Dynadot

What domains did you transfer during the Epik special? Ends in 6 hours!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Not many registrars right now having a $6.49 special. LCN was awesome for a while until they pulled the rug from under us. I get we got spoiled and complacent. no warning. just shut it down.

At least @Rob Monster gave us all a deadline heads up to get our stuff in order.

Thanks @Rob Monster

For people with large portfolios this special was a Godsend after LCN pulled the plug on the $6.49 transfer special.

I don't need a list. maybe your best domain out of the bunch?
How many?

Just curious. God only knows when the next $6.49 special will come again.

It was a pretty good experience overall. No hitch.

And thank God for the ease Epik has made it to transfer domains into Epik.

something as simple as allowing you to copy and paste domain.com,%@%stw$@%^ in a list of domains really makes things easier.

Godaddy could take a few pointers from Epik on this one. As huge as Godaddy is, I don't need all the bells and whistles just the basics Godaddy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I stumbled on the low price yesterday and transferred seven. Didn't occur to me that's it's a sale that could end at any time. :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Wish I heard about this earlier-- I probably would have transferred a few because I've been meaning to give them a try anyway. But I won't have access to do bulk transfers until later tonight -- so looks like I'll miss out on this offer...

•••
None (missed it). I'm also considering moving Epik domains elsewhere (not many of them to transfer urgently), because transfers are usually cheaper than registrations (or such deals are more likely). Dropping and reregistering is the cheapest. If the domain is great, then renew for 10 years by transferring from one location to another every 2 months.I allowed a few names to drop, and realized they were grabbed by hugedomains, and I think they used dropcatch. My domains at epik have half million estibot value. If anyone wants them with 50 percent discount let me know :p , but before seeing the list you need to pay 10K upfront.

•••
Maybe @Rob Monster can confirm but I believe I'm right in saying that Epik will offer at cost transfers and renewals to any NP members so even once the offer ends you can still get a good deal.

•••
•••
None (missed it). I'm also considering moving Epik domains elsewhere (not many of them to transfer urgently), because transfers are usually cheaper than registrations (or such deals are more likely). Dropping and reregistering is the cheapest. If the domain is great, then renew for 10 years by transferring from one location to another every 2 months.I allowed a few names to drop, and realized they were grabbed by hugedomains, and I think they used dropcatch. My domains at epik have half million estibot value. If anyone wants them with 50 percent discount let me know :p , but before seeing the list you need to pay 10K upfront.

You have heard a "job hopper"? I call that a "registrar hopper". :) I will share a secret: nobody wants them. If you are that, I would not advertise it. I can't think of a less desirable customer, frankly, other than one that is mentally-challenged, drug-addled and/or thankless. We get those too, but fortunately not many.

•••
I transferred some of my favorite names:

illask.com
TryYourHardest.com
TryourHardest.com
eCurrencyRates.com
eCurrencyRate.com
FreetoSignUp.com
ActiveDegree + ActiveDegrees.com
Trainyourmuscles.com

And my most valuable one:
CurrencyCrypto.com “CryptoCurrency” inverted

There is no one I would trust more. If you cant be convinced by the CEO of a reputable company, taking time out of his valuable day, posting, standing behind their product, you will never be convinced.

Last edited:
•••
If the domain is great, then renew for 10 years by transferring from one location to another every 2 months.
I am assuming that you are serious..

So, do you do this, (transfer every two months) a lot with your "great" domains?

If the domain is "great" (operative word), why not register it for ten years or five or two.

Why play cheapskate with a "great domain"?

Why ruin a "great" domain history with all those registrar changes.

•••
I was thinking about it, but never done it.

•••
I just can't afford to renew or transfer many domains, and I would just drop them, until I improve my selling skills. I prefer to sell them before thinking about dropping, renewing, or transferring. I prefer to sell at Epik, but one major thing is still missing: visitor stats... I kept domains at Enom for a very long time, and paid high renewals. If I transfer a great domain from Epik to Namesilo, this is not a bad thing for Epik, because the next time, I would transfer back to Epik (or Dynadot depending on the price). I think Epik did us a great favor, and I want to pay it back, but only if I can afford it.

•••
I was thinking about it, but never done it.

Reminds me of this guy:

Seriously, pick a registrar you like, develop a relationship with them, and spend your time buying quality inventory at great prices, and finding retail buyers. Once you get good at that, you will care a bit less about saving $0.50 on renewals.

When it comes to .COM renewals/transfers, no registrar gets a price break, not even Godaddy with 60% (falling fast now...) of the market. A registrar that gives you a deal on .COM transfers is just trying to offset some of the switching cost. We know it takes time to learn a new platform, so it is a shared investment in a shared future.

