Domain Empire

advice Buyers disappear in air

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
I usually do outbound marketing for my domains, buyers reply "I am interested " or "what are the next steps to proceed " after I reply them with next steps , my reply would be domain registrar details, transfer details and payment details.

But after my reply they disappear, why this happened?. What would be your custom reply for "I am interested" to close the deal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But yea I am not a native English speaker so that wouldn't work for me. I do have US broker calling them but still, the sales don't go through most of the time.
Sorry my assumption with your great written english you were. Well, if the broker doesn't close it, you need to wonder why not. Most people who sell target their attention to the most likely return of time investment and compensation amount. The guys you read about doing all these large sales- don't also sell cheaper domains. If you have a broker calling on $xxx type domains, I think you might be lucky as the commission even if it was 50/50 split isn't much. That broker might be not focusing his attention on your domains- but more expensive ones he has from others too. Ton's of answers to that especially if you are selling to consumers, but it also may be your broker. Your $xxx price range is affordable.

Another fact is that some domains are purchased, while some need to be sold. The difference being is a customer either needs a domain, or it is discretionary or upgrade. For example- nobody needs to be SOLD toilet paper- (It's purchased or bought) any commercial ad you see are simply for image and quality. But large purchases like a car or house, most of those need to be sold or assisted by a salesperson to move it along and help someone decide.

•••
they not a buyer, when no purchase is made.

until then, they just inquiriers.

and inquiries disappear all the time

imo....

•••
they not a buyer, when no purchase is made.

until then, they just inquiriers.

and inquiries disappear all the time

imo....

"How much" is different from commiting I will "buy it" and then disappearing

•••
If he was in namepros the sale would have been binding ;)

•••
"How much" is different from commiting I will "buy it" and then disappearing

buyers reply "I am interested " or "what are the next steps to proceed "

still, no commitment, until they make a cash offer.

and what's done on np, is much different than real world.

imo...

•••
they agree for a certain amount and then disappear

•••
they agree for a certain amount and then disappear

maybe you should do a new thread and put ALL the details in at one time, instead of giving piece by piece.

imo...

•••
maybe you should do a new thread and put ALL the details in at one time, instead of giving piece by piece.

imo...

i pitch the price in my initial outbound email ,
buyers reply "I am interested " or "what are the next steps to proceed " means he has agreed for the amount i pitched.

you sound tuff than the end user ;), anyways thanks for the concern about starting a new thread...I'm happy about the replies here...

Thanks

•••
I do it very easy, I provide a link to www.pay.mapledots.ca which goes directly to my paypal. I ask for a $50 deposit to lock in the domain for the purchaser. After they click the link and deposit 50 dollars I send them an invoice saying they have 7 days to close the deal.

So basically I say nothing about push, payment method, or anything else. I just say... no problems, here is your domain, put down 50 bucks to lock it in.

•••
I do it very easy, I provide a link to www.pay.mapledots.ca which goes directly to my paypal. I ask for a $50 deposit to lock in the domain for the purchaser. After they click the link and deposit 50 dollars I send them an invoice saying they have 7 days to close the deal.

So basically I say nothing about push, payment method, or anything else. I just say... no problems, here is your domain, put down 50 bucks to lock it in.

Thanks mate.
Hearing this method for the first time.How are the closing rates using this method? How did buyer respond to it?

•••
Once the price is negotiated, I tell the potential buyer the $50 holds the domain for them for 1 week while we iron out the payment and transfer details. I tell him he gets a bill of sale which once paid gives him legal ownership to the domain regardless of the status of the transfer.

People really like that security and I have to say the system works really well for me.

There will always be people who pretend to buy because the only reason they called you in the first place is to feel out if they can buy the domain for a few hundred bucks. I don't waste too much time on them until I get a small token deposit.

•••
Wouldn't that be too desperate? just send them a invoice without responding them in mail

If the potential buyer says anything similar to the quote above, my ears hear (my eyes read) YES. Meaning they want the domain.

Been in sales my whole life..it is called a hard close, so send them an invoice and hope you get the transaction confirmation shortly thereafter.

•••
If the potential buyer says anything similar to the quote above, my ears hear (my eyes read) YES. Meaning they want the domain.

Been in sales my whole life..it is called a hard close, so send them an invoice and hope you get the transaction confirmation shortly thereafter.

i pitch my price on my initial email, so if i get an email agreeing for the price, i send them an invoice? or say few words in email and send them an invoice as well? which is an better action that works?

•••
if i get an email agreeing for the price, i send them an invoice

Yes...say something like 'it has been a pleasure doing business with you and below you will find an invoice and/or a link you may use to make payment. Once payment has been processed I will forward the codes necessary for us to complete the transfer...etc.'

Some registrars are MUCH better than others in helping to facilitate a transfer and I have found that to be a great benefit as well.

Also, others have mentioned a deposit to hold a name for x days...that is a good option as well if the buyer is undecided.

Last edited:
•••
i pitch the price in my initial outbound email ,
buyers reply "I am interested " or "what are the next steps to proceed " means he has agreed for the amount i pitched.

you sound tuff than the end user ;), anyways thanks for the concern about starting a new thread...I'm happy about the replies here...

