cheapest domain transfer close to LCN for a cheap transfer loop?

•••
So any tips on what's the next cheapest domain transfer close to LCN for a cheap transfer loop?
They're the cheapest at this time. Next would be GD at $7.99. That said, depending on the country, they may charge taxes so the total transfer+tax cost might be more. After that, I'd suggest Namesilo or Epik. If you have access to fund your account via Wire, then prefunding your Namebright account can get you fairly cheap rates as well. But the hassle of a Wire txfr is too great to make it worth my while!

•••
I'm already trying to work out a deal with GD on maybe $7 transfers only because I'm transferring alot.

I'll keep you posted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back