Dynadot

BrandRoot Experience...

NameSilo
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes...a bit irregular. I've had a couple names reserved for logos for a good 5 days. I'm strongly considering designing logos myself just to help expedite things.

•••
What's going on with BR? It's been 5 weeks and I have a group of names that haven't gotten a yay or nay. Not to mention, once it's approved it can take another two weeks to go live.

•••
What's going on with BR? It's been 5 weeks and I have a group of names that haven't gotten a yay or nay. Not to mention, once it's approved it can take another two weeks to go live.

The quote below may answer your question:
Because of this move from Dejan we have also closed off our marketplace to new domainers while we evaluate new ways to verify identity, ensure better control and understanding of our sellers, and stress the legal ramifications of not completing a sale through Brandroot. There is a lot to be done to avoid sellers like Dejan. We are not SEDO, where I have experienced a similar issue of not receiving a domain I paid for, which was a long, miserable experience! We take responsibility for the domains and sellers we accept at Brandroot, including offering a 100% guaranteed transfer of a sold domain. Brandroot is more than just a broker. We are a community of domain owners who work together to make as many successful sales as possible, provide an honest and reliable service with very open and sincere communication. We will do anything necessary to prevent the jeopardization of these principles.

We made the mistake of taking on just any seller in the first place. The fewer sellers with more sales the better. As stated in part our exclusivity description:

"Brandroot is a partnership and a club.

Brandroot’s goal is to be positioned as a partnership of domain sellers and a business name club for buyers. We do not want to become a flooded domain name marketplace of domains that exist at a number of other marketplaces. We strive to be an exclusive market where individuals can find the best name for their startup only at Brandroot. When a given domain is found to be available at multiple sites, at different prices, Brandroot is no longer in line with its goals and also loses stance and credibility from its buyers and visitors."

From: https://www.namepros.com/threads/warning-against-a-namepros-member.836920/

•••

Thanks but since I already sell on this platform, I would have naturally assumed there would be fewer submissions once they closed to new sellers, therefore a more fluid process. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I was under the impression BR started as an alternative to bigger marketplaces, more transparency, a sped up process as compared to BB, but I've found in most cases BB is faster.

I even sent an email 6 weeks ago that never got a response. Very disappointing.

•••
I just agreed to a sale. I'll post my experiencs on it soon. It is still pending

•••
Sold two names over the holidays at Brandroot. One at full asking and the other negotiated. Payment for both received within a week of each sale. Both listed this past spring (2014). Very happy with results.

•••
Not bad! The buyer I mentioned in my last post has yet to reply (after his offer was accepted). So I'm still waiting.

Sold two names over the holidays at Brandroot. One at full asking and the other negotiated. Payment for both received within a week of each sale. Both listed this past spring (2014). Very happy with results.

•••
@Archangel , that was the case for one of my sales. Buyer came back almost four months later after I agreed to their price. I had totally forgotten about it so it was a nice surprise. But them again, what sale isn't a nice surprise? :0.

Best of luck with your sale. I see three names have sold at brandroot within the last 24 hours. I don't know what they are doing but it's very encouraging to see consistent sales there.

•••

Congrat - can you reveal the names

•••
I think it's ok to since they were on the Brandroot home page. If not I apologize in advance.

V - E - S - T - I - C - O - R

And

T - R - U - V - A - E

•••
Brandroot didn't seem to be moving my names, thus I removed them. I recently received this email:

Hi Randy,

I see you have removed your domains from Brandroot. You were not clear as to why you removed them and two of them were not properly forwarded. I'm not sure if you sold any of them directly or what but we have disabled your account and removed all of your domains to avoid any unfavorable circumstances.

Michael Rader
1.866.WE.BRAND
[email protected]

Instead of replying to his email privately, I decided to do it here,in public.

1.) ALL DOMAINS to this second point to BR, as I haven't removed any forwarding.

2.) You were told in perfect detail why one was removed. It was assumed you'd have understood the reasoning to be the same with the rest.

3.) None of them were sold but if you wanna be a little bitch about it, I could ignore your 30-day window and sell them now. Would you prefer me to do that?

Your email shows nothing but immaturity on your part--that and ignorance (research before you start chastising your users). This is the 2nd time you've disabled my account, and neither was justified.

To everyone who uses BrandRoot, I recommend you DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP before @Pluto gets pissy and acts like a child to you, too. Keep my account closed, Michael.I don't want the embarrassment of your cloud hovering over my head. I'm an adult, and I haven't the time to put up with children like you.

Last edited:
•••
Actually, I'm taking back the power from you: Since you broke your own rules and insulted me (twice), I revoke the 30-day window and will sell these whenever I want, without ever giving you a penny. As I'm a busnessman, I'll reinstate the window upon your apology. But you are too immature and aren't a very good businessman (do you run Brandroot by yourself, from your mom's basement after soccer practice?). This is the end of our business relationship. Do not offer to reopen my account & give me free credits. I want no association with Brandroot any further. Still, I'll open that 30-day window upon your apology. If I don't receive a public apology within 48 hours, the window remains closed and I'll sell these at any point to which I choose.