Thanks

Hi

you gotta be tuff, to survive in the game, dude or dudette

however, even if you put the price in initial email and they reply as they did, it still does not mean they have agreed to purchase the domain name.

when they send the money, then, an agreement was reached.

by asking "what are next steps or saying i'm interested", may only mean they want to know the "steps involved to complete the transaction"...should they agree to purchase it.

you're contacting people out of the blue -
who...
may not have a clue,
as what to do,
i they wanted to buy the domain, from you

keep that in mind

imo....

•••
Once the price is negotiated, I tell the potential buyer the $50 holds the domain for them for 1 week while we iron out the payment and transfer details. I tell him he gets a bill of sale which once paid gives him legal ownership to the domain regardless of the status of the transfer.

People really like that security and I have to say the system works really well for me.

There will always be people who pretend to buy because the only reason they called you in the first place is to feel out if they can buy the domain for a few hundred bucks. I don't waste too much time on them until I get a small token deposit.

Can you share the template how you put this together? Thanks

Last edited:
•••
this is my usual reply

Hello _____________,

Thanks for the response.we have the domain registered at _________. if you don't have a _________ account you can create one for free, the domain transfer takes only a few minutes. we send you a PayPal invoice that you can pay with PayPal or any major credit card. Let us know if we can proceed to send you the invoice.

Sincerely
________

thats to much noise

given them 2 links
1) paypal
2) escrow.com

where everything is prepopulated and they proceed with 1 click

escrow lets you creat buynow buttons

Last edited:
•••

are you doing this before negotiating on a final price?

•••
are you doing this before negotiating on a final price?

As soon as we agree on price I tell the client to lock it in with a $50 deposit and that allows him up to a week to finalize all the transfer details.

It really separates the flakes from the buyers when you ask for a token deposit.

If the buyer does not put down the deposit then I ignore the sale because it is not a sale. If he asks me any further questions I tell him part of the process is to commit to the sale. We have negotiated and I have nothing further to say until he commits to the sale.

•••
As soon as we agree on price I tell the client to lock it in with a $50 deposit and that allows him up to a week to finalize all the transfer details.

It really separates the flakes from the buyers when you ask for a token deposit.

If the buyer does not put down the deposit then I ignore the sale because it is not a sale. If he asks me any further questions I tell him part of the process is to commit to the sale. We have negotiated and I have nothing further to say until he commits to the sale.

I get it
and think its cool

but for me
at same speed and time

I could even go for the complete amount
which I always did

am I missing something?

•••
Some people have to arrange financing, talk to a business partner, call their i.t. guy etc. It would be a lot harder to ask a new buyer to commit on the spot with all the funds. Most people have to at least transfer or arrange for funding. A quick deposit shows me he is serious and for the buyer it gives him peace of mind that he has a week to iron out all the details.

I on purpose make it a token deposit because a complete flake would reject even that. If he gives me 50 dollars he is probably going to buy.

I suggest to the OP he try it and I think his closing rate may go up.

•••
Some people have to arrange financing, talk to a business partner, call their i.t. guy etc.

Exactly. This situation you describe is happening to me now...negotiated with a person for about a week, every day, then suddenly nothing. I sent a follow up email asking if we/they were suspending negotiations and basically saying goodbye to the person I had been corresponding with. A quick response came back saying my last and final offer had to be discussed in the weekly meeting...plus they wanted their IT person to go over the data I furnished.

•••
Exactly. This situation you describe is happening to me now...negotiated with a person for about a week, every day, then suddenly nothing. I sent a follow up email asking if we/they were suspending negotiations and basically saying goodbye to the person I had been corresponding with. A quick response came back saying my last and final offer had to be discussed in the weekly meeting...plus they wanted their IT person to go over the data I furnished.

How long did you wait to send the goodbye email?

•••
thats to much noise

given them 2 links
1) paypal
2) escrow.com

where everything is prepopulated and they proceed with 1 click

escrow lets you creat buynow buttons

Do you think sending them an invoice is better or sending them escrow link + direct paypal link, my 2 more agreed deals goes unclosed, frustration increase but yea iam open to learning it. iam not sure if iam showing desperation..or what's going wrong sure iam here to learn more on end user mindset and increase my closing rate

•••
There is a problem with Paypal. Just put yourself in your buyers' shoes. Some dude sends you an email saying that you can buy a domain for $xxx. When you reply, he just sends you a Paypal invoice and asks you to pay.

Until this moment you have no assurance that the seller is legit and the domain will be transferred to you. This is why many buyers disappear, they are afraid to be scammed.

I'm usually saying that the domain is listed at Godaddy Auctions (I always list them as premium listings) and send them the link to the listing. Plus to this, I tell them that domain is automatically transferred to their account 5 days after they make the payment.

I had situations when I send the buyers 2 options, Paypal(fast payment, immediate transfer) or Godaddy Auctions(slower, automatic transfer). And every time they chose Godaddy Auctions.

Until now, none of my buyers disappeared after my message with the Godaddy Auctions link.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back