Dynadot

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those that might have missed this!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandroot-wants-to-pay-your-renewal-fees.926966/

Hi everybody, we have new system rolling out at Brandroot soon. I wanted to get your comments and feedback before it's officially launched. Please let me know if you have any questions about the system or anything you thing we could change or make better. This systems is totally tentative and will likely be revised as we get more feedback and suggestions. We hope you like the idea!

tlTxpBI.png

They are certainly emerging as a brand to be reckoned with! :)

•••
Hi Everyone,

Good news... I just had another sale on Brandroot. S*Y*N*E*P (.com)

That is 2 sales in the first 10 weeks of 2016... with only 118 currently listed.

Looks to be another 7-8% sales year. (for 2015 I had 6 of 84 sold = 7%)

-Jim

•••
Hi Everyone,

Good news... I just had another sale on Brandroot. S*Y*N*E*P (.com)

That is 2 sales in the first 10 weeks of 2016... with only 118 currently listed.

Looks to be another 7-8% sales year. (for 2015 I had 6 of 84 sold = 7%)

-Jim
Great!!
i would never put 10$ on that name :)

•••
That is actually a very good name for Chem Industry...

•••
Great sale before the long weekend. Domain pushed, waiting for payment.

I am really impressed with BR so far!

•••
Great sale before the long weekend. Domain pushed, waiting for payment.

I am really impressed with BR so far!

Congratulations, and thank you for reporting the sale!

•••
Thank you. I bought this name on GD auction a few months ago. I knew it was a good name, sold pretty quickly for a nice price.

I N S T A R U N dot C O M

•••
For those unaware, BrandBucket published the following the logo's and refused to redesign them. They claim to listen to your concerns, and welcome private messages to remedy the issues. Yet, when doing so, they stood by their designs and offered no recourse. BrandRoot stuck up for @Simdes by offering to right the wrong that BrandBucket clearly would not. I hope @Simdes accepts @BrandRoots offers, because I'd really like to see the before and after logo's from a BrandRoot designer.

afterrr.PNG

BrandRoot's offer to right @Simdes wrong was done in the relevant BrandBucket thread. However, when invested BrandBucket members noticed that BrandRoot was selling at above a 6% annualized sell rate this month, it sets a panic that if BrandBucket loses it's hype, the reseller market will decline as it slowly has throughout the year.

Fortunately, I quoted BrandRoot's post within my post, and am happy to redistribute this once deleted post that details how BrandRoot stepped in to offer help to a seller BrandBucket ripped off with low quality generic logos. It's gestures like the following that promotes healthy competition, and is demonopolizing a once hyped-up monopolized market. We;ve asked BrandBucket for more stats, and they keep blowing smoke. BrandRoot has already released some industry changing features this year, and is still promising to rollout more features that's all about helping the sellers.

BrandRoot - 3/27/2016
"@Simdes, I'm sorry about your experience at BB. Brandroot can offer you free listings for the domains you move over from BB and we will guarantee that you will like the logos we provide for them. If you don't like them we will redesign a new one for you. Here are few things Brandroot offers:

1. Provide suggestions to our logo designers with your name submissions so it's right the first time
2. Domain bulk upload option for our special account holders
3. Add up to 10 of your own keywords, plus choose up to 15 more from high traffic keywords that we recommend for the categories assigned to your names.
4. Option to purchase 2 additional categories (total of 5) per domain and even more keywords.
5. Free Brandroot domain push option

And coming very soon for our sellers:

1. Customizable Brandroot profile page featuring only your domains, which will be searchable by keyword and category, decked out with optional professional profile details.
2. A new navigational feature for our buyers, where visitors can now browse domains by our "Naming Professional's."
3. Seller analytics. See who and how many are visiting your domains and how they get there.
4. Option to point your IP address to our server or point your Nameservers instead of the old forwarding method at Brandroot.

So far Brandroot has sold about 40 domains this month and are getting close to hitting half a million in sales for 2016. We have a higher turn over rate than Brandbucket and Namerific combined and our organic traffic is how we get 99.9% of our sales. (We closely monitor and track all BB sales on a daily basis and have even reached out to their buyers for even more verification.)

There's a reason why we get a least one seller per week at BB request to move their domains to Brandroot. We also have over 250 seller applicants waiting to get on board but we are very careful and selective, mostly now targeting unhappy BB individuals who are eager to sale at Brandroot. If your portfolio is good at BB we want to show you what domain sales look like at Brandroot and why we have so many happy sellers. PM me a link to your BB portfolio if you are interested. Hope to hear from you soon and hope to turn around your unpleasant experience with designed domains, the precise reason why we started Brandroot. :)"

•••
We also have over 250 seller applicants waiting
Waiting? I think it's a terrible strategy to "steal" sellers from BB in such an agressive way, meanwhile hundreds of potential sellers are waiting (for how long?) BR is telling them: FU, you are not important, only ex-BB sellers are. It's disgusting.

•••
Waiting? I think it's a terrible strategy to "steal" sellers from BB in such an agressive way, meanwhile hundreds of potential sellers are waiting (for how long?) BR is telling them: FU, you are not important, only ex-BB sellers are. It's disgusting.