•••
Hi @Archangel,

I understand how my message could have come off as rude and I'm sorry but it certainly was not intentional. We have to protect the interest of our business whenever possible. You removed your domains and your reason was as follows:

"Off sale"

I'm sorry but I wouldn't call that perfect detail. Honestly I'm not even sure what that means.

Also about the bad forwards, please see these two domains of yours where the forwards do not work:

http://flirz.com/
http://axpex.com/

By your domains being removed from Brandroot of course I don't expect you to adhere to the 30 day publish period.

The most common reason for domains being removed from our marketplace is because the owner was contacted directly about buying a name. When I saw that two of your domain forwards did not work I wanted to take them down from Brandroot right away in case they sold and we were in another situation where the domain had already been sold to someone else.

I'm sorry you haven't had much luck at Brandroot. We are more and more trying to become a marketplace of just a few large sellers instead of many sellers who own just a few names, which is why we have seller applications in place now. Having just a few names among thousands makes it quite difficult to make a sale.

•••
Brandroot didn't seem to be moving my names, thus I removed them. I recently received this email:

Instead of replying to his email privately, I decided to do it here,in public.

1.) ALL DOMAINS to this second point to BR, as I haven't removed any forwarding.

2.) You were told in perfect detail why one was removed. It was assumed you'd have understood the reasoning to be the same with the rest.

3.) None of them were sold but if you wanna be a little bitch about it, I could ignore your 30-day window and sell them now. Would you prefer me to do that?

Your email shows nothing but immaturity on your part--that and ignorance (research before you start chastising your users). This is the 2nd time you've disabled my account, and neither was justified.

To everyone who uses BrandRoot, I recommend you DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP before @Pluto gets pissy and acts like a child to you, too. Keep my account closed, Michael.I don't want the embarrassment of your cloud hovering over my head. I'm an adult, and I haven't the time to put up with children like you.
Thanks for sharing @Archangel. BR still has a lot to learn about professionalism... I was completely put off from using their platform after reading this thread.

It is great to have all this info available here on NP, as it helps me "avoid any unfavorable circumstances":xf.grin:

•••
My detailed reasoning was with my 1st removed. I should (and will) apologize for the forwarding thing. I haven't touched those 2 domains in long, thus I've no reason why they stopped forwarding.

I agreed to a 30-day window and as you've given an apology, I'll heed to it. And if the buyer we landed in January comes back within the next 30 days, I'll adhere to the sale and will give you commission from it.

I really did not want my account closed yet again. These domains simply didn't seem to be selling there. So I was gonna take them off sale a few weeks (at least 30 days) and reevaluate them. They haven't sold, and I'll keep the 30-day window open, as agreed.

•••
@Archangel all of your reasons stated, "Off sale" including the first one.

Thank you, @Arca, for helping us avoid unfavorable circumstances in advance, which is again why not everyone can simply sign up at Brandroot.

•••

Thank you, @Arca, for helping us avoid unfavorable circumstances in advance, which is again why not everyone can simply sign up at Brandroot.
You are most welcome.

Rather than trying to make things right, you thank me for not joining BrandRoot since it helps you "unfavorable circumstances" in the future... So you are saying that me joining BR would inevitably create "unfavorable circumstances" for you. How professional.

Now I am not going to start a discussion with you, Michael Rader, as I do not want to piss you off, and risk having you post negative comments about me online including my real name... Like you did with that other NP user. Now everytime somebody searches his name, your post shows up. Why you think it is acceptable for BrandRoot to defame people's name online is beyond me. This can have great consequences for the person involved, and it is a completely unacceptable and unprofessional thing for a marketplace to do.

However, it is your marketplace, so you are of course free to run it as you wish. As your postings often receive countless negative responses on this forum, you might want to consider that there is something to these comments, and try to take them on board. Most people are actually just trying to help you run your marketplace in a more professional way.

I'll be leaving this thread now.

•••

nice, very nice

•••
My 1st was a detailed one.I have the feeling your software didn't send you the email. That was my thought upon sending it since there were no notifications of it being sent,nor was I in any way alerted well, anything even after it sent until a day later..

Either way, I will indeed stick with the 30-day window.

•••
popcorn.gif

•••
I just submitted 10 domains. Hoping for the best. :)

•••
Is there any voting system available to save listing fee?

•••
No: the site exists to sucker you outta money. This would go against their mantra

Is there any voting system available to save listing fee?

•••
How long they process a submitted name till accepted?

•••
How long they process a submitted name till accepted?
I also want to know as to how much time does brandroot take to review the submitted names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back