Dynadot

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm about to pay for my domain to get published so I'd like to know this as well. Also, are the add-on costs for feature/spotlight worth it?

$50 - Featured in selected categories for 90 Days
$30 - Feature on Homepage for 90 Days
$90 - Spotlight Name for 90 Days

•••
I have 4 names with BrandRoot at the moment (all published within last 4-5 weeks) so that is hardly a representative sample to draw conclusions from, but my experience is this:
  • Once names are submitted, initial review takes approximately 1 business week
  • Once accepted and paid for ($10 fee per name), domains enter the logo que. It takes approximately 1 more business week for domains to be picked by designer. No clue how selection actually works internally, but domain owner has no say over what will final logo look like. However, once logo is published, domain owner can give it either a "thumb up" or "thumb down" and in that way critically appraise quality of designer's work.
  • Designing and publishing of a logo takes approximately 1 business week
Entire process, starting with domain name(s) submission and ending with logo(s) being published takes roughly 3 business weeks, which is much faster response than that of BB and especially Namerific. Quite frankly I don't think it can get much better than that if you'd like to have job done the right way.

Only issue with BrandRoot that I have experienced is certain slowdown in site's work as of recently. As a matter of fact since yesterday, when I first visited the site after a week or so, I haven't been able to load more names in so called Browse View (by clicking on a wide bar at the bottom of page). Hopefully that'll get sorted soon since it hampers proper functioning of the site.

•••
Few days ago I submit few names at BR, one is approved and waiting to be listed.
My questions do I have option to featured name after my brand name has listed.
I saw option only when I verify domain name, but don't know is this option will be available after.

Thanx!

•••
Yes, once your names are published, you have a choice to either "change" or "unlist" any of names listed with BrandRoot. By choosing "change" you gain access to either of 3 upgraded listing options at any point in time.

•••
Great, thank you very much.

•••
Further to my earlier post about some issues with BrandRoot's loading speed and site functionality, I'm happy to inform that they took care of it all and that things are back to normal :)

Now we just need buyers willing to show the same enthusiasm for our names that we did when acquiring them :$:

•••
I'm @ 2-3 weeks on four of the names, submitted, accepted though not yet published likely due to an internal update on their site---but at least moving up the cue! Which is more than I can say about NR (zero movement on accepted names) and BB (neither yay or nay).

It also seems BR is accepting half my names submitted, which may go up as I get more of a sense of what they're looking for. But as Calvenor duly noted, enthusiastic buyers is what we need now!

Last edited:
•••
Bought a spotlight listing for one of my names and will probably buy a front page featured for the other to see how these two pan out.

•••
Bought a spotlight listing for one of my names and will probably buy a front page featured for the other to see how these two pan out.
Let us know the results! The only thing I did differently is change the $100 logo pay out to $200 on two of the names.

•••
BR seems to have stalled. Not sure why that as is as there had been some traction for awhile.

•••
For transparency sake, perhaps Radar can clarify what, "All sales made outside of Brandroot.com after requesting a listing to be removed will be responsible for a commission in the amount of 30 percent of the listed sale price." The sales agreement on BB is very clear, the language is succinct, but on BR isn't. I'll assume it just means that during a period of 30 days of asking to remove a name. But let's just say after 6 months, one year, no sale I will consider other channels.

•••
Things are moving a bit faster as of late. One of my names has been assigned a logo designer at the 4 week mark.

•••
I learned of BR after a thread was made chastising BB (search for it). I've submitted 10 domains to them 6 were rejected/2 accepted within about 12 hours. All 10 were linear in the queue ie domain 1 was #80, domain 2 was #81 etc., But 2 of them are stuck at #29-30, though the ones I had before and after it were reviewed. I suppose they intentionally skipped them, to further contemplate. (Sounds unlikely but these 2 are extremely brandable, thus they might be conflicted whether or not to list them)

I have the forwarding complete yet after a day, their scripts STILL can't verify this. I've sent an email to support, so this will be addressed soon.

•••
Kinda wondering about something, when a name is live as is the case with BB, if one types in the published name you get a page with the listing, but when I do that with BR, I just get the website.
Is this an error? I prefer to get the listing, not the site, hopefully it's just a glitch.

