Domain Empire

Can I link to my parked domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
First time poster, with a beginner's question:

I have a content website and I want to create a two-way link between that website and my parked domain, so that folks can get from my website to the advertisments by clicking a link, and back by clicking a logo. Is that possible at any parked domain service?

Cheers,
T

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes

Try Active Audience. I have a few names there. A good example is AllAmericanBowling.com. You can see there is a resources page where you can add links.

•••
The better ppc providers will cancel your account with them for doing so as they frown on sending traffic to a parked page. They are looking for quality advertisers for their parked page. The kind of advertisers they want is thre natural type in traffic. So I would say no don't do it.

Roderick

•••
Hello tziper. Welcome to NamePros. :)

I dont know of any parking services that allow you to link
in traffic. It will get your account closed toot sweet.

If it is a new domain it will not get much on its own until
you develop a traffic base. That wont happen from parking.

I suggest you develop a site with it, providing surfers with
enough content that they will bookmark and spread links
around for you. Parking works best with high traffifc names.

Build it and they will come....
(providing there is something there)

Hope this helps.

Cyberian

EDIT: And you can find the Welcome Center >>>>> HERE <<<<<.
Go there and introduce yourself to the other Staff and members.
There you can make friends quickly, find others with similar interests
and get to know us.

Last edited:
•••
My first question is why would you want to?

From the parked page to link to your page would only make someone click a link to your site instead of a link to a PPC site. On the parked page, it's probably best if all clicks are paid.

From your page, you would probably be better off using affiliate links or adsense to something actually related than sending them to a PPC parked page where you only get a portion of the ad payment (the parking service keeps a good portion). The exception would be if you want to send those on your site to a domain for sale page. If parked at something like sedo, afternic, or fabulous, you can still send them to the for sale page without sending to the related PPC page and risk violation of a PPC TOS.

Fabulous.com does have a parking option that might do what you want. you can park a domain and either open your own site as a pop-under, pop-over, or popup-on-window-close of the parked domain page. This way a visitor to your parked page may be directed to your site, but not until after they have had a chance to click a paid link. However, prevelance of popup blockers have reduced the usability of this function.

•••
read the TOS, links are not allowed.

But my question is: I have seen so many linked pages, so does sedo enforce the rule? Has anyone actually be punished by doing this?

•••
If you can't link to the domain how will the search engines ever find it. Parking is STRICTLY for type-ins? :'(

•••
As well for expired domains with existing links ;)

•••
Grimm, you can submit the domain to the seach-engines..

•••
Grimm said:
If you can't link to the domain how will the search engines ever find it. Parking is STRICTLY for type-ins? :'(

It's meant to be, yes. But occasionally your parked name will show up high in the SERPs - better with some ppc companies than others.

•••
Some people don't realise that a parked page is a page that is put up by your parking provider. You do not need any kind of web site.All you need is your domain name. The parking provider provides that one page parking page.

The links that are on that page, you do not put on the page. Your parking provider puts those links there. You simply choose what keyword or keywords you want for the page. Lets say your domain is bigboytrucks. You pick keywords that will attract the right advertisers. For instance you will pick motorcyles, or muscle cars.

Next thing you know your parked page will be full of links that are revelent to your traffic.

That equals success in the parking game.
We are all learning so keep on asking questions.

Roderick

•••
Custom text and template choices for all your landing pages, plus the freedom to add your logo or image to your landers.

The above is from Trafficz.com's service blurb

•••
do you mean to make double your money/income??
well, as the other said. on many TOS of parking domain, its not allowed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back