The registrars that allow themselves to get gamed by registrar-hoppers will eventually either go out of business, or will simply have such unreliable technology or bad support that you will feel like you are trapped in a bad movie, except the nightmare of not being able to get your auth codes at expiry is real, not a dream.

We'll certainly do our part to help new domain investors to achieve sustainable economic models. The new domainer education program coming from @DomainGraduate will be free for everyone and is being developed by a guy who has been there and done that.

Last edited:
•••
You have heard a "job hopper"? I call that a "registrar hopper". :) I will share a secret: nobody wants them. If you are that, I would not advertise it. I can't think of a less desirable customer, frankly, other than one that is mentally-challenged, drug-addled and/or thankless. We get those too, but fortunately not many.

I don't do this myself, but you just described a good chunk of this forum. Check the coupon section here. With all your discounts and deals, you're giving this expectation. You're going to have to keep it up now. Never attack the customers, basic marketing.

Last edited:
•••
I don't do this myself, but you just described a good chunk of this forum. Check the coupon section here. With all your discounts and deals, you're giving this expectation. You're going to have to keep it up now.

Sure, that's fine. We are building partnerships and relationships. I am happy that there are great deals at places like NetSol where you can sometimes get $1 .com if you are willing to set up lots of accounts. To the folks who want to bootstrap portfolios, I say have at it -- go milk that cow. However, if you come to Epik, we hope you settle in for a while, which is why our October promo is focused on TRANSFERS of .COM:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ep...hour-mega-thread.1148974/page-23#post-7416117

•••
When it comes to .COM, no registrar gets a price break, not even Godaddy with 60% (falling fast now...) of the market

As a curiosity, I checked recent registry reports for .com:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/com-2014-03-04-en

(available until June 2019 at the time of this writing).

On a spot view (E&O expected) -

Number of .com domains under GoDaddy registrar management is growing:

April 47,835,921
May 47,940,372
June 47,944,184

Number of .com domains under Epik registrar management is growing:

April 291,391
May 295,019
June 296,551

Market share of GoDaddy registrar is not growing (.com domains only)

April 33%
May 32,96%
June 32,89%

Market share of Epik registrar is growing (.com domains only)

April 0,61%
May 0,62%
June 0,62%

Actually, Chinese registrars (which are not actively discussed here @ NP) do gain a lot of registrations and transfers...

The above is for dot com only, global picture may be different

•••
I call that a "registrar hopper". :) I will share a secret: nobody wants them. If you are that, I would not advertise it. I can't think of a less desirable customer, frankly, other than one that is mentally-challenged, drug-addled and/or thankless. We get those too, but fortunately not many.
Where is your stone-breaking optimism, Rob? :xf.love:

I don't need a list. maybe your best domain out of the bunch?
How many?
I transfered about 350 names during the September special to Epik if I counted correctly. I sadly do not own "best" names. Some ranking within the 350, data source Epik:

1Hotspot .com (most Whois searches)
ClubStudy .com (highest PR)
DealsU .com (highest Alexa)
ETFstock .com (highest Estibot)
iotSmartHome .com (most park visits)

•••
Visitor tracking is missing. I think Rob said it would be available soon (if so, still waiting..).
Normally I would point all domains to Sedo landing soon after they are registered. This time I keep new names at Epik nameservers, so I
could check visits, and maybe do experiements with outbounding while visits are logged..
Also the chat seem to be not working. I just wanted to say a parked/for-sale domain points to:
https://bitmitigate.com/not-in-our-systems.html
Of course chat is not the only way to contact Epik. But it was the easiest.

•••
As a curiosity, I checked recent registry reports for .com:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/com-2014-03-04-en

(available until June 2019 at the time of this writing).

On a spot view (E&O expected) -

Number of .com domains under GoDaddy registrar management is growing:

April 47,835,921
May 47,940,372
June 47,944,184

Number of .com domains under Epik registrar management is growing:

April 291,391
May 295,019
June 296,551

Market share of GoDaddy registrar is not growing (.com domains only)

April 33%
May 32,96%
June 32,89%

Market share of Epik registrar is growing (.com domains only)

April 0,61%
May 0,62%
June 0,62%

Actually, Chinese registrars (which are not actively discussed here @ NP) do gain a lot of registrations and transfers...

The above is for dot com only, global picture may be different

Wait for the Q4 report to come out. The best .COM names are coming to Epik. Guys are selling and leasing .COM and using sale proceeds to fund new creates, transfers and backorders. Peak Godaddy.