I'm sure the sellers at BrandRoot appreciate the exclusivity. To me, it seems like the founder wants to protect their sellers 6%+ annualized sales percentage by growing at a rate their growth can handle. I say this because the BrandBank program also makes BrandRoot an equal investor. Organically speaking, they're years ahead of their time.

I agree the practices can use some fine tuning. But I equally respect BrandRoots decision to grow selectively at a rate their marketplace can handle. By having a waitlist to a quality product, BrandRoot can allow 20,000 listings in less than 18 months like BrandBucket at any given time. Why doesn't he? It'd sure make a lot of money in listing fees! I think it's because they don;t have as much manpower as the other marketplaces, and the founder doesn't want to lose site of quality by expanding to quickly. This is just an assumption. Take it as only that.

[PS] BrandRoot has more messages than likes. I see more members treating him negatively than positively. I belive michael to be a coder first, customer service rep second. He's juggling perfection, and at times his customer service does lack. My customer service also lacks when I spend most of the time fighting with other NamePros members who miss the point. You'd be surprised how nice they can be when you aren't putting forth FU words in their mouth.

Last edited:
•••
It would probably be more "pr friendly" to send a reply to the applicants so at least they don't feel ignored.

•••
It would probably be more "pr friendly" to send a reply to the applicants so at least they don't feel ignored.

That's an excellent suggestion!

I would like to add to this by suggesting BrandRoot periodically allows their wait listed applicants to resubmit their 10 favorite domains.

I have no knowledge of how Michael selects his applicants, but part of the registration is to submit your 10 favorite domains. I know I have 10 better domains now, than when I first submitted my application for BrandRoot. As a seller, I appreciate it when I see quality domains listed beside mine. Especially one's that generate lot's of brandable type in traffic :D

•••
I totally agree. If I were BR, and I really wanted to become the top brandable domain site, I would be working my ASS OFF 1) being polite and user-friendly as possible 2) selecting proper sellers ASAP (and NOT keep them waiting for months). In addition, I would avoid all shady marketing tactics. I feel that all brandable domain sites make amateur mistakes, which is a pity, because this way all parties are losing money! :/

•••
Around 4 weeks ago or a bit more i've submitted a name to Brandroot and since that time i got no reply from them about if they accept it or rejected it.
1 weeks ago i sent a mail to their support in order to get information.
Never got a reply.. is this normal for Brandroot?
I'm at the first contact with them.. at least brandbucket send a mail also if the name is rejected.

Do you guys thing that i should have to wait more?
The same here. I never ever felt being so ignored, in any industry. This is just rude and arrogant. I will never work with BR even if they suddenly reply today.

•••
The same here. I never ever felt being so ignored, in any industry. This is just rude and arrogant. I will never work with BR even if they suddenly reply today.

Exclusivity has never been taken kindly by those on the outside looking in. I'm sure BrandRoot appreciates your feedback, but I don't think antagonizing them is going to get you any closer to a response.

You could always PM them on NamePros for an update if you have better domains than your original 10 favorites. BrandRoot has demonstrated a willingness to fix problems. (Granted a lot more code has been fixed than customer service issues) I don't think he's willing to accept members in volume in fear it could bring more problems than it would fix.

I'm excited to seeing what NamePros members bring forth positive suggestions for BrandRoot to help them become a better marketplace.

•••
Exclusivity has never been taken kindly by those on the outside looking in. I'm sure BrandRoot appreciates your feedback, but I don't think antagonizing them is going to get you any closer to a response.

You could always PM them on NamePros for an update if you have better domains than your original 10 favorites. BrandRoot has demonstrated a willingness to fix problems. (Granted a lot more code has been fixed than customer service issues) I don't think he's willing to accept members in volume in fear it could bring more problems than it would fix.

I'm excited to seeing what NamePros members bring forth positive suggestions for BrandRoot to help them become a better marketplace.

The problem is that if they don't reply at all, we don't know if the names are bad, or they have a technical issue (and our application was not registered). I didn't receive anything after I sent my application, not even a line like "Thanks for your application, we'll let you know bla bla bla."
If they prefer ex-BB sellers, then they should add this information before accepting applications.

•••
I don't believe they are accepting new sellers right now. I submitted some names a couple months ago but haven't heard back on them.

Same here. Really hate companies that waste my time, will not be doing business with BrandRoot ever.

•••
I'm about to pay for my domain to get published so I'd like to know this as well. Also, are the add-on costs for feature/spotlight worth it?

$50 - Featured in selected categories for 90 Days
$30 - Feature on Homepage for 90 Days
$90 - Spotlight Name for 90 Days
Same question. Does anybody have any experience?

•••
Brandroot site is not working for me.

•••
•••
LOL, no, the site does not open in (any of) my browser(s).

•••
Yeah, I just added 10 domains with description just to see all of that gone.

•••
@Ted Levy

Hi Ted,

I had the same problem on my end.

The site appears to be back up now.

-Jim

•••
•••
down again. obviously having problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back