Dynadot

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally never get an answer from them after submitting account creation requests.. They could at least send a mail saying that you didn't get approved or something to let you know.. I saw some people there are really successful with them, they also charge listing fees and require exclusivity, right?
They are more selective than BB for sure. Try messaging them here. Im not using them at the moment, but If I were to start from scratch TODAY, I would go with them not BB for sure!

•••
Yes, they have a $10 listing fee and exclusivity. Same as BB.

•••
They are more selective than BB for sure. Try messaging them here. Im not using them at the moment, but If I were to start from scratch TODAY, I would go with them not BB for sure!
The great thing with BB for me at least, is that BB published names have a liquid value on here. If you want to get out of the brandable business you can easily liquidate your portfolio and even make a nice profit from it, you pay to list on BR too but people won't pay more for it on here.

I have 58 names approved to BB right now that I still didn't pay for, I'm really not sure what is my best option now to be honest..

•••
The great thing with BB for me at least, is that BB published names have a liquid value on here.
This is not so true anymore. The liquid value has dropped a lot in the last month.

•••
We buy domains mainly targeting end users. If you are to buy and flip, its better to buy liquid domains from the very beginning, like Chips or 6N.coms. This will make you much more money than liquidating brandables!
Brandables are an end users ecosystem!

•••
I personally never get an answer from them after submitting account creation requests.. They could at least send a mail saying that you didn't get approved or something to let you know.. I saw some people there are really successful with them, they also charge listing fees and require exclusivity, right?

Yes, there is a $10 listing fee and we require exclusivity. Unfortunately not everyone abides by the exclusivity rule so we've had to close a few accounts and tighten up our marketplace by requiring an application process. We only review applications periodically. In the next week or so you should be receiving a response.

•••
We buy domains mainly targeting end users. If you are to buy and flip, its better to buy liquid domains from the very beginning, like Chips or 6N.coms. This will make you much more money than liquidating brandables!
Brandables are an end users ecosystem!

A very profitable ecosystem. ;)

•••
It's all run by a guy in his basement lol Don't expect "staff" to help you.

•••
It's all run by a guy in his basement lol Don't expect "staff" to help you.

Positive - I had good sales on there given I only had low numbers
Negative - I think Michael does everything and he can come across as quite dictatorial which I'm sure isn't his intention

•••
Just to share my own experience, I've found Brandroot to be a more effective channel for selling brandable domains than Sedo or my own landing page. The amount of targeted traffic which Brandroot receives is impressive.

•••
Wow. I just got accepted on BrandRoot. Something like 8-9 months after I signed up.
A few weeks after I sold my BB portfolio. It that a sign for me to move to BR? :)

•••
So I finally got accepted at BR. It was so long ago that i submitted my 10 names, I had given up. But, I'm excited to give them a try. I have two questions for those of you who use BR.

1) What is the commission? I know it is probably there, but I just can't seem to find it.
2) When submitting you daily 10 names, you set the price. But if this price is lower than what they think they can get, do they change it or ask you if you want to change it? Conversely, if you are too high do they recommend a better price? Or do they just reject it?

•••
Same! Got accepted after a year of application. :)

•••
Well done all, just be mindful you cannot keep names 'pending', if you put forward names and they are accepted you have to list them. I had approx. 9 names 'pending' for maybe a year and then one day I received an email saying my account was locked until I pushed the pending names through to listing. I couldn't as some of them I chose to list elsewhere, long story short I closed my BR account.

•••
Well done all, just be mindful you cannot keep names 'pending', if you put forward names and they are accepted you have to list them. I had approx. 9 names 'pending' for maybe a year and then one day I received an email saying my account was locked until I pushed the pending names through to listing. I couldn't as some of them I chose to list elsewhere, long story short I closed my BR account.
Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it.

•••
Anyone have any BrandRoot sales of recent to share? Encouraging to see under 7,000 listings - but do they have the sales/traffic to justify the exclusivity?

I figure I will list some to give them a try but would love to hear from some current users...

Last edited:
•••
So I finally got accepted at BR. It was so long ago that i submitted my 10 names, I had given up. But, I'm excited to give them a try. I have two questions for those of you who use BR.

1) What is the commission? I know it is probably there, but I just can't seem to find it.
2) When submitting you daily 10 names, you set the price. But if this price is lower than what they think they can get, do they change it or ask you if you want to change it? Conversely, if you are too high do they recommend a better price? Or do they just reject it?

1) 30% commission like BB
2) They do sometimes increase / decrease the price if they feel it is unrealistic. You can also adjust the price by +- 30%.

•••
1) 30% commission like BB
2) They do sometimes increase / decrease the price if they feel it is unrealistic. You can also adjust the price by +- 30%.

You seem to have quite a large portfolio at BR: http://www.brandty.com/index.php/all-brandable-domain-names/

Do you still hold a account with BB too or do you mainly use BR at this point? If so, could you comment on why so? Might be useful info for anyone considering BR. Thanks!

•••
I primarily use BR at this point. I switched everything over from BB because I was getting a better rate of sales at the time (Jan 2015). I have no idea what the average rate of sale at BB is at the moment, but I am currently getting about 3.3% per annum at BR.

•••
Anyone using their portfolio script? I'm having trouble getting it to work and they don't offer any tech support. PM if you have used it so I can ask some questions and maybe get it running properly.

•••
One more question. Is there a link to just see my domains, or any one persons? Similar to what BB has to just see your portfolio.

•••
Anyone using their portfolio script? I'm having trouble getting it to work and they don't offer any tech support. PM if you have used it so I can ask some questions and maybe get it running properly.

You have to create a ticket trough the contact us form on the site.

•••
You have to create a ticket trough the contact us form on the site.

Yes, I did that, which is how I learned that they don't offer any support on the script.

•••
Yes, I did that, which is how I learned that they don't offer any support on the script.

I see. What's the issue you have with the script?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back