•••
Visitor tracking is missing. I think Rob said it would be available soon (if so, still waiting..).
Normally I would point all domains to Sedo landing soon after they are registered. This time I keep new names at Epik nameservers, so I
could check visits, and maybe do experiements with outbounding while visits are logged..
Also the chat seem to be not working. I just wanted to say a parked/for-sale domain points to:
https://bitmitigate.com/not-in-our-systems.html
Of course chat is not the only way to contact Epik. But it was the easiest.

Visitor tracking is fully there now. What is coming is improved drilldown analytics but you should play around with what is there now under the Performance tab of the domain manager:

upload_2019-10-1_14-8-1.png

What is coming is:

1. Better trended analytics

2. Import tools so you can import parking data from 3rd party parking providers.

3. AI tools for prioritizing domain quality -- what to keep or drop.

•••
I still don't see visit tracking. I only see numbers, no IPs. maybe I just need to wait.

•••
I still don't see visit tracking. I only see numbers, no IPs. maybe I just need to wait.

Nope, it is there, just click on any number for the detail:

upload_2019-10-1_14-28-29.png

If you want IPs, we do have that on WHOIS and Market visits:

upload_2019-10-1_14-29-11.png

upload_2019-10-1_14-29-43.png

You want to see IP addresses on all visits to your parking landers? We do capture the data at the network edge, but we don't want to log every IP of every visitor to every page -- that list can get enormous. That said, it can be done.

How are you intending to use the visitor data? What software is the benchmark for you for parking analytics?

@vitigo @Ala Dadan

•••
I was expecting to see IPs of park visits (visit tracking). Sedo shows countries only. Epik must be better in this sense, but not yet. When we park domains, we don't park at marketplace.epik.com/ , we park at the domain itself.
Are Epik parking pages good for seo? : It has duplicate content. But if we are allowed to do some keyword stuffing, then duplicate content percentage can be minimized.
What I expect to see at any marketplace and which is lacking at Sedo, is visit tracking. It can work perfectly together with outbounding. If I send an email, I want to know if the potential buyer visited the domain.
At Sedo there is another serious problem: Buyers lose motivation quickly. They make an offer, I accept it, they don't pay. I make a counteroffer, they don't respond to counteroffer. What the hell is going on there: I don't know. But I suspect this happens mostly because I'm dealing with flippers. If IPs are tracked then I could detect such activity, and act accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
All my best dot COMs are with epik now. That transfer deal last month was too irresistible. Thats coming from me who is lazy to move and not only that I moved my best .news domains there and regged a few .apps too so it probably ended up being an unintentional benefit for epik.

My top 3 dot coms:

- da/ma you (you is oil in chinese pinyin)
- da/ma nai (nai is milk in chinese pinyin)
- da/ma shui (water)

But its a speculative play not most valuable in today’s market.

Edit: dama is cannabis

Last edited:
•••
I stumbled on the low price yesterday and transferred seven. Didn't occur to me that's it's a sale that could end at any time. :facepalm:
Wish I heard about this earlier-- I probably would have transferred a few because I've been meaning to give them a try anyway. But I won't have access to do bulk transfers until later tonight -- so looks like I'll miss out on this offer...

I guess you guys don't frequent NP much because it is all everyone has been talking about on here for at least a Month. Don't miss the next one. Just follow Rob and you should be set.

•••
I was expecting to see IPs of park visits (visit tracking). Sedo shows countries only. Epik must be better in this sense, but not yet. When we park domains, we don't park at marketplace.epik.com/ , we park at the domain itself.
Are Epik parking pages good for seo? : It has duplicate content. But if we are allowed to do some keyword stuffing, then duplicate content ratio can be minimized.
What I expect to see at any marketplace and which is lacking at Sedo, is visit tracking. It can work perfectly together with outbounding. If I send an email, I want to know if the potential buyer visited the domain.
At Sedo there is another serious problem: Buyers lose motivation quickly. They make an offer, I accept it, they don't pay. I make a counteroffer, they don't respond to counteroffer. What the hell is going on there: I don't know. But I suspect this happens mostly because I'm dealing with flippers. If IPs are tracked then I could detect such activity, and act accordingly.

I got you now.

The offers come with IPs. We'll add reverse IP lookup in the report you get. Also, in case not aware, we do show you the full detail of each inquiry. We hide nothing.

On the SSL landers, you have a full content editor in the lander builder. So, make use of that. Also, there are people available who will do freelance work for you at low cost, if you need that.

As for Sedo offers, I believe what is going on there is that people are using the Sedo MLS API to programatically troll for deals using bots. We could flag the IP of a known bot if that would be helpful

As for outbounding, as stated elsewhere, I am not a fan. Unless you have a distress situation where you NEED a fast sale, I would not bother. The exception is if you have a good offer and want to give the other obvious buyers or past prospects, 24 hours to make a better offer.

@vitigo @Ala Dadan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back