•••
I've tried to sign up as a seller on BR but an error comes up for me. I contacted them the other day with regards to this but I've received no response. I think before they slate rival companies they should get there service in check first.
Kinda wondering about something, when a name is live as is the case with BB, if one types in the published name you get a page with the listing, but when I do that with BR, I just get the website.
Is this an error? I prefer to get the listing, not the site, hopefully it's just a glitch.

I've just typed in a domain name that is listed into BR's search bar and it presents me with the listing rather than the website so it is most likely an error. Since discovering BR I have found other errors and I've tried signing up as a seller but it continuously presents me with an error. I am waiting for BR to respond to my query which they seem to be slow to reply to.

•••
I've tried to sign up as a seller on BR but an error comes up for me. I contacted them the other day with regards to this but I've received no response. I think before they slate rival companies they should get there service in check first.

I've just typed in a domain name that is listed into BR's search bar and it presents me with the listing rather than the website so it is most likely an error. Since discovering BR I have found other errors and I've tried signing up as a seller but it continuously presents me with an error. I am waiting for BR to respond to my query which they seem to be slow to reply to.

I do have the same problem as you, a few of my approved names can't be verified despite forwarding correctly.

•••
I'm having the same issue.No replies to my emails. I'm getting a tad wary

I do have the same problem as you, a few of my approved names can't be verified despite forwarding correctly.

•••

Oh it's not even that. I cannot even sign up to their site. It says there is an error each time despite me typing all my details and the numbers/words they require correctly.

I've been on the sidelines reserving my judgement with regards to these brandable sites and reading more experienced users reviews. What I find really ironic and hypocritical though is when employees of these sites criticise rival companies customer service. BB responded to a query of mine within less than 24 hours. BR have not responded to two emails over a period of a week and with the waiting times for all these companies, an extra week just to sign up is taking the mick.

•••
The glitch I spoke of has been corrected, though the forwarding problem still exists, hopefully you'll be able to sign up soon Mrhappy!

•••
The forwarding problem a few people are experiencing is not our site error, it is the way that the domain is being forwarded, particularly when the domain is registered at Enom. Here's how your forwarding should appear when forwarding from Enom (and likely similar at other obscure registrars.):

sNMHDSi.png

The account creation process is also something only a few people have problems with. It could be a browser issue or the form being incorrectly filled out. It is very difficult to determine the problem with so few people having issues, but we are looking into. We do read every email and note the problem as it occurs. I'm sorry if we have not been able to get back with you. Please try again and if the problem still persists it would help greatly to let us know what browser is being used and what error is seen, along with anything else like a screen shot that could help us resolve the issue for you.

•••
The forwarding problem a few people are experiencing is not our site error, it is the way that the domain is being forwarded, particularly when the domain is registered at Enom. Here's how your forwarding should appear when forwarding from Enom (and likely similar at other obscure registrars.):

sNMHDSi.png

The account creation process is also something only a few people have problems with. It could be a browser issue or the form being incorrectly filled out. It is very difficult to determine the problem with so few people having issues, but we are looking into. We do read every email and note the problem as it occurs. I'm sorry if we have not been able to get back with you. Please try again and if the problem still persists it would help greatly to let us know what browser is being used and what error is seen, along with anything else like a screen shot that could help us resolve the issue for you.

Thanks for the response.

Problem has been resolved.

Thanks.

•••
A tip for all...

If you don't know how to forward a domain using a .htaccess take a few moments to learn.

This will save you the trouble of having to log into various registrars and muddling through settings.

Google ".htaccess redirect" or ".htaccess forward"

•••
In my case my name is forwarded using correct information given by BR. Never had an issue before now. Since I couldn't resolve with BR I contacted GoDaddy. If others are having problems go to the DNS zone file, you may have something outdated, you'll need to change those numbers in order for it to work. It would be helpful though to be able to change name servers, as is the case with BB where it is much clearer, having multiple options clearly laid out should problems arise.

Last edited:
•••
I hve www, not @ or * --I guess my error is there. Gonna go fix it.

About .htaccess, I'm not totally sure their scripts will pick it up.I've used PHP headers to no avail.Maybe .htaccess would work, still

sNMHDSi